• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Benefits of Living in Florida (Destin)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Few of the benefits of living in Destin, Florida. It's still boating season (not trying to rub it in ). Kids were in school so me and the wife took the boat out to Crab Island for lunch and cruised out into the Gulf of Mexico. Saw a pod of about 30-40 dolphins, loggerhead sea turtle, and a small shark.

Sorry for the quality of some of the pics. I was using playback on my GoPro and just took screenshots off my phone. The playback mode is the lower quality so it loads and plays quicker.

Crab Island all to ourselves. Only one other boat out here.

GOPR0787_1415204060688_high.JPG

GOPR0847_1415205928759_high.JPG

Headed through the East Pass into the Gulf.

Screenshot_2014-11-05-12-12-37.png

Screenshot_2014-11-05-12-24-19.png

20141104_123242.jpg

GOPR0796_1415130047433_high.JPG
Screenshot_2014-11-05-12-08-22.png
Screenshot_2014-11-05-12-21-17.png
Screenshot_2014-11-05-12-17-08.png
Screenshot_2014-11-05-12-15-54.png

Awesome. The Gulf of Mexico is incredible....Great stuff. I feel like I'm missing some of the best boating time of the year. Low tourist boats and nice cool weather.

I'm in Japan for work until December 1st.

In a good an proper sounding English accent "YOU LUCKY BASTARD!".....why not rub it in and say....."I had to change my vote on the 'Sex on the Boat' thread too" LOL

Jealous....although our boat is still on the lift waiting for the last warm NC day here! Love the photos! Keep them coming so we can all live vicariously!

So I can't complain like the Northerners who've already seen the snow fly like my old neighbors - see below....(Oct 31 2014)
gurnee snow oct 31 2014.jpg

Awesome pics. I'm up north and we haven't even seen freezing weather yet. Still wear T-shirts some days. Cam.

X2 "YOU LUCKY BASTARD!" Go ahead and keep rubbing it in! Reminds of being there last year riding a Yamaha Waverunner in the same spots. Ready to go back! Actually came across a pod of about fifteen dolphins off the rocky point in one of you pics too. Beautiful water there in the Destin, Fort Walton Beach area.

If you keep posting pics like that throughout the winter I might just have to move :) Every time I see them I will be thinking "Why not me?" and then I will come to my senses and realize "Oh, because it's f@&cking 40 degrees outside!"

Might as well enjoy it if you can. So enjoy it! I will only think about the money I am saving in gas:winkingthumbsup"

Hey I plan on dragging my boat over there a few times a year now that my daughter is stationed at Hurlbert AFB!

Awesome. The Gulf of Mexico is incredible....Great stuff. I feel like I'm missing some of the best boating time of the year. Low tourist boats and nice cool weather.

I'm in Japan for work until December 1st.
So that's why you haven't answered my text!

Took the boat out last weekend (Easter Sunday) for the first time since mid - November (2014). Ain't nothing better than getting that boat on the water.

Installed the new SS Scupper and some underwater LED Lights last month. Guess I did a good job, because the bilge never came on.

Met my brother-in-law @Albysure at Crab Island. He has a sweet looking SeaDoo Challenger he's done some upgrades too. He also installed the same LED Lights. Actually mine were a gift from him for Christmas.

20150405_120757.jpg

20150405_142345.jpg

20150405_121705.jpg

A Yamaha 230 out here too.

20150405_115920.jpg

And saw a 2015 Yamaha 24 Footer

20150405_125448.jpg

Had a dolphin surfing my wake. Only pic we got was kinda after the fact and my GoPro SD Card was full Dadgummit.

20150405_135028.jpg

Less than a month until I am down there. I can't tell you how excited I am. While the weather is warm in Tennessee, the water is only 62 degrees....

Took the boat out last weekend (Easter Sunday) for the first time since mid - November (2014). Ain't nothing better than getting that boat on the water.

You live in Florida and didn't go out for four months? I think you owe it to those further north to live large on our behalf. I mean if your going to make us jealous make us really really jealous. ;)

Less than a month until I am down there. I can't tell you how excited I am. While the weather is warm in Tennessee, the water is only 62 degrees....

Only 62 degrees? I'll take that! Many of us would be thrilled if the high temperature was 62 degrees.

@Helipilot11 it might be good you're not here now You'd be chomping at the bit to get out there. We've been getting hammered with Thunderstorms and heavy rains since Saturday night with no end in sight. Only issue with all this heavy rain is the run off and mucking up the water. Hoefully it won't take too long to clear up.

Took the boat out last weekend (Easter Sunday) for the first time since mid - November (2014). Ain't nothing better than getting that boat on the water. Installed the new SS Scupper and some underwater LED Lights last month. Guess I did a good job, because the bilge never came on.

Great pics @ToddW850. Awesome boat and love the pics of the dolphins. We have a place across from big Kahuna and I'd love to bring the new boat down there, but it's just so crowded! We may just settle on hanging at Harry T's and watching the shenanigans in the harbor while sipping on those frozen concoctions, maybe a little fishing on the Finest Kind. Who knows.... may cross paths at crab Island this year! Enjoy that awesome weather!!

Thanks @Vandyman. And You got the right idea for sure (and sounds like you've done it a few times haha).

Crab Island does get crowded and busy, but I've never gone there and not found a spot with some space around us. I've got 2 kids so we usually steer clear of the craziness near the west side of the island. North and east sides are usually good to go. I say that in case you bring your boat on the next visit. That's where we'll be. There or filming dolphins...

@ToddW850 oh I bet! The weather in Tennessee has been very similar. I get down there around the 10th and I don't start class until June 1 so I hope to make it down there a good bit.

Was at Ft Myers Beach yesterday and saw a black AR 240 anchored in f/ of the Launi Kai. Yami outboards everywhere!

You know all the times I have driven across that bridge, I have never actually boated there. We should try to have a get together at Crab Island this summer. What a cool spot!

I have a buddy stationed near Destin. He just bought a boat and knows absolutely NOTHING about boating haha. I told him Id make a trip and bring mine down and go to Crab Island. Make a thread about it on here and I'll try to be a part.

Back