• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Bimini Trip July 12-18th

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking to cross this morning. Getting I've then headed to Harbour Towne. Weather looking pretty good. If we have any concerns once we get out we'll head back and wait for the group tomorrow.

Have my InReach set up. Will update every 10 minutes.

MapShare website: https://inreach.garmin.com

Password: Yamaha
A little over 2.5 hours, that's pretty fast. Must have had good weather.
Post some pics for us please!

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is REALLY sweet! How much fuel did you end up using? How was the water?
Crossing was much rougher than I anticipated. I need to get better at reading forecasts. We kept the throttle down though and just took the beating. Maintained somewhere between 26 and 34 for the whole trip. Dodged a squall that we initially though was moving away from us but got close to some lightning. Got rained on more than once. Fought some 20-25mph crosswinds and what I felt were 2-3 footers for the last 20 miles. Seaweed was spread throughout the trip, very heavy closer to Florida, and I had to stop multiple times and either reverse move or go under the boat to clear. I'm a rookie at this. Veteran crossers probably would of thought it was not a great trip but not the worst. Either way, we made it unscathed and it's definitely worth it now that we're here.

I only used right at 30 gallons for the crossing. I definitely thought we'd use more based on others experiences. We were loaded a little heavy and it's was not glass smooth by any means but I was very diligent about keeping seaweed out of the pumps as soon as I noticed any significant slow down.

Bimini Cove is out of gas. North Bimini still has some from talking with others. I'm going to go fill in the AM. Brought 10 gallons extra in cans and put it in the boat when we got here. Should have 30ish gallons in the boat so good for a day or two.

No mention of a resort fee or wrist bands was made when I checked in. I didn't want to bring it up. I'm AirBNB, not direct through Sands, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Took cab to customs and immigration at airport. No one else was there but me. Took more time waiting on and riding in cab than it took at airport. Had all forms ready, no hard questions, barely looked at COVID stuff.

Glad we're here. Ride over was rough but don't care now that we're here. Been here 5 hours and already talking about coming back.

See y'all tomorrow! Be safe! I'm in unit 3A.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Give us a report of any and all recent improvements !
The pool was getting very neglected with many loose and missing tiles...

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Infinity pool is open and very nice. Haven't been here before but looks new. Pool by office is not open. Diner/food by infinity pool is supposedly open for breakfast lunch and dinner, but didn't check it out yet, will tomorrow. Haven't really ventured off property yet. Probably will tomorrow. When I checked in they noted both a restaurant and bar that we're open on south island. I'm assuming thirsty turtle.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Infinity pool is open and very nice. Haven't been here before but looks new. Pool by office is not open. Diner/food by infinity pool is supposedly open for breakfast lunch and dinner, but didn't check it out yet, will tomorrow. Haven't really ventured off property yet. Probably will tomorrow. When I checked in they noted both a restaurant and bar that we're open on south island. I'm assuming thirsty turtle.
So you docked at the Sands and taxid to the airport for customs? Why this vs just pulling in to the Game Club to do customs there?

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you docked at the Sands and taxid to the airport for customs? Why this vs just pulling in to the Game Club to do customs there?
I asked my Airbnb renter as well as the contact at Sands marina and both suggested the airport as being the quickest on a Saturday. That's pretty much the only reason. Big Game may very well be faster.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks much rougher this morning than it was forecasted to be. Wind has been blowing pretty good all night here. Any idea if the others left out as planned? Haven't seen anyone yet.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It looks much rougher this morning than it was forecasted to be. Wind has been blowing pretty good all night here. Any idea if the others left out as planned? Haven't seen anyone yet.
I’m here & knocking on your door

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think someone is here. Not sure who. Sitting at Big John's.
Yep, that’s us. This is Derek Miller captain of Wavy Daze. Holy shit was it rough

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I’m here & knocking on your door
Lol you guys are awesome.
I hope all went well! As i work on my boat a bit today and come in to cool off my wife and i are a good bit jealous

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you guys need to post more photos!!!!! Totally wish I was there with you....
Not sure to many went out and adventured today from what I'm hearing from a few it was pretty rough today. @jethrof16 did any other members cross with you or did you go by yourself?

Last edited:

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday was definitely very rough. We went to the north island, just up the channel, to find fuel and scope things out. Just the very short ride from the Sands inlet to the channel was crazy. We came back then explored on foot for the day. Heard numerous discussions on the radio about how rough it was. Much larger and more seaworthy boats than mine were getting pounded.

Today looks much better. I think we're going to check out the Sapona and Honeymoon Harbour.

20200713_065819_HDR.jpg

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I
Lol you guys are awesome.
I hope all went well! As i work on my boat a bit today and come in to cool off my wife and i are a good bit jealous
wouldn’t wish that crossing on anyone. 2 to 3’ seas the whole way. Boat earned her wings for all the air time we logged. She really needs to work on those landings though
So you guys need to post more photos!!!!! Totally wish I was there with you....
So glad I am here but the crossing...oh hell. I deserve some serious medal for that. If only I had a photo of us jumping one of the 6’ plus swells at 30 MPH. It felt epic. When we were getting gas next to Big Game club the attendant said surely we didn’t come today...LOL! There were guys in 35’ center consoles who cancelled their departures.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I

wouldn’t wish that crossing on anyone. 2 to 3’ seas the whole way. Boat earned her wings for all the air time we logged. She really needs to work on those landings though

So glad I am here but the crossing...oh hell. I deserve some serious medal for that. If only I had a photo of us jumping one of the 6’ plus swells at 30 MPH. It felt epic
Did anyone else cross?

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length