• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stand up...or...sit down? <POLL>

How do you drive your boat?

• Standing at the helm

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • Sitting at the helm

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Sitting on the booster at the helm

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious, do you spend more time sitting down in the seat, up on the seat riser or standing up while piloting?

We probably spend half our time in no wake mode putzing about so I stand a lot and when we are boarding/tubing I am sitting on the riser...so rarely am I sitting behind the windshield.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i aint tall, like 5'8.....always stand at speed or watersports...sit on the riser in no wake zones

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I sit on the seat 70% of the time, sitting on the booster starts hurting my a$$ after awhile. 🙄

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I stand or sit on riser in crowded areas/shallow water/docking. Otherwise I’m on the seat and behind the windshield if we’re just cruising somewhere in open water.

So not sure how to answer survey. Probably ends up 60/40 in some kind of elevated position.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is an interesting thread. It's one of the things I mulling over as I consider my next boat, to get a fishing boat with a leaning post or a boat with captains chairs. 🤷‍♂️

Jim

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Thankfully I’m tall enough that I can sit on the seat and still see ahead of me. I only stand if somebody is sitting in the bow blocking my view.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ever since putting in my adjustable seat post, I sit all the time, and love that my eyes are above the windshield while having the full back rest.

Honestly, I only drop my seat back down when we stop, and I feel the need to be closer to my people. HA! The throne can be intimidating for them.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did the taller pedestal mod, and love it now that I removed the bolster. It was in the way with the taller seat. Now I usually do a standing lean on the seat, similar to what I did with the original seat when the bolster was up. I think a lot of people will have different answers, depending on their height, seat height, and windshield height. What I do with my boat isn't necessarily what I'd do in the next boat.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I very rarely rarely sit if underway... almost always standing at flank speed or setting on the flipped up bolster cruising... visibility to traffic and water conditions (depth) is way better standing up..