• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Pig Roast June 2014 - Bimini, Bahamas

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice to see a fellow Bimini adventurer aboard!
Thanks! Now if we can get the rest over here so I dont have to monitor two sites that would be great! :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It was very hard to get the word out to some. I have been banned now for 2 months, so only the direct email contact or cell numbers of guys I had communicated with, could I reach. But everybody has a few more and the word spreads! And...the bimini thread lives on!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was thinking of this effort tonight. we may want to anchor a date for this. Meats don't hold well in a "ice only" environment...from the time we leave home state. combine that with the desire to SEE EVERYTHING in the first 24 hours..well..could be hard. open for debate: we'll all see each other at the captains meeting..then about 10 hours later we'll be underway..... last year we hit honeymoon harbor day 1....(awesome)..but make no doubt there is actually time to see everything twice.

I suggest we make the the pigout day 1 or 2 to preserve the meat and mayo, get to meet everyone straight up/relaxed, perhaps even talk plans like scuba or snorkel priorities which take planning. anyone not interested in scuba can use that time to golf cart north Bimini...remaining 4ish days can be advanced Yamaha fun......

it's not the idea..it's the evolution of the idea that makes it great !!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I entirely agree with this, but @Bruce is the pig master. We should also plan a bit of a menu, so everyone can pitch in for the grub.

Honeymoon Harbor is an awesome spot to hit the first day, with the Sapona wreck an easy layover on the way!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I entirely agree with this, but @Bruce is the pig master. We should also plan a bit of a menu, so everyone can pitch in for the grub.

Honeymoon Harbor is an awesome spot to hit the first day, with the Sapona wreck an easy layover on the way!
X2

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perhaps dinner at honey moon harbor on the first evening? Or plan for a later day to let everyone get their first days excitement out of the way?

I am planning to bring one or two, depending on how large our group gets, pre smoked hams from a local processing plant. They typically are just under 20 pounds each with a bone in. They are wrapped and and frozen from the factory and even come in a box with a USDA stamp so I do not expect any customs issues.

At home I smoke them for an additional 24 hours and they come out amazing.

At honeymoon harbor I am thinking that I will locate some dead wood, bring some metal rods and improvise a spit to warm them on. The fire should add heat and flavor. With the scenery and excitement I bet we will not care what we are eating!

Depending on how loaded my boat seems when we are leaving home, I may bring some Arkansas Hickory to cook over.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Customs is a non issue, they don't come to the boat, it's way more laid back than that. And you are allowed to bring stores (food and supplies) into the country.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ALLsome floats crew (4) is in for sure. We would like to contribute, what should we bring? Maybe potato salad or something along those lines? Maybe a bunch of pre mixed salads in a bag.... Those 10 bags might travel better than a huge thing of potato salad. Suggestions? I'll check with the girls for ideas too.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And I think day 2 might be a good target for something organized. I agree day 1 is gonna be a do everything and a go big day/night. It usually is for us even if we are just camping at the lake!

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe I can supply all the paper goods and trash bags? My 19footer and cooler space is limited.

Sorry for so many posts, just thinking out loud and I just found this thread, so I feel behind. Lol

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Count us in on being there (4 total). We will have to figure out what to bring as we get closer. Hard part will be with 4 guys, none of us will be cooking!!! We'll figure something out and maybe it will be some more meat to burn on the fire. You can never go wrong with more meat at a cookout...

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Beer is always a good gesture :) it will be in short supply at the island.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree: The sooner the gooder !! We had a hard time keeping the meats frozen last year. I think we're going to our shopping when we get to FLA this year instead of trucking it down. We're taking a day out of the commute equation, but it's still a challenge.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Emma is getting ready for Bimini