• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bonehead move...forgot to lower antenna...hit bridge....grrrr....repair???

Better than the 3 guys yesterday that forgot to raise their prop. Two dug right into sandbar. The last one was dragging it on the concrete... tried to wave him down but he gave me a thumbs up. :stop::stop:

Do you guys have a link, please. i'm not finding it...
I would like one!

EDIT - link to something members here have used, that works.

--
I mounted my mount yesterday. The 16' of cable that came with the mount is 2' too short when mounted at the center of the tower. I should know this coming weekend how well it works (once my extension cable arrives)

Is this the quick disconnect antenna/mount from Shakespeare you posted about putting on? I may have a 4' spare if I can find it. I paid for one and they shipped two. It is for VHF and white. I will look for it.

Oh BTW pictures help.

Edit: Found it, could be a cheap alternative for you @JulianPM me if interested.
View attachment 73715 View attachment 73716 View attachment 73717

Yes, this is a quick connect.... I'd like the full 8 foot antenna though... Thanks for the offer!

My install is linked in my signature... Quick connect So no need to run new cable thankfully !

I may buy a new one AND repair the one I have, then test the two.

Yes, this is a quick connect.... I'd like the full 8 foot antenna though... Thanks for the offer!

My install is linked in my signature... Quick connect So no need to run new cable thankfully !

I may buy a new one AND repair the one I have, then test the two.

You can run one port and one starboard. Make sure to sweep them toward the stern about 40 degrees. Get your windshield tinted limo-dark. Fill your ballast and run parallel to shore about one mile out in the ocean at just below planing speed. From a distance, you'll look like a 50' Hatteras convertible!

Flexseal tape!

Flexseal tape!

@Julian what did you end up doing. Just did the same thing and tomorrow is 4th and we start the drive on Thursday morning for the July group. With this weather, I am definitely going to need a working antenna but I would like to repair what I just installed. Did you end up repairing or getting a replacement ?

@Julian what did you end up doing. Just did the same thing and tomorrow is 4th and we start the drive on Thursday morning for the July group. With this weather, I am definitely going to need a working antenna but I would like to repair what I just installed. Did you end up repairing or getting a replacement ?
Bummer. I just saw your post on @Julian ’s thread. I was thinking as i read the posts above that you might be able to use some industrial heat shrink tubing to reattach a broken off piece. Anyway, good luck with the fix and happy 4th.

Back