• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

"Free Accelerator" button on older throttles....did you know you had one????

Did you know this button exists on many older boats (2012 and earlier perhaps)?

• Yes-I have one

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Yes-But not on my model

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No - wow I learned something new

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Was talking to @jetboater4life about the jet boat squirt gun I made and how to get it to work. The design only works on boats with a "free accelerator" button on the throttle controls.

The button allows you to rev the engines without moving the buckets/gates.

1598979988439.png

Most I/O have this, so you don't put the transmission in "gear". My FSH has the spot for it, but it doesn't depress. Maybe I am not pressing hard enough? lol ;p

Last edited:
Yup, my previous boats all had this feature to warm up the engines - carb models need a little throttle to warm up without stalling. Fuel injected shouldn't need it, but this is my first boat with fuel injection so no history to compare. Anyway my 212s doesn't have this button.

Had this on my 3.0L/Alpha 1 sterndrive. It was carburated and required a VERY precise pattern to start when cold. (3) "full pumps" then 1/4 throttle out of gear. Start and idle at 1,500rpm until temp gage moved off the lower peg. Then you were good to go for the day. Without that routine it would be 30min to get it to start.

Fuel Injection was a MANDATORY feature on any boat I ever own in the future. The luxury of just "turning the key and motoring away" is huge to me.

Anywho.....my '17 AR190 doesn't have this, and I've honestly never missed it.

Back