• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Those of you that bought year old but new boat

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi guys, a local dealer has several 2016 24 footers left on the lot and they vary in discounts from 6-8K. However on the postings on their website it says this:

Clearance time! Huge discount on in-stock non-current Yamaha boats while stock lasts!. Sale price is on in-stock boats only and includes all rebates, incentives and does not qualify for warranty and finance program. Own this model for 10% down only $378 per month with approved credit!

Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to get the 2.99% for first 60 months offer? Or since its a 2016 24 footer the 5 years warranty? Are these two offers even combinable?

Thanks!

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi guys, a local dealer has several 2016 24 footers left on the lot and they vary in discounts from 6-8K. However on the postings on their website it says this:

Clearance time! Huge discount on in-stock non-current Yamaha boats while stock lasts!. Sale price is on in-stock boats only and includes all rebates, incentives and does not qualify for warranty and finance program. Own this model for 10% down only $378 per month with approved credit!

Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to get the 2.99% for first 60 months offer? Or since its a 2016 24 footer the 5 years warranty? Are these two offers even combinable?

Thanks!
If they are quoting a price it probably includes the 2k rebate so that is why they say it's not eligible for the 5 yr warranty. As far as financing that is not true the 2016 boats are eligible for all the financing programs through synchrony bank. I would really challenge the dealer on that.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought my '09 brand new in August of 2010. I got the 2.99% financing and factory warranty. (I extended it by an additional two years.)

If they are saying you can't get Yamaha financing because it's a year old, I smell a rat. The boat might have been titled to someone. That's the only thing that would prevent it.

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So technically I should be able to get that boat with the 2.99% financing and that price or not get the 2k rebate and get the 5 year warranty?

In your experience is the 5 year warranty worth the 2k? Considering these boats are so good and with the proper maintenance?

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't want the liability of answering that question. It's your money, it's your gamble. I didn't buy the warranty myself.

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So technically I should be able to get that boat with the 2.99% financing and that price or not get the 2k rebate and get the 5 year warranty?

In your experience is the 5 year warranty worth the 2k? Considering these boats are so good and with the proper maintenance?
I took the 2k rebate - I am going to see what problems I have during the 1st year. You can buy it at anytime during the 1st year - if I have a lot of issues I will probably buy it next year.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Also be aware that some have posted here that although they had good credit, apparently the lowest rates are only for those with great/amazing credit scores.....(not sure what that means in terms of a number)

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also be aware that some have posted here that although they had good credit, apparently the lowest rates are only for those with great/amazing credit scores.....(not sure what that means in terms of a number)
I read somewhere that for the 2.99% you need at least a 750. I'm a little bit north of that so hopefully that was true!

What is your take @Julian on the 2k rebate or 5 year warranty?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I read somewhere that for the 2.99% you need at least a 750. I'm a little bit north of that so hopefully that was true!

What is your take @Julian on the 2k rebate or 5 year warranty?
I bought the extended warranty during the first year....I like he peace of mind it gives me....I hope I don't have to use it!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@n33d45p33d I'll second @Julian. 2k is not a bad deal for 5yrs, it is actually great, I believe the regular price of extended YES warranty when purchasing new is $800 a year. Especially if you are thinking of financing, I would get the longest warranty that makes sense. Mine was a cash deal but we still purchased additional 2years on top of 2year from factory (at $800/year, I think). I hope we'll never need it.

--

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One other thought on the warranty: How much of a do-it-yourselfer are you? I'm the type that does 99% of my own work and really doesn't trust anyone else to work on my stuff. (Calling in a guy to re-do my chimney last year almost killed me.) If something breaks, I fix it myself - especially on my boat.

Not to mention the fact that - unless it's beyond my skill - I can probably get it done quicker myself in a few weekends than have it sit at a dealer for months on end "waiting for parts" as we so often hear.

That said, keep in mind that my '09 has none of the fancy new features that some of the new boats have so it is VERY DIY friendly. It is also the last of the long tried and tested MR-1 models so I really have very little to worry about mechanically.

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah I figured the 2k for 5 years is a good deal. I'm very DIY, however this is going to be my first boat, so I don't have too much experience with boats.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I figured the 2k for 5 years is a good deal. I'm very DIY, however this is going to be my first boat, so I don't have too much experience with boats.
My first warranty claim was a seat cushion - with discolored vinyl, swapped before I picked the boat up. That's the kind of stuff that is not really DIY, and it does happen. There have been some reports of gel coat issues - spider cracks or bulkheads pushing the hull and causing some stress cracks - albeit rare, but a warranty is great to have in dealing with that kind of thing.

--

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty fully DIY, too. And bought my first boat 5 years ago (yes, the same Yamaha). And had the same concerns. And wound up getting the YES.

Never used it.

That is not to say that you should or you shouldn't, necessarily. I got it (at the wife's insistence) because that is a rather large chunk of change to drop on something. If something goes wrong, I knew nothing about boats. Or rather, I thought I didn't, before I found this site and started seeing how mechanically simple these things really are. Usually (some have had oil cooler problems in earlier years; some have had timing chain issues for a spot of production--pretty major things). You may wind up getting it for peace of mind. That would not be a wrong decision. But you will be amazed at how much you will be able to and want to do yourself (so it is done right).

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For whats its worth, I got my 2015 last January. I got it for 55k (no tax) out the door, 4 year YES, 2.99% for 5 years. Other than the basic dealer prep to get it running, they didnt throw anything in, but they towed it 700 miles to my house for free.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In general anything over 750 is considered excellent credit. Mine is more than that, but don't know what was technically required.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMO consumer loan product interest rates ( aka pricing) usually has tiers based upon a minimum fico for each tier and multiple other credit worthiness factors. Banks use pricing as part of the way they offset their risk.

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Mainah

Yup agreed.

I just reached out to the dealer so let's see what they say about my original concern about not getting 5 year warranty and the 2.99% let's see how creative they get!