• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 1-8 2019 - Others welcome to join us - This trip is ON!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, but the locals said they were rounding up some people involved in murders.
I believe the count is up to 30 arrests now.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LayneG do the docks at Resorts World have power?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the count is up to 30 arrests now.

Makes it that much safer in my mind. Was probably more dangerous last couple of years with all these criminals running around loose. We didn't even know we were in a hotbed of illegal activity, lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Makes it that much safer in my mind. Was probably more dangerous last couple of years with all these criminals running around loose. We didn't even know we were in a hotbed of illegal activity, lol
I am not sure how much of a hotbed we were in but I agree that the raids will have reduced the criminal count. The three murders this year in N Bimini likely prompted the raids.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes they do, many large boats plugged in. Many tourists here and enjoying themselves, haven’t heard anyone complaining.
That is good. Until recently the marinas did not have power so the larger boats were running their generators.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
First looks at long range forecasts for next Monday look good....BUT.....the wind on either side is higher than I'd like. Hopefully the weather doesn't shift forwards or backwards and this forecast holds!

"Windy" has us with 5.6 MPH winds dropping to 3.6, and waves of .7 ft. That would be awesome crossing conditions!

Sunday morning has 12 mph winds with 1.8 foot waves
Tuesday morning has 13 mph winds with .5 foot waves (lower waves because the winds switch directions)

Still way to far off to count on in any way.....but fun to watch and hope!!!!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First looks at long range forecasts for next Monday look good....BUT.....the wind on either side is higher than I'd like. Hopefully the weather doesn't shift forwards or backwards and this forecast holds!

"Windy" has us with 5.6 MPH winds dropping to 3.6, and waves of .7 ft. That would be awesome crossing conditions!

Sunday morning has 12 mph winds with 1.8 foot waves
Tuesday morning has 13 mph winds with .5 foot waves (lower waves because the winds switch directions)

Still way to far off to count on in any way.....but fun to watch and hope!!!!
What direction(s) do they have the wind coming from?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What direction(s) do they have the wind coming from?
Install "Windy" on your phone and it will show you all the details (it is the longest timeframe out app). Then there is Sailfinder and Sailflow (only showing until Sunday at this point).
(on windy search for Bahamas - and look at "Bahamas - gulf stream (fort lauderdale/bimini)"

Wind is shifting on Monday from SSE to SSW to SW, then Tuesday it is NW....which is not ideal for Bimini boating.....but we'll be in paradise, so we'll suffer! LOL

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Happy to see that the forecast continues to hold for Monday!!! Couple more days and we'll know much better.

Currently 4.8mph winds, .6 foot waves, no rain, with the wind/waves dropping as the day progresses!

Yesterday it had rain.....so hoping that stays away!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My husband has been looking for a fast way to refuel. I like the idea of the nozzles but our gas cans are brand new. Everything I’m seeing says they’re for cans manufactured before 2009. Have you used these on a newer gas can? And yes, we’re planning to practice refueling this weekend!
You do realize it is disclaimer they need in order to be able to sell those fast spouts - those are not legal under new federal guidelines, right?
Those fit and work very well. You do not want to mess with an EPA approved spouts trying to refuel if in rough water.

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you found Windy to be fairly reliable? I’ve been watching that and NOAA marine forecasts.

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That makes sense. I bet that’s why Harbour Freight didn’t have anything like it. We bought a few other things at Harbor Freight yesterday. My husband removed the screen thing inside the tanks. We have a couple siphon things but I’m going to order some of those spouts as well and modify the cans a little more.
Whoops. Forgot to insert the quotes!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That makes sense. I bet that’s why Harbour Freight didn’t have anything like it. We bought a few other things at Harbor Freight yesterday. My husband removed the screen thing inside the tanks. We have a couple siphon things but I’m going to order some of those spouts as well and modify the cans a little more.
Whoops. Forgot to insert the quotes!
Yep. That’s why God gave us amazon prime delivery! Lol

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You do realize it is disclaimer they need in order to be able to sell those fast spouts - those are not legal under new federal guidelines, right?
Those fit and work very well. You do not want to mess with an EPA approved spouts trying to refuel if in rough water.

Yep. That’s why God gave us amazon prime delivery! Lol

I just ordered a different brand. I couldn’t get the EZ Pour ones in time!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have you found Windy to be fairly reliable? I’ve been watching that and NOAA marine forecasts.
I look at Windy, Sailflow, and windfinder. My brother and his friends in Tampa all use windy for their offshore trips....

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length