• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How do you store your life jackets on your boat?

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you store your life jackets on your boat? I was storing under the back seats but noticed some mildew growing on them. Probably from washing the boat down / wet people in and out of the boat and rain during trailering. I’m thinking of storing my jackets in dry bags under my seats… anyone ever do this or have better ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 78979A19-8F04-4ABC-A31D-C290E8596535.jpeg
    78979A19-8F04-4ABC-A31D-C290E8596535.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
I keep them up under the front seats. That way when I put the boat away I can just flip up the seats. Also it is a great place since they can be accessed quickly in an emergency on the water. Last thing you want to do is dig for life jackets when you really need them. When they are soaking wet I put them in the ski locker while we are out. I have rigged up some hangers and I put the wet jackets on the hangers from the tower, which are secured well with a through bungee cord so when I am driving home they are air dried on the way.

Unfortunately, My port storage is pretty full with coolers food and kid stuff most of the time.

In my little 190 I keep those packed up above and behind the battery in the port rear underseat. I have (8) of them stuffed up in there. Enough for everyone on the boat at any given time.

I consider the orange ones to be "backups". The immediate family (wife, 2 boys, and dog) all have nice neoprene vests. Guests get nylon vests that live in the ski locker or starboard rear underseat storage.

Keeping them clean/dry isn't really an issue. Unless we're in a rainstorm the rear underseats stay really dry on my boat (after some work)

Where ever you store them, they must be readily accessible and ready to wear. Oh, and they must fit. CG orders...

Type-1s are under the front seats. Sport Jackets are in the head.

I separate up to 4 dry life jackets in large black trash bags to keep dry from rain or washing the boat down. Now they never get mildew on them and always dry.

Dry ones in starboard cockpit storage. Wet ones hang from the Bimini

We use hangars inside the port storage. Had to add a curtain rod
We hang ours on a rod in the starboard helm storage. Photos in my build thread.

In the T bag overhead…. Readily available

I did the table holder mod. Puts the table and modified holder at the edge of the door on right. Hung a section of Kobalt track and some hangers that we store the PFD's on. A plastic shoe holder for misc. stuff. Stretched paracord to hang towels and keep the filler cushion on the shelf against the hull. Pillows, first aid kit, etc. on the locker sole.

20170610_081634.jpg

We put a curtain rod in the port side head compartment for most of them. At the boat ramp/launch any kids coming get theirs and keep it on, and any adults are basically assigned one and can keep it with them or know where it is depending on their preference. I keep throwables under the seats for quick access.

Attachments

• 20220616_201329.jpg
    20220616_201329.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Back