• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This sign is one of many posted at the boat ramp serving Discovery Park in Sacramento, California. This seemed to be the boat party spot when I visited. As in the rage on the river flotilla is based here, or was.

B439D953-06FC-44D6-8654-14872EBD6B42.jpeg

They forgot to state, “HAVE FUN!”

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that but I don’t know when the price of a Big Mac meal broke $9. You live in Washington. What does a Big Mac meal cost there?
Definitely less that $9, just checked any it is $7.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Definitely less that $9, just checked any it is $7.
So a $2 premium for CA, not too bad I guess. Looks like the same price as NY and HI. It’s been a while since I’ve ordered a Big Mac meal, I thought they were still around $5, now that’s the cost of just the sandwich.

Attachments

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Soaking up the last of the sunshine here in the Pacific Northwest. 1266E933-A2B6-4D46-BD3D-A537E121CEF6.jpeg

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got a little early season Goose in since the weather & temps weren't cooperating for a boat day!

20190907_095516.jpg

20190907_103727.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Enjoying the river
IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

... it is getting low again...
IMG_1280.JPG

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that 3rd pic the inlet to the marina? Looks like you have to keep the speed up to get in.
Yep. And it gets worse, another 2ft lower - believe it or not, before it stops some of us there from going out.

--

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like 205 in the background
Yeah that’s the 205 bridge on the south side of government island. It’s a little inlet that another member showed my last year so the kids can play in the water without fear of the current.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finished the S.S. hot water heater refit today. I got rid of the black iron and galv. fittings that a P.O. had installed on the water system on the Beneteau. It was difficult to gain access to the anode in the 12 gal. heater, but if you take enough stuff apart you can get at it. Raritan, the manufacturor says to check the anode condition yearly. How long do you think this one had gone unchecked. Glad I did, not much left of this one.

View attachment 104572

That is probably why the heating element looked like this. No, it did not work, but it does now with all the new parts installed.

View attachment 104573

I can check that off the list that is getting shorter.
Just remember if you turn the electricity on to that without any water in it in about 10 seconds it will fry.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 911 Flight 93 Memorial in Union City, CA. I counted 39 memorial stones on the way in but read that there were 40 victims at the end of the memorial. On the way out I sadly realized that one of the stones represents two victims, a woman and her unborn child.

I am very well educated by many standards but sometimes I can’t find the words to express how i feel, this is one of those times.

80463D80-FF8E-4759-95C6-6784FC46D89E.jpeg

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought myself a little something this past Sunday. "Ruger Day" (10/22) came early this year.

View attachment 100070

View attachment 100071

I had purchased a super-cheapo scope for my kid's pellet gun a while back. (It was around $25 on Amazon if I recall correctly.) I slapped it on just to see if it would still fit in the case. It did (barely).

View attachment 100073

View attachment 100074

I may decide to put a quality optic on it, but I'm not hunting or competing. If the el-cheapo scope can manage to hold zero for a day out in the back-40 at the In-Laws shooting at bottles and cans, that's good enough for me right now. I'll spend the extra money on ammo. If nothing else, I might look for a decent peep-site and ditch the glass altogether.

If anyone else is considering a 10/22 Takedown you're probably watching YouTube vids. In those vids, they show a different version of the case. The original case had two external compartments, molly webbing, and a HUGE red Ruger logo. This was one of the few complaints: It's not wise to "advertise" that you have a firearm with you in some places. ("You're scaring the stiffs." - Plus theft is a concern as well.)

The new case is designed to be very gray-man. It has a small black-on-black Ruger logo-patch that is attached with Velcro. Peel it off and the thing could be anything from a tennis racket case to a diaper bag.

The interior is completely customize-able. Every strap, pocket, and bolster you see in the photo is attached to the bottom of the case with Velcro.

Also, the top folds open to give you a nice clean place to lay your rifle if you're out in the aforementioned back-40.

I haven't had a chance to shoot the thing yet (been at work a lot since my abbreviated vacation) but I'm looking forward to running some ammo through it.
Any updates on this? Does it stay zeroed? We have been looking for a 22 for awhile, looked at a couple of those, impressive design, get really expensive around here once you add that neat foldable/storage (magpul?) stock, barrel etc.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't get to shoot it as much as I would have liked. (I was too busy being Range Master to a group of 3 young men and developing relationships with my two carry guns.) Like any firearm, you've got to get to know it and I didn't feel I 100% hit that point over the week.

That said, the longest range we had was only about 120 ft, and as far as we were concerned, it held zero. The important thing (I think) is to make sure the knurled knob for tension is adjusted properly. Once you have that set good and snug, she seems to be fine through disassembly and reassembly.

Of course, the next thing I need to spring for is a real scope. That will be the true test of how well she holds zero. As expected, the el-cheapo was removed rather quickly and we just used iron sights. I might stick that thing on the Boy's pellet gun.

About magazines: I purchased a two-pack of Ruger 25 round magazines. I had heard that the off-brand ones had some jamming issues so I went with Ruger. In spite of that, we did have more jamming than I felt we should have. Granted, it seemed to be more prevalent when I let "The Boy" do a couple of mag dumps but it DID jam a few times with bulk ammo that runs perfectly fine in my (sometimes finicky) Mark II pistol.

The factory-supplied 10 round rotary magazine experience zero failures (I was pretty much the only one using it) and to be honest, I liked it better. The 25 round magazine extends down almost a foot below the rifle and it's in an awkward spot for me. I can't really use any of my normal sitting or lying prone positions with that silly thing sticking out of there. (I tend to bring my right hand in and support just forward of the trigger guard with my elbow in my stomach.)

I'd keep the 25 round magazines (if I hadn't lost them overboard in Lake Winnebago while out on the boat) but if I were to do it over, I'd spend my money on the 10 round rotary magazines that are flush with the bottom of the rifle when installed. For me it's a better option.

I plan to get the Magpul x-22 backpacker for it someday. The storage compartments in that stock are better suited for the 10-round rotary magazines.

(In other news, I had much better luck with my LC9S Pro after I got myself sorted out a bit; the SR1911 ran flawlessly this time out; and the newest addition to the pistol fleet (Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carry) has made me a lover of Beretta, Langdon Tactical, and DA/SA guns.)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't get to shoot it as much as I would have liked. (I was too busy being Range Master to a group of 3 young men and developing relationships with my two carry guns.) Like any firearm, you've got to get to know it and I didn't feel I 100% hit that point over the week.

That said, the longest range we had was only about 120 ft, and as far as we were concerned, it held zero. The important thing (I think) is to make sure the knurled knob for tension is adjusted properly. Once you have that set good and snug, she seems to be fine through disassembly and reassembly.

Of course, the next thing I need to spring for is a real scope. That will be the true test of how well she holds zero. As expected, the el-cheapo was removed rather quickly and we just used iron sights. I might stick that thing on the Boy's pellet gun.

About magazines: I purchased a two-pack of Ruger 25 round magazines. I had heard that the off-brand ones had some jamming issues so I went with Ruger. In spite of that, we did have more jamming than I felt we should have. Granted, it seemed to be more prevalent when I let "The Boy" do a couple of mag dumps but it DID jam a few times with bulk ammo that runs perfectly fine in my (sometimes finicky) Mark II pistol.

The factory-supplied 10 round rotary magazine experience zero failures (I was pretty much the only one using it) and to be honest, I liked it better. The 25 round magazine extends down almost a foot below the rifle and it's in an awkward spot for me. I can't really use any of my normal sitting or lying prone positions with that silly thing sticking out of there. (I tend to bring my right hand in and support just forward of the trigger guard with my elbow in my stomach.)

I'd keep the 25 round magazines (if I hadn't lost them overboard in Lake Winnebago while out on the boat) but if I were to do it over, I'd spend my money on the 10 round rotary magazines that are flush with the bottom of the rifle when installed. For me it's a better option.

I plan to get the Magpul x-22 backpacker for it someday. The storage compartments in that stock are better suited for the 10-round rotary magazines.

(In other news, I had much better luck with my LC9S Pro after I got myself sorted out a bit; the SR1911 ran flawlessly this time out; and the newest addition to the pistol fleet (Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carry) has made me a lover of Beretta, Langdon Tactical, and DA/SA guns.)
That's a very helpful review. We have been looking for a while and found our local Cabelas carries a couple of those with prefect custom configurations but... they push $1k all included. IDK, still thinking about it, it's a crazy price for a 22 rifle, may be worth it though as a once-ever purchase, seems everyone is happy with those Takedowns.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got pretty close to walking all the way to Jaffa last night! This port city has a long history! Pharaohs conquered it, the crusades took it and so much more! Pretty amazing to think how long it's been there!!!

20190911_222503.jpg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a very helpful review. We have been looking for a while and found our local Cabelas carries a couple of those with prefect custom configurations but... they push $1k all included. IDK, still thinking about it, it's a crazy price for a 22 rifle, may be worth it though as a once-ever purchase, seems everyone is happy with those Takedowns.

--
One thing about a 10/22 is that you can always purchase a "base" and build up your own custom setup over time.

Check out Volquartsen Firearms Official Site for upgraded bolts, trigger groups, and barrels for the 10/22 takedown.

Or you can purchase one of their full-blown custom units that are double the price of what you saw at Cabelas. :eek:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 911 Flight 93 Memorial in Union City, CA. I counted 39 memorial stones on the way in but read that there were 40 victims at the end of the memorial. On the way out I sadly realized that one of the stones represents two victims, a woman and her unborn child.

I am very well educated by many standards but sometimes I can’t find the words to express how i feel, this is one of those times.
I live just over an hour from the Flight 93 memorial here in PA, but never visited until this past summer. What an emotional experience. The walkway to an overlook where you can view the crash site from a distance follows the flightpath of Flight 93. In the distance they put a large boulder marking the impact area. The memorial center has a items recovered from the crash site. There were letters left by people in the days following the crash, some of them really got to me. In the memorial center it was very quite, no one talking, only quietly looking at the displays and no one taking pictures. You can go down to the crash site, but aren't allowed near the boulder marking the impact, only family members of the passengers and crew are allowed in that area. They have a wall that outlines the debris field, which I found to be pretty small. You can still see the area carved out of the trees that were burnt after the crash. The National Park Service has done a nice job creating this memorial and they are still adding to it.

If anyone is in the area, I would suggest a visit.

Here's a link to the memorial website. Flight 93 National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Finally' Yes! Even with a rainbow...
IMG_0769.JPG