• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Updated Images of Yamaha Manufacturing in Venore

When Will We Get Our Boats

• Total voters

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For all of us wondering how the plant in Venore looks, here it is.Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 8.42.55 PM.png
From when we last analyzed the photo... They have added more additions on the south side of the building. Added a drive to connect the building south of the plant and added the parking lot in-between the two. We can also see boats leaving the plant on semis. So they are being shipped out but unfortunately for us northerners, they are probably heading east, west, and south. Let us take a poll to see when we think the majority of us will get our "unicorn" boats. Oh, Mamayamaha.... can we have an update? Even if its the same stuff new day... It'd be nice to know you're still alive.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For all of us wondering how the plant in Venore looks, here it is.View attachment 168220
From when we last analyzed the photo... They have added more additions on the south side of the building. Added a drive to connect the building south of the plant and added the parking lot in-between the two. We can also see boats leaving the plant on semis. So they are being shipped out but unfortunately for us northerners, they are probably heading east, west, and south. Let us take a poll to see when we think the majority of us will get our "unicorn" boats. Oh, Mamayamaha.... can we have an update? Even if its the same stuff new day... It'd be nice to know you're still alive.
I saw some Yamaha’s heading north through the Badger state last week.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a bing maps image it appears. Date can be months old but hard to tell since that info isn't readily available. Most satellite map images that google and bing provide are stitched together from multiple sources.

Here is a pretty cool 3d view. Check out the red shells.

Google Earth

Last edited:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Check out the differences in the facility on this older Google Maps photo. They've added more paved areas, and more building structure.
1641335772903.png

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That is a bing maps image it appears. Date can be months old but hard to tell since that info isn't readily available. Most satellite map images that google and bing provide are stitched together from multiple sources.

Here is a pretty cool 3d view. Check out the red shells.

Google Earth
What do they use the red shells for? Are they castings for overlaying the hull? Looks like a scrap pile.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No Idea.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What do they use the red shells for? Are they castings for overlaying the hull? Looks like a scrap pile.
I believe the red shells are unpainted fiberglass hulls. Yamaha boats are almost completely built by robots. Painted, and Cut. The dealer I got my 252sd from said that the robots even lay fiberglass. So I think that image was around the time they were messing with some of the cut patterns or painting patterns for better accuracy and different colors? So maybe that is a theory?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those red shells are sacrificial hulls used for testing the manufacturing process. They are only fiberglass and not painted and don't have gelcoat. They will be thrown away after the test, so it's cheaper than having a fully gel coated boat. I believe Yamaha is adding some injection foam into their hulls and injecting into these red liners makes it easy to see where the foam is flowing to and they can adjust their foaming process/formulation.

In a previous life I worked for a company that made polyurethane injection equipment and I did the engineering/start up of a machine for Boston Whaler. When we were doing start up they brought us a bunch of molds that had these red liners in them to do our testing and after we ruined them they would actually take a huge hole saw and drill holes in the hull. I won't tell the whole story, but you should have seen the looks we got from the higher ups the first time we were foaming a huge hull that was fully gel coated hull and production ready and we ruined it. There was only 1 hole where the foam was injected into and once you start to inject the foam you can not stop the process because the foam needs forced into every crevice in one pour and if you stop the foam starts to cure and you can't inject the mold twice.

You can see some of the same looking red hulls here at the Boston Whaler factory.

Google Earth

Here's a video of the machine and process, this machine poured foam at 1000lbs a minute, being a boater it was one of the coolest projects I worked on.

Boston Whaler Factory foaming process - YouTube

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most likely the red shells are boat molds coated with reddish orange tooling gelcoat, Many companies use this color. Yamaha as well as most production boat companies do not "paint" their boats. Whatever color Gelcoat wanted is sprayed in the mold. Then fiberglass is sprayed in via chopper gun already mixed with resin or dry fiberglass mat is laid in and wetted with resin and rolled out. It all depends on the lamination schedule agreed upon between the designer and the manufacturer. When cured it is popped from the mold in whatever color was chosen. Then as in the case of Yamaha tape stripes are added.

Attachments

Last edited: