• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
For the most part same here except grocery store runs.
You should try Instacart. They have a 14 day free trial. I've had groceries delivered 3 times with no extra expense except an in app tip to the driver. I instructed them to leave everything on top of the hot tub on the back porch so we have no physical contact with them. Then we spray/wipe with disinfectant before bringing them in the house.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Depends on what the guy that runs this site thinks. Seems like he leaves posts that he agrees with and deletes ones that he doesn't.
Dude.....Stop. Based on your profile you have no right to make that statement. Try being on here for a few years then make that accusation. You wouldn’t be able to.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trust me this is the LAST thing you want the federal govt to do. We want our states choosing the best course of action for themselves. I’d argue county by county. What’s necessary for New York is not necessary for Wyoming. If the economy is the concern (which it should be) this would certainly send it over the edge.

Edit: He can’t invoke martial law here either. Article 1 section 9 is very clear.
Trust you because you are a Constitutional Law expert?

Legal research has gotten a lot easier since I graduated from law school.
Article 1 section 9 “Clearly” sets out limits on Congress not the President of the United States.

On a Federal Level only the POTUS may declare Martial Law, Govemors may due so at the State level.

Unless you got the citation to the Constitution wrong you are the next to last person I would trust for accurate information. The President or the (currently) “Un”-United States being the last person.

471AF761-FBBA-47AA-BC38-19DD02A637B7.png

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Most frustrating part of all this is having 3 kids and both us parents apparently are essential and go to work. Building hospitals and sanitizing schools the last week or so. You know what starting a whole day of homework at 7:30 at night is like?
I feel like i might as well homeschool!
I am SURE i am not the only parent to think so!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Going out to the Beneteau today, will be the last time for a couple of weeks. "Stay at home order" begins at 5pm today for non essential travel, I guess coming out of cabin fever and visiting a happy place is not essential. ;) I need to do a final fit test on the new cabin sole boards, before I apply the epoxy and poly. I had to make a new board because the stripes were off an 1/8".
We are all good here and used to the isolation.

FYI...It's hard not to keep track, but as of last night VT has 95 confirmed cases, 7 deaths, 5 of which were from Burlington Health and Rehab. a long term care nursing facility.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The only posts removed from this thread contained personal attacks.

Please let's all try and keep the discussion non partisan. It's fine to say "the federal government should do more" (that isnt partisan). We've given more latitude in this discussion....probably a mistake....yes.....we make them!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
On a Federal Level only the POTUS may declare Martial Law, Govemors may due so at the State level.
The point was the language states rebellion or uprising. Unless the TP riots have gotten that bad, what would enforce such an executive order on a federal level? The FBI? I agree states can do it during times of disaster (Chicago Fire, Hawaii after arrack by Japanese, as example) I’m really not trying to be a smart ass here, and I defer to your legal expertise. I believe we do not want the federal govt overstepping their boundaries, makes it that much easier during the next threat whether your opinion is it’s real or perceived.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My work was declared essential as well today. Thankfully I’m able to work from home, for now at least, and hoping to continue for a month or so until this gets better. My boss is a complete dumbass micromanager so really hoping he doesn’t make us come into work through this nonsense all because he can’t fathom working from a laptop or his cell phone (he mainly talks in meeting all day).
THIS!!!!!

you spoke to my heart with this statement, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I worked for a week from home, but then was told I needed to come back in because "we're more productive at the office".

I am typing this response from my productive work space at the office.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One thing I have to say about ammo hoarding. I was a cop, I own guns. That being said do I think I need thousands of rounds of ammo, like im going to have a protracted firefight defending my home from an army of zombies. Give me a break. First of all if you think you can defend a home from an army of invaders your going to be a little disappointed. It's like hoarding pallets of toilet paper, PANIC IS REPLACING COMMONSENSE AND REASONABLE PREPAREDNESS.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
My wife is transitioning to working from home and it is not going well, she is easily frustrated by computers so I need to keep my head down and mouth shut. Need to go hole up in my shop building for my own good.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not surprised at all a virus originated here after watching this. Wtf? Very disturbing.

Well that’s gross. After seeing how they live and what they eat including Fido, I say we charge off out entire debt that we owe them for giving us the Virus. That should pay for the virus cost and put us out if out of debt.
Thats probably the plan anyway.
I think I remember an early campaign days him saying if we just don’t pay China back we’re not in debt anymore.
and maybe we should put a little more money until the missile defense system. Just saying...

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a slight change of subject.

How how has everyone been hiding at home? My family has been holed up since the 14th. And all 4 of us are still alive. :)
Both my wife and I and able to work from and both falling into the essential business category (Insurance & Banking industry). We have two small children ages 6 & 2 years old and came up with three schedules to keep things organized and our sanity. First, a schedule for working hours so my wife and I can trade off with the kids and set known working hours with our employers/staff. Second, a schedule for the kids which includes activities, snacks, lunch, learning time and outside/garage time if the weather is bad. Third, since we are now home 24/7 my wife and I came up with a house cleaning schedule to keep things clean and from getting out of control with our two little tornados.

So far the schedule has helped and lets the kids know what to expect and when to expect it.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most frustrating part of all this is having 3 kids and both us parents apparently are essential and go to work. Building hospitals and sanitizing schools the last week or so. You know what starting a whole day of homework at 7:30 at night is like?
I feel like i might as well homeschool!
I am SURE i am not the only parent to think so!
I'm right there with ya on the homework. I don't want to do it and the kids sure as heck don't want to do it at night. An app that we use to communicate with the teachers is almost a PITA. It's blowing my phone up and now they're asking all parents to go out and buy Chrome books so the kids can use those while at home to do school work. Its very frustrating seeing both the wife & I have to work. Not even sure if our internet out in the middle of nowhere would handle 2 kids streaming school?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Both my wife and I and able to work from and both falling into the essential business category (Insurance & Banking industry). We have two small children ages 6 & 2 years old and came up with three schedules to keep things organized and our sanity. First, a schedule for working hours so my wife and I can trade off with the kids and set known working hours with our employers/staff. Second, a schedule for the kids which includes activities, snacks, lunch, learning time and outside/garage time if the weather is bad. Third, since we are now home 24/7 my wife and I came up with a house cleaning schedule to keep things clean and from getting out of control with our two little tornados.

So far the schedule has helped and lets the kids know what to expect and when to expect it.
Brilliant.

Wife has been home since the 13th. I'm home 3 days a week now. This scheduling thing might just be what we need to maintain some sanity.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hmmmmm... This thread content is entertainment itself!!

Poking.gif

popcorn.gif

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone who stores their boat away from home contacted where you're keeping it to see if you are going to be able to get it out of storage? Just a thought. I'm not sure if our county fairgrounds have said anything about it but that's where we used to store a boat. Wouldn't surprise me if they cancel the 2 weekend to get your boat from there.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why are some gun stores not being deemed essential business in certain states or cities? Last time I checked you buy a firearm to protect YOUR LIFE and YOUR FAMILIES lives. Some PD'a are telling their community they will not come out for robbery and vandalism. Ok so you take away the ability for people to defend themselves AND you plan not to come when they need your help? Yea fuck that. Good thing I have ammo and firearms.

This is perfect storm for the left to stomp on any constitutional rights we were all granted by being citizens of this great country,
Yep, this irks me more than anything else - NJ suspended background checks and deemed firearms stores as non-essential. Thankfully I'm well armed-and well-supplied, but it's total horseshit.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One thing I have to say about ammo hoarding. I was a cop, I own guns. That being said do I think I need thousands of rounds of ammo, like im going to have a protracted firefight defending my home from an army of zombies. Give me a break. First of all if you think you can defend a home from an army of invaders your going to be a little disappointed. It's like hoarding pallets of toilet paper, PANIC IS REPLACING COMMONSENSE AND REASONABLE PREPAREDNESS.
Do you need thousands of rounds? No. Will I have to shoot anyone because of this? 99.999999% no, but there are evil people who take advantage of any situation, and had I not had ammo sitting on my shelf in case shit hits the fan, I'd be unable to procure any at this moment.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I gotta figure out how to mute this threat... gonna try to find a positive one..... somewhere.! :rolleyes:

Where was that cobra vs thrust vector debait?

Or, add in the mix no fin crutch needed!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You call it a crutch but in cross winds to an unfamiliar driver the Cobra Fins+ JBP LTE, totally unsupported and high risk combination I have is absolute power. And seeing the bubbles on the side on hard reverse is pretty cool.

No reason to fight over this, everyone already knows which the very best choice is...we just need to answer Yes to the question, and not share what that answer is!

Status
Not open for further replies.