• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The NYT and other outlets are saying the package is close. I for one am very glad there is oversight built into the fund being created!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Preach brother! Never let a good crisis go to waste as they have been saying.
What does an Obamaphone have to do with this crisis?
What does same day voting have to do with this crisis?
What does windmills and solar power tax credits have to do with this crisis?
What does corporate board diversity politics have to do with this crisis? I really hate the overused buzzword "diversity" btw and it's so cringeworthy.
What does making Unions have more power have to do with this crisis?
What does Post Office bailouts have to do with this crisis?
Not a damn thing.
I could go on and on but it's clear nobody wants to talk about the meat and potatoes. They just want to eat a meal....however it's made.

Look, corporations are going to get fat. If it's not big corps it's lobbyists. Pick your poison.

If you want your brother to have relief then he needs to be able to pay his workers during this time and not out of his own pocket or he goes broke right?

Guess who doesn't get a check from these funds (if it ever gets passed with lord knows a\what all bloatware imbedded in it)? This guy and I could care less so long as my company doesn't go under. However not everyone I know is in this position and many are simply out of work and worried as bills will continue to come in and shit needs to get paid. Piss or get off the pot I say. Now is NOT the time for tick for tack between the left and the right. Now is NOT the time for "I gotta get mines in".

View attachment 114327View attachment 114328View attachment 114329

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 Trillion! Think about that. 2 Trillion more in debt with the stroke of a pen. What was that about the cure being worse than the virus again? I guess the US going in to a severe depression is worse than 2 Trillion in debt. Got to look at the positive side I guess.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If POTUS is so concerned about the economy why doesn’t he just implement another executive order so that his desires will be realized? That’s what he did for wall funding when congress didn’t give him hat he wanted.

It seems like the federal government is more concerned about treating the symptoms of this pandemic (an economy on the verge of recession or depression) than the cause itself. With the stroke of a pen POTUS can place the entire U.S. under a shelter in place / stay at home order but he hasn’t done so yet and it doesn’t look like he will.

If the rumors are true Dr. Faci (sp?) will not last much longer in Trump’s administration, so will will be hearing more lies going unchecked by any true experts.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
2 Trillion! Think about that. 2 Trillion more in debt with the stroke of a pen. What was that about the cure being worse than the virus again? I guess the US going in to a severe depression is worse than 2 Trillion in debt. Got to look at the positive side I guess.
Yeah and I'll never understand why the Canadian Dollar is at .69 vs the US $, go figure.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yeah and I'll never understand why the Canadian Dollar is at .69 vs the US $, go figure.
How is Canada doing with COVID-19? I assume you're faring well? I hope!?!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
With the stroke of a pen POTUS can place the entire U.S. under a shelter in place / stay at home order but he hasn’t done so yet and it doesn’t look like he will.
Without invoking martial law, he actually can’t. My guess is someone knows this in his administration. Trust me this is the LAST thing you want the federal govt to do. We want our states choosing the best course of action for themselves. I’d argue county by county. What’s necessary for New York is not necessary for Wyoming. If the economy is the concern (which it should be) this would certainly send it over the edge.

Edit: He can’t invoke martial law here either. Article 1 section 9 is very clear.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Elon came thru! He did exactly what he said he would do. Actually better.

1585096593666.png

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How is Canada doing with COVID-19? I assume you're faring well? I hope!?!
The Quebec Government has all non essential services closed till April 13, because of a spike of 200 hundred new cases in my province yesterday alone with 1000 cases in Quebec. So we are all basically on self isolation to keep this thing from getting worse. Canada has 2792 reported with 615 new cases today so in Quebec we own 1/3 of all reported cases in Canada, not good.

As of Wednesday, there were at least 25 testing clinics operating across the province and six more are on the way by the end of the week, according to Quebec's Health Ministry.
Premier François Legault said the province is now carrying out 3,000 tests a day, with plans to increase capacity to 5,000.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The Quebec Government has all non essential services closed till April 13, because of a spike of 200 hundred new cases in my province yesterday alone with 1000 cases in Quebec. So we are all basically on self isolation to keep this thing from getting worse. Canada has 2792 reported with 615 new cases today so in Quebec we own 1/3 of all reported cases in Canada, not good.
Damn! Sorry to hear. Honestly, in my ignorance, I was thinking due to your climate it wasn't as prevalent.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What does an Obamaphone have to do with this crisis?
What does same day voting have to do with this crisis?
What does windmills and solar power tax credits have to do with this crisis?
What does corporate board diversity politics have to do with this crisis? I really hate the overused buzzword "diversity" btw and it's so cringeworthy.
What does making Unions have more power have to do with this crisis?s
What does Post Office bailouts have to do with this crisis?
Not a damn thing.
I could go on and on but it's clear nobody wants to talk about the meat and potatoes. They just want to eat a meal....however it's made.

Look, corporations are going to get fat. If it's not big corps it's lobbyists. Pick your poison.

If you want your brother to have relief then he needs to be able to pay his workers during this time and not out of his own pocket or he goes broke right?

Guess who doesn't get a check from these funds (if it ever gets passed with lord knows a\what all bloatware imbedded in it)? This guy and I could care less so long as my company doesn't go under. However not everyone I know is in this position and many are simply out of work and worried as bills will continue to come in and shit needs to get paid. Piss or get off the pot I say. Now is NOT the time for tick for tack between the left and the right. Now is NOT the time for "I gotta get mines in".

View attachment 114327View attachment 114328View attachment 114329
Why are some gun stores not being deemed essential business in certain states or cities? Last time I checked you buy a firearm to protect YOUR LIFE and YOUR FAMILIES lives. Some PD'a are telling their community they will not come out for robbery and vandalism. Ok so you take away the ability for people to defend themselves AND you plan not to come when they need your help? Yea fuck that. Good thing I have ammo and firearms.

This is perfect storm for the left to stomp on any constitutional rights we were all granted by being citizens of this great country,
So much for non political I guess that has gone out the window

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t understand why some cities are letting out prisoners. Why some cities are deeming pot and alcohol shops as essential but declaring gun stores non essential. I don’t understand why police departments are saying they will not respond to robberies or theft calls while also stripping people the right to protect themselves. In case you can’t connect the dots that’s like sending up the bat signal or open season for criminals to do what they want without consequence. It puts the odds greatly in the criminals favor vs the public’s. Why????!!!!

Scary times y’all and something doesn’t smell quite right. We have over 45k cases in the US with 600+ deaths. Italy has 65k infected and 6k+ deaths. The US has on average 35k die from the seasonal flu each year (short time frame). Something does not add up or seem right in my gut. Not trying to downplay this virus at all and it’s clearly serious but .....something just seems strange in all of this. The timing of it all just seems so fitting for other things going on. I’ve been back and forth on this so many times in my head.

Sometimes I freak out over the virus scare and then other times I reel myself back in to take a step back and look at all the other things going on such as I listed above. I’ve read articles where we might be overreacting and I’ve read articles where we aren’t doing enough. It’s polar opposites no matter where you go or what you read which just adds to the speculation, confusion and panic. Perfect storm. It also makes me very nervous for the future the next time a new strand of whatever pops up are we to do this every single time? The world couldn’t handle this being a routine thing every decade or so. H1N1 killed tens of thousands of US citizens and we didn’t shut down anything.

Again not downplaying the severity as I am also scared of getting this thing like anyone else is but just something in my gut keeps trying to make me rationalize the numbers somehow and it never adds up. Am I alone in these thoughts bouncing in my head?

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Here's a slight change of subject.

How how has everyone been hiding at home? My family has been holed up since the 14th. And all 4 of us are still alive. :)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a slight change of subject.

How how has everyone been hiding at home? My family has been holed up since the 14th. And all 4 of us are still alive. :)
For the most part same here except grocery store runs. We did take our boat out this past Saturday but we went from house to boat/lake and back home with no interactions with others. Only issue for me is my wife is an RN at a large hospital in Atlanta. So I feel like no matter how good I am, I can’t control the risk of her bringing it home to myself or my 5 year old son. Unless we self quarantine to another area of the house, but how’s that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.