• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing with Tesla Model X

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The new Ford looks good inside and out, and they're definitely targeting the Model Y audience. The efficiency is significantly behind the Tesla Y requiring a 98.8 kWh battery to match Tesla's range using just a 70 kWh battery. It's still early and maybe those numbers will change. Hope so. It's good to see automakers jumping in with EV options and I hope Ford succeeds. Given the 45% larger battery I'm curious to know if they can turn a profit on it. The rule of thumb at current battery pack pricing is $190 per kWh, so the larger pack adds about $5,500 in cost over the Tesla Y.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's great to see options. But I just don't see how other car manufacturers can compete with the supercharging network.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After watching that video of the Tesla X pulling the big boat it’s clear to me the supercharging network is not ideal for most people. At least not yet. The Asian guy as geeked out as he was you could tell the micromanagement of charger hopping and waiting at each station is kind annoying unless you’re all but the most patient person. For me sitting there for over 30 minutes just isn’t ideal or sound like fun. Sure it would be ok for the first few times but long term thinking of sitting at gas or charging stations for hours each month doesn’t sound like a good time.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ford just ruined the Mustang name, they should have came up with an original name for this vehicle. It looks nothing like a Mustang.

This is the only way to electrify a Mustang.

Zombie 222

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ford just ruined the Mustang name,
They ruined the mustang name years ago with the Mustang 2. LOL. Ford cares about the Mustang name just as much as Chevy cares about the Blazer name, which is to say not at all.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Idk I think the S550 is a nice Mustang. I prefer it over the Camaro by far. Of course not everyone likes them but that’s what makes choices great.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's great to see options. But I just don't see how other car manufacturers can compete with the supercharging network.
They could easily compete with a supercharger network they have Ford dealers in just about every town in the whole country. They are also approved vendors for most city and country government agencies they will probably outsell Tesla in electric vehicles with anything even if it’s only half as good as a Tesla.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Today's the DAY Tesla unveils the CYBRTRK!! Anyone excited? Who wants one and how many? Can't wait....

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll find out tonight. Shame we have to wait all day. Comes on at 7pm Pacific time!!!
8pm Pacific, but these events typically start later than announced time.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
8pm Pacific, but these events typically start later than announced time.
Damn, 11pm here on East Coast. Guess I’ll check it out tomorrow.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Link is live

Cybertruck Unveil | Tesla

*edit*

Watching now.........Anyone else?......OMG he can't be serious, I'm waiting for the punchline. This can't be right can it. he's not winning ANYONE with that design.

Last edited:

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Puke. Love the specs, hate the look.

500+ miles, 14k pound towing, 2.9secs 0-60.

Production "late 2021. 2022 for tri-motor."

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lmao I staid up for this? Is it April 1st or am I missing something??

387822B2-7A71-4341-A220-648D642EA41A.jpeg