• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I walk up to my truck and trailer so I can pull my boat out of the river to head home I see this. I left them a kind message about blocking me in, the head back to the docks to find anyone sober enough to help me slid my trailer about a foot over. What can't be seen in the picture is another trailer to the left and a tree keeping me from backing up.

View attachment 58864
That sucks! I gotta say, if I was parked straight and they violated the parking lines.... I would have tried my best to jockey it out but would not have felt bad to drag my trailer across their front end. Most likely I would have disconnected the trailer and pushed it out by hand all the while cursing the idiot who would park like that!!

Oh yeah.... had to be a chick to park like that!

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_2142.JPG

Helping @Bruce prepare the boat for Bimini crossing 2017. I have been requested to climb in tiny spaces to install rod holders, run drainage, and upgrade the sound system. It is fun being able to assist with maintainence. We love this boat... sometimes we think, should we buy something newer... then we ponder all the work we have put into to making her comfy for our family. Here's to a safe crossing this year!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This was from Tuesday. Not sure what was up, but there was an infestation of sharks in the Gulf of Mexico in Destin. We anchored up and they continuously swam around us the whole time we were there. Usually, the sharks will move through here and head back to deeper water, but not Tuesday. And I did get in to snorkel, but was a little paranoid, so I didn't stay in long.

Shark half screen 07_04_2017.jpg Jumping in 07_04_2017.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850 , what kind of sharks are they? If that large mass behind you is a shark you must really love snorkeling.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Left the house with blue skies...

image.jpeg

Drove an hour to the lake and got to spend maybe 30 minutes in the water before a nasty summer storm decided to build right on top of us killing the day short. It never let up. Boat had like 5 gallons in the bilge I think and more in the ski locker lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ToddW850 , what kind of sharks are they? If that large mass behind you is a shark you must really love snorkeling.
@Ronnie the shark in the photo I believe is a bull shark. They don't play. But most of the others we saw were Spinner Sharks. Saw 3 different ones breaching the water and spinning. And I think the large mass you see behind me is my boat haha. I didn't stay in the water long. Was too paranoid.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may have been on my cell phone when I first saw the pic but see what I think is a stern light I the water with the black parts of the boat pump, initially it looked to me like a shark swimming towards you.
I salute you buddy, I would not have gotten in the water at all.
They all look Dangerous to me.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm no shark professional but with that tall tail fin, light colored underbelly and pointed nose I'm leaning towards a spinner shark.

We have quite a few of those near my platform. Pretty kewl watching those guys breach.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm no shark professional but with that tall tail fin, light colored underbelly and pointed nose I'm leaning towards a spinner shark.

We have quite a few of those near my platform. Pretty kewl watching those guys breach.
Yeah Spinner Sharks are a sight to see when they breach. We have a lot outside the East Pass. But Spinner Sharks have black tips and I didn't see any black tips on this one, that's why I was leaning toward a Bull Shark.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Today at the Blue Angels in Pensacola Beach.

Blue Angels Overhead III.jpg Blue Angels Storm.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah Spinner Sharks are a sight to see when they breach. We have a lot outside the East Pass. But Spinner Sharks have black tips and I didn't see any black tips on this one, that's why I was leaning toward a Bull Shark.
Either way...... Shark = teeth = My ass stays out of the water! Haha

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1st and 2nd gen AR192's chillin'

1stand2ndgen192.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
oh-oh @haknslash - Looks like some dark clouds behind you! (rotfl)

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
There's a bar on our lake that has helecopter rides. First time doing it today. It's a 5-6 minute ride, and very cool. Great view of our lakes from up in the air.

IMG_1284.JPG IMG_1287.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BOAT1.jpg

Gotta love it when you find some glass to carve on!

boat3.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Messing around with the drone on the lake today.Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 10.20.53 PM.png

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian