• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ethanol free gas near Smith Mountain Lake

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are heading to Smith Mountain lake in a few weeks and bringing the Yamaha. I usually just run to the station each morning with cans and fill up with regular, but I'm worried they are on E15 and it won't be labeled. Is there somewhere close to the north end of the lake (goodview) to grab ethanol free? Prefer not to pay Marina prices, but I know beggars can't be choosers.

We are heading to Smith Mountain lake in a few weeks and bringing the Yamaha. I usually just run to the station each morning with cans and fill up with regular, but I'm worried they are on E15 and it won't be labeled. Is there somewhere close to the north end of the lake (goodview) to grab ethanol free? Prefer not to pay Marina prices, but I know beggars can't be choosers.

By federal law E 15 cannot be sold unless it is labeled E15…

That is our favorite trip each year. We go once or twice, depending on schedules. VA gas always seems reasonable to me compared to NC gas. Normally the marinas there sell high quality , non ethanol, and I didn't mind paying it. This year, I will be thinking the same way you are., looking for lower prices. I expect to buy regular gas and just add fuel stabilizer, until the end of the season, then fill most of the tank with non E. Have fun !! Love that area .

That is our favorite trip each year. We go once or twice, depending on schedules. VA gas always seems reasonable to me compared to NC gas. Normally the marinas there sell high quality , non ethanol, and I didn't mind paying it. This year, I will be thinking the same way you are., looking for lower prices. I expect to buy regular gas and just add fuel stabilizer, until the end of the season, then fill most of the tank with non E. Have fun !! Love that area .
Same here. We make a trip up from Florida each year. It's worth every penny to see the kids have a blast.

How much is ethanol free gas to fill up on the water? I’ll be at Gaston in a month or so thinking it’s going to be $7 a gallon on the water since regular gas is $5 plus these days

How much is ethanol free gas to fill up on the water? I’ll be at Gaston in a month or so thinking it’s going to be $7 a gallon on the water since regular gas is $5 plus these days
It was just shy of $7 on June 12th. I'm sure it's higher by now.

I just emailed a few places I have gassed up at in past years. I asked if they post prices.

This is one response this morning:

"We do not post them, but 87 non ethanol is currently $6.19 and 93 non ethanol is currently $7.09."

Crazy Horse Marina has posted 4.79 a gallon. I wish that were accurate .

Gas was 6.69 at Eaton Ferry Marina yesterday. The dock hand said it's been stable for the past couple weeks.

Back