• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please look on the July4th or May 4th trips. This thread will no longer be updated

What weekend worse best for you

• MemorialDay Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take Friday and Monday off if necessary)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take either Friday OR Monday off if necessary)

• More or less any weekend ( cannot take off from work)

• Not Sure ( will post on the body of the thread on availability )

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Y'all have my attention
not sure what the status is on your ski, but if you are vessel-less, you got a spot on my boat.
@Mainah you on the other hand, I don't thing so! Anywhere within 100 yard radius from you, you make make look unfit for duty. No thanks LOL

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Started reading about the great loop. I have a lot of catching up to do.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One really has to do the loop twice.
The northern part gives the option to take the Erie Canal, which is being touted as an absolute must-do, whereas the 2nd longer option takes through Canada with absolutely fabulous nature.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One really has to do the loop twice.
The northern part gives the option to take the Erie Canal, which is being touted as an absolute must-do, whereas the 2nd longer option takes through Canada with absolutely fabulous nature.
Lake Champlain appears to be on the outer loop. The small piece of Canada it enters is very flat and agricultural. But yes fabulous nature abounds. The beauty is along the shoreline and the hills of both Vermont and the Adirondaks of NY. A lot of things to do in between. That is why so many Canadian boaters call the Lake home in the summer.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling how long do you think it will take to run Chicago to Peoria?
Just starved rock to peoria run we start 7-8ish and end up in Peoria about noon doing 25ish mph and boats bigger than mine usually need to refuel before returning.
From chicago down will take a bit for the locks which is your wild card. Thisriver section here gets lots of barges so any locks should open up quick for them anyways. I can think of 2 locks. I may be missing one. Like i said i do it in secions over the year besides starved rock to peoria.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
not sure what the status is on your ski, but if you are vessel-less, you got a spot on my boat.
@Mainah you on the other hand, I don't thing so! Anywhere within 100 yard radius from you, you make make look unfit for duty. No thanks LOL
This is sounding like a guys trip and you don’t want the guy with a beer tap built into his boat nearby:confused: The logistics are going to be tough between fuel and enough beer for @Betik and @swatski;)

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh no, I'm back in business. Got rid of the ski & back in a boat.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
This is sounding like a guys trip and you don’t want the guy with a beer tap built into his boat nearby:confused: The logistics are going to be tough between fuel and enough beer for @Betik and @swatski;)
How many boats do we need per sector to ensure everyone gets a fair shake at the complete loop ? Or it will be a multi year plan ?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I can easily cover VA and maybe NC / NY depending on the dates. One more question is ...will it be a guys trip or families involved ? That determines the number of boats required for each sector.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 84899
Regal 2100. Figured I'd see what those new Gen 5 Volvo hype is all about.

I almost hate to say, but so far, I'm really liking the sterndrive

Stern drive definitely not a bad thing whatever works best for you where you boat. Awesome looking boat enjoy.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So what's the plan for this trip?
If I want to tow back home on Saturday, I need to make it to St. Louis by Friday night.
Let's say we leave Sunday morning, that means we have 6 days to travel 360 miles, or average 60 miles per day.
I am perfectly OK - actually prefer it - with mostly going hull speed (~7mph) with an occasional speed-up to 30-40mph, but I can imagine that would be torture for most of you in jet boats.
I would just hate to be halfway by Monday noon. It is about the journey after all.
Thoughts?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Which leg of the trip is this @Berrie ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many boats do we need per sector to ensure everyone gets a fair shake at the complete loop ? Or it will be a multi year plan ?
For me it’s a multi year plan.

So what's the plan for this trip?
If I want to tow back home on Saturday, I need to make it to St. Louis by Friday night.
Let's say we leave Sunday morning, that means we have 6 days to travel 360 miles, or average 60 miles per day.
I am perfectly OK - actually prefer it - with mostly going hull speed (~7mph) with an occasional speed-up to 30-40mph, but I can imagine that would be torture for most of you in jet boats.
I would just hate to be halfway by Monday noon. It is about the journey after all.
Thoughts?
6 days on the water to cover 360 miles is to much comitment for me to do that distance. I will likely still plan a launch with you guys if it pulls together but I will plan to cover that distance in 2 days. If anyone decides to join but would rather move a little faster they would be welcome to run with me as well.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I just asked my wife today and sounds like she would be willing to drop me somewhere like starved rock or peoria and then meet me in st louis if i give her a little time to visit the place.
I would not be doing any overnights on my boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.