• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Made it to Gatorland today with the kids. I skipped zip lining this time as I already did it twice but the kids did it. Saw some pretty big water lizards. Have to say I HATE Orlando in the winter…
IMG_4833.jpegIMG_4834.jpegIMG_4842.jpegIMG_4845.jpegIMG_4846.jpegIMG_4847.jpegIMG_4849.jpegIMG_4848.jpeg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
curious if you tracked your stats with the epic pass gps tracking app? or if you used ski tracks? i saw a pic or two last year from ski tracks app. i can't tell if the epic app shows speed?
Ski tracks. It shows and tracks a lot more than Epic. But I think Epic still runs somehow in the background because it shows my total vert feet

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hit the Florida Aquarium yesterday with the kids. Tarpon is on my bucket list to catch and they were taunting me.
IMG_4852.jpegIMG_4853.jpegIMG_4854.jpegIMG_4855.jpegIMG_4856.jpegIMG_4858.jpegIMG_4857.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty good luck spotting some eagles on Onondaga Lake this afternoon. Should get some better shots if the sun ever comes out. And eventually most of the lake will freeze over, and the eagles will fish in the limited open water at the south end of the lake near a great lookout point.

1704241603073.jpeg

1704241615516.jpeg

1704241624129.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Coult45, I truely enjoy seeing your pictures of bald eagles. They really are majestic birds of prey. I sometimes forget, however, that they are also scavenger. Saw a pair myself the other day while out drIrving and they were chowing down on a deer carcass in a field. The same carcass I saw some vultures feeding on the day before.

Jim

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You got that right, @Jim_in_Delaware …and Ben Franklin tried to warn us…

The story about Benjamin Franklin wanting the National Bird to be a turkey is just a myth. This false story began due to a letter Franklin wrote to his daughter criticizing the original eagle design for the Great Seal, saying that it looked more like a turkey. In the letter, Franklin wrote that the “Bald Eagle...is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly…[he] is too lazy to fish for himself.”

About the turkey, Franklin wrote that in comparison to the bald eagle, the turkey is “a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America...He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage.” So, although Benjamin Franklin defended the honor of the turkey against the bald eagle, he did not propose it become one of America’s most important symbols.

They are beautiful, though. Great photography subjects. And patient. They’ll wait for someone else to do the hard work, then move in to take what they can. Here are a couple of cool pics I’ve taken that demonstrate that, although I’ve probably posted both before. To be fair, they’re great fishermen when they feel like it.

Out on the ice last February…

1704282126362.jpeg

And on a nearby lake a few years ago…

1704282183314.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You got that right, @Jim_in_Delaware …and Ben Franklin tried to warn us…

The story about Benjamin Franklin wanting the National Bird to be a turkey is just a myth. This false story began due to a letter Franklin wrote to his daughter criticizing the original eagle design for the Great Seal, saying that it looked more like a turkey. In the letter, Franklin wrote that the “Bald Eagle...is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly…[he] is too lazy to fish for himself.”

About the turkey, Franklin wrote that in comparison to the bald eagle, the turkey is “a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America...He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage.” So, although Benjamin Franklin defended the honor of the turkey against the bald eagle, he did not propose it become one of America’s most important symbols.

They are beautiful, though. Great photography subjects. And patient. They’ll wait for someone else to do the hard work, then move in to take what they can. Here are a couple of cool pics I’ve taken that demonstrate that, although I’ve probably posted both before. To be fair, they’re great fishermen when they feel like it.

Out on the ice last February…

View attachment 213351

And on a nearby lake a few years ago…

View attachment 213352
Great pictures as always! Interesting clarification about Ben Franklins views on these two birds!

I watched a bald Eagle sit atop a very tall dead tree next to the lake watching an Osprey as it flew back and forth over the lake hunting for fish, once Osprey had caught a fish the bald Eagle dove off of its perch and harangued the Osprey until it dropped the fish then the bald Eagle swooped down and grabbed the fish… reminds me of certain people and governmental confiscatory taxation policies that prey on the fruits of others peoples labor and pick at the dead carcasses of past contributors.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Took the big chainsaw, a Husky 575XP w/ 24" bar, for a walk in the woods yesterday to cut deadfalls off the mains, laying on the ground from the last storm, before they get burried and frozen to the ground. You can see the main down, at the top of ridge, above the saw.

45E0D5A0-EACB-46B2-83DF-35FEF0AA10D0.jpeg

A dead butternut tree
5E48AF6B-876C-49DC-BBFA-4CF8DDE96520.jpeg

A pretty decent buck rubbed here.
6456B084-F80B-4035-A491-18882FFA9B78.jpeg

I took out the bridge that the squirrel and coyote were using to get over a wet area.
5422A192-75DC-4BEC-9170-91BDA09EA9E7.jpeg
Anyway, just trying to get my lines up before they get burried.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length