• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just before another cold snap! Looks like a high of 13 for next week depending on what u look at.
High of zero here tomorrow, wind chills in the -20s too... I'm still predicting an early ice out, have to think positive! :confused:

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saturday afternoon my daughter made her first tandem parachute jump! This has been on my bucket list for a long time. After seeing her do it I am going to move it up towards the top of the list. She loved it!

K50_2651.jpg K50_2747.jpg K50_2779.jpg

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I took a USPS (US Power Squadron) seminar on "Emergencies on Board" yesterday. One of the things covered was fires on board so, since we were at the fire station, we were given a chance to practice. It looks pretty simple but if you aim the fire extinguisher at the center of a gasoline fire, instead of at the base of the fire, like one guy did, the fire extinguisher will push the flames around you.

USPS has a lot of great seminars plus just being a member saved me about $100 on my boat insurance.

Fire extinguisher demo USPS seminar2.jpg

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Saturday afternoon my daughter made her first tandem parachute jump! This has been on my bucket list for a long time. After seeing her do it I am going to move it up towards the top of the list. She loved it!
Good for her!!!! There is no way in <fill in your favorite expletive> you would get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!!!!! I don't like climbing ladders....

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You have to do it, its tons of fun. I did it on my 50th birthday and will do it again some day.
Almost did the same for my 50th. Wish I had. Have done just about everything you can do concerning airplanes except jump out of one! :cool:

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good for her!!!! There is no way in <fill in your favorite expletive> you would get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!!!!! I don't like climbing ladders....
@Julian you never know! My daughter is not exactly fond of heights, but she had no problem doing this and loved it. Should have seen her afterwards, she had such a high adrenaline rush I thought she was going to explode.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg I spent a good part of the weekend driving my son around so here is what I saw a lot of, the heads up display in my new used Corvette convertible. I still can't believe I own this car and it has a HUD! It's like a dream come true.

image.jpg

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
87 is way over the speed limit on the freeway I was on so posting it instead of the 63 mph pic (which was blurry ) is an admission of guilt for speeding, oh well. I took pics to show the HUD display but only got up over the speed limit to show my son the acceleration/passing capabilities of the Vette. Most of the time I was in or next to the slow lane getting passed by just about everything including a Seadoo and several other boats in tow. That's the kind of driver I am, usually not in a rush, just include commute time into the plan whenever appropriate.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Incidentally the access sticker on the side is issued by the ca dmv. It lets you drive in the car pool lane even if you are driving alone. Only a limited number are issued and there is a fee for it. Otherwise if you are caught driving in that lane without a sticker or the right number of people in the car it's about a $400 ticket. The sticker expires but while it's valid it increases the value of the car it is on, by a lot I'm told.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks like a good time waiting to happen and the kids don't even have to leave the property.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been at dmv since before noon. No appointment since i didn't realize aaa could not handle my transaction. If the pic is blurry I'm b099 they are on b084, when I walked I they were at b036. Hopefully they call me before they close. What a terrible waste of a day off. I took it off unexpectedly when aaa gave me the bad news this morning. My fault for not wanting to deal with the formal transfer of title later. I wish I could have paid / tipped to get to the front of the line but I still see people here that were here before me plus it may be interpreted as a bribe.
image.jpg

Last edited: