• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foot rest under console.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So noticed from day one that when putting ANY pressure in the foot rest under the console while piloting causes the floorboard to “pop” as if it were cracked. I climbed in the head compartment under the console and found a large plastic panel glued to the bottom of it. Does anyone else have this plastic panel glued to the bottom of their console foot rest? Would have taken a pic but need double knee replacements and didn’t have my phone with me. Will take pics later when I have to hobble down the stairs again to put the cover on.

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the same plastic panel.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thx

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took mine out yesterday for the very first time and noticed that. I thought I had cracked it, so I stopped putting any serious pressure on it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Took mine out yesterday for the very first time and noticed that. I thought I had cracked it, so I stopped putting any serious pressure on it.
I did the same after the first "pop", but have since once or twice done it again.

Perhaps some Seadek is in order (might may to pop sound more muffled?) :)

Yamaha 190 FSH SeaDek Dual Density Helm Pad

View attachment 94687
It came with the Marinemat (oe grey pad) there (angled part in your pic). Thats why I crawled under to try and see it from the bottom and found the plastic panel glued to it.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I haven’t looked at mine, but I’m very nearly 300 lbs and mine doesn’t make any noise. Maybe it fell all the way off?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
250-260lb meat head knuckle dragger here (depending on time of year). It made the noise a couple times before I found the plastic panel on bottom. Panel is still there. Originally though it was broken and "fixed"... but seems others have the same panel.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if it's actually cracked or what, but here's an idea to solidify that area, when you're able to get down there (or have someone with better knees give you a hand!)

When you install an acrylic tub (similar issues can and will arise like you mention), you can fill up the area underneath, then shoot some spray foam in there. I'd recommend a slow-rise foam like the window and door stuff, that's the blue can, NOT the black or red cans. If you wanna fill in the area with a 2x4 trimmed to fit, that'll require less foam.

Also, thanks for adding to the list of stuff I have to remember to look at when I finally take the cover off next weekend :winkingthumbsup"

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My foot rest does the same thing. I had another person push on it while I climbed under the center Console and watched. What happens is one of the corners buckled under heavy pressure. It isn’t physically cracked anywhere, but it’s like popping a ping pong ball in and out if that makes sense

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sooo took it to the dealership yesterday. Was my 10hr service. Had cracked gel coat on the clean out port hatch. A new one ordered. Showed them the popping foot rest.... a new console insert ordered. Starting to REALLY like Yamaha and Ski Dock!