• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Urgent Help- 2022 jet pump removal

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Got a stick caught
checked threads on removal, different for 2019+ over -2018
-2018 just four bolts and two parts come off
2019+ has four bolt (blue in photo) than another four plus a small one (5) (red in photo)
there was questioning whether the just the four + small could be remove only to do the job
I’m at that point why do more than needed

45961F7D-EF7C-4EDA-A9C7-9ECD04BB7C88.jpeg

My guess is it depends on where your stick is stuck at. The red bolts would pull the entire pump (Impeller and shaft), vs the blue bolts would only remove the steering/bucket assembly.

What do I need to reseal this, it had a gray sort-of-silicon?

Attachments

• 5CB1C09A-E992-4B48-8E8F-DD28F50BF7F7.jpeg
    5CB1C09A-E992-4B48-8E8F-DD28F50BF7F7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
Just use regular silicone… a very thin skin is all that’s needed, put some antisieze on the bolts.

Specified sealant

Specified

Specified grease for the splines

Have you tried laying on your back and reaching up into the impellers through the intake grates with something like this?
I had a stick wedged in one of my impellers and couldn't get it out through the clean out ports so I loaded the boat on the trailer and reached in with this and was able to pry it lose.
They have longer ones as well.

Go EZ on the silicone at this point. You will be re-installing the Reduction Nozzle to the Pump Stator and any spooge that squeezes out into the water flow will create cavitation. You might even consider putting the pieces back together dry which is what I've been doing for years on PWC's. It helps speed up removals since you are not fighting silicone and if you use silicone, you will always have to go in a razor cut all the previous silicone away on both pieces to ensure that the new silicone does squeeze out into the flow.

Got it done and running , took it out for a bit then got it on my boat lift. Now I know what to do, hopefully I never have to do it again

nasty little pine cone

Attachments

• 5E04339D-26B3-4877-99B8-B0D6ED09A91F.jpeg
    5E04339D-26B3-4877-99B8-B0D6ED09A91F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 126
  • 9ADEF9CC-A410-4918-AD38-B48E6A6CC2E0.jpeg
    9ADEF9CC-A410-4918-AD38-B48E6A6CC2E0.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 122
  • 1C1CB38E-AA6B-4EEE-B1FD-659A0286CFA4.jpeg
    1C1CB38E-AA6B-4EEE-B1FD-659A0286CFA4.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 123
Got it done and running , took it out for a bit then got it on my boat lift. Now I know what to do, hopefully I never have to do it again

nasty little pine cone

Bravo!

Looks like yours put up a fight!? There was a video years ago of someone using their SUV to pull a pump and when it came off, it broke the back window of the SUV!
I've been around for awhile and I don't remember seeing that.

Gonna have to access the wayback machine to find it. I'm super interested to see that happen.

@Julian , @FSH 210 Sport , @satovod,

What is the "safest" way to pull the pump off? I have all 5 bolts off of mine and it's being stubborn and won't come off. I was thinking a pry/crowbar with a towel over it to get some leverage behind the edges. Is this a bad idea? It's not an easy location to get to.

The 2019+ Jet Pump disassembly is definitely not a 15 min job like some of the earlier pump designs. :)

What is the "safest" way to pull the pump off? I have all 5 bolts off of mine and it's being stubborn and won't come off. I was thinking a pry/crowbar with a towel over it to get some leverage behind the edges. Is this a bad idea? It's not an easy location to get to.

The 2019+ Jet Pump disassembly is definitely not a 15 min job like some of the earlier pump designs. :)

Get the big prybar from harbor freight. I had same issue and that prybar made it a quick job.

I've not had a pump fight back (yet). I did use a large screwdriver on one I took off for a local jetboaters.net member I helped....but it wasn't hard.

For other members reading what was the symptom that lead you to find the stick wedged? I had one about the same size I thought it was sea grass due to some slight cavitation, tried the reverse move then took off. The pisser was flowing fine on both motors then an over heat light came on. This was on my 2005 what I believe was happening is that the stick caused cavitation aerating the water that aerated water does not cool as well this caused one of the sensors to throw a light not hot enough to go into limp mode but did notify me something wasn’t correct. So when the boat was pulled I looked closely and found it. I was curious to know if the newer boats would react the same way.

Got a stick caught
checked threads on removal, different for 2019+ over -2018
-2018 just four bolts and two parts come off
2019+ has four bolt (blue in photo) than another four plus a small one (5) (red in photo)
there was questioning whether the just the four + small could be remove only to do the job
I’m at that point why do more than needed

View attachment 166524
I thought I saw a video that said the ride plate had to lowered on the 2019+ models (or maybe just for the 19' models?). Were you able to remove your jet pump without touching the ride plate?

Back