• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beaufort, NC September 25-27

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Starting a new thread for this discussion. @bronze_10 threw out Sept 25-27 and it works for me so right now, we are targeting that weekend to hang in Beaufort. Part of this will be a run up Adams Creek and The Neuse River to New Bern and back. Cape Lookout, Sand Dollar Island and all that stuff too. Open to anything at this point.

We are looking at hotel and AirBNB options. Seems like plenty of availability out there. Trailer parking might be the biggest issue. Wet slips at Beaufort Docks are $2 a foot and should have plenty of availability in late September.

Anyone else available, even if it's just for a day and not the entire weekend?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm boatless for now. Planning to buy a new one in the spring.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just booked an AirBNB in Beaufort. It's a 3BR condo above Black Sheep Restaurant and I'm checking in Thursday Sept 24.

There's parking across the street from the Curtis Perry Dock. It's $10 a day, paid cash to the guy who runs it. It's a little over 2 miles from the docks downtown.
1595693029093.png

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This sounds like fun. Definite maybe.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never been there, just saw pictures and looks fun, now is the time. Maybe so far.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am working that Saturday so unfortunately i am out

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just booked an AirBNB in Beaufort. It's a 3BR condo above Black Sheep Restaurant and I'm checking in Thursday Sept 24.

There's parking across the street from the Curtis Perry Dock. It's $10 a day, paid cash to the guy who runs it. It's a little over 2 miles from the docks downtown.
View attachment 127129
Ok, thanks for getting this started, will be watching, have to see if we can manage another trip.

Ronnie Eubanks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like a lot of fun!! I keep my boat at the Beaufort Boathouse and have a place in Atlantic Beach so I know the area very well and go to the lighthouse most weekends. I'm in and please anyone interested or has questions, let me know and happy to help organize since I'm local to the area.

Also, how do I turn on notifications so I stay up to date on this forum post?

Ronnie

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like a lot of fun!! I keep my boat at the Beaufort Boathouse and have a place in Atlantic Beach so I know the area very well and go to the lighthouse most weekends. I'm in and please anyone interested or has questions, let me know and happy to help organize since I'm local to the area.

Also, how do I turn on notifications so I stay up to date on this forum post?

Ronnie
Welcome to the forum! I get emails every time a new post is made in a thread where I've posted. As bronze said, you should get them now.

Still have plenty of time to plan the weekend. Will be nice to make more locals around to steer clear of shallow areas. I'll be getting there that Thursday night so I'll be looking to make plans all day Friday and Saturday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’d love to take part in this. I could trailer my boat up for the day. Would love to see sand dollar island and the light houses.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For the locals out there, assuming all day Saturday for boating, any other cool areas we should plan to see? Cape Lookout and Sand Dollar island are great and those are the only 2 places I've been too out there.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bumping this..... anyone else going to try and make it out there? Thinking Friday afternoon run up Adams Creek and Saturday at Cape Lookout.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll be down that way, but sans boat. My parents live in Jacksonville and I'll be there helping them, hopefully, get rid of their old boat and clean out their garage. Dad is having surgery on Monday, so taking the opportunity to go there and clean up.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hope all went well Suke!

Weather next weekend looks like we might be in for a good time!
C606FFE5-B18E-443B-9462-D802A3FB3EE9.png