• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 new model year? New Engines?

aleestma

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Does anyone have any insight as to when the 275 will be updated? Is there a 285 in the works?

Secondly, does anyone know when the 1.9 engines will be placed into the 275?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone have any insight as to when the 275 will be updated? Is there a 285 in the works?

I think next year for the 1.9’ SVHO’s across the brand.

Go and check out all the dope on the 2024 model year, there’s plenty of info in there about the 1.9’s and their four bladed impellers.

Last edited:

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

What's wrong with the 1.8 SVHO's in the 275 now?

My 275 gets on plane in a hurry.... even with a full load of fuel, gear and passengers. It can run at 50MPH. The acceleration on plane is pretty good.

But it is a big, heavy boat. It eats gas like candy but that shouldn't be a surprise and I didn't buy for great fuel economy.

Personally, I can see no huge gain in performance or fuel economy in the 275 going from the 1.8L to the new 1.9L setup..... and the 1.8L has been fairly bullet-proof. The 275 is a great floorplan and a fun boat as it is so I'm not sure the 1.9L will bring much new to the table..... but maybe an impeller change can help but that can be done with the 1.8L.

Now if you start talking about dropping something like twin V6's in it and 600 total HP..... and maybe going to 29' length... that might be a different story.

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I think next year for the 1.9’ SVHO’s across the brand.

Go and check out all the dope on the 2024 model year, there’s plenty of info in there about the 1.9’s and their four bladed impellers.

Would like to see a 225s.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What's wrong with the 1.8 SVHO's in the 275 now?

My 275 gets on plane in a hurry.... even with a full load of fuel, gear and passengers. It can run at 50MPH. The acceleration on plane is pretty good.

But it is a big, heavy boat. It eats gas like candy but that shouldn't be a surprise and I didn't buy for great fuel economy.

Personally, I can see no huge gain in performance or fuel economy in the 275 going from the 1.8L to the new 1.9L setup..... and the 1.8L has been fairly bullet-proof. The 275 is a great floorplan and a fun boat as it is so I'm not sure the 1.9L will bring much new to the table..... but maybe an impeller change can help but that can be done with the 1.8L.

Now if you start talking about dropping something like twin V6's in it and 600 total HP..... and maybe going to 29' length... that might be a different story.
The impeller could bring less noise and vibration…

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
The impeller could bring less noise and vibration…
I don’t feel any vibration to speak of in my 275. Maybe it would help with the noise…. but when you’re turning 6500 - 7500 RPM’s more often than not, it would be interesting to see how much quieter it would actually make the vessel.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t feel any vibration to speak of in my 275. Maybe it would help with the noise…. but when you’re turning 6500 - 7500 RPM’s more often than not, it would be interesting to see how much quieter it would actually make the vessel.
Well, I can tell you that when I was testing impellers when I put the Skat Traks in it halved the perceived noise, and, a lot of vibration that I hadn’t noticed before was gone. It was a bit of a night and day difference.

I had those Skats reworked just recently and I’ll be testing them as soon as I can which could be a while since winter is closing in.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well, I can tell you that when I was testing impellers when I put the Skat Traks in it halved the perceived noise, and, a lot of vibration that I hadn’t noticed before was gone. It was a bit of a night and day difference.

I had those Skats reworked just recently and I’ll be testing them as soon as I can which could be a while since winter is closing in.
Interesting…. at those high RPM’s it is surprising that noise could be cut that much. Pretty cool you can experiment and do some comparisons.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

We do get invited to preview and review new models ahead of their release, but that is typically in August at the dealer meeting.

That said, the 275 was originally announced in January in Miami, so you never know when they might throw a curve ball.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry, I don't understand your comment.
Originated from the movie "A Christmas Story" the context around a bb gun being too dangerous, you will hurt yourself.

Very appropriate and timely around this time of year. You can't have that new powerful boat, as you may hurt yourself.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yea, I'm kinda disappointed in the new line up myself. From the reviews the new 1.9l engine has less vibration and noise levels are also much lower. The one thing I can complain about on my 242 is the engine noise... it sucks. I was actually thinking of upgrading to the 255 this spring, after I go to the boat show here in ATL, but I'll probably hold off for at least another year till they get the 1.9l engine on that line of boats.

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it seems that Yamaha releases a new body style at least every 5 years. Looking at the 2010-2014 AR240. Then the next gen 2015-2020 AR240 to the 2021-current AR250. Since the 275 came out in 2019, I’m hoping they release a newer version for 2025 equipped with the 1.9super charged engines and edge to edge seating. That would make sense since it’s been the flagship that preceded the 25’ release that I’m guessing will get updated in 2026. I really hope that as Yamaha boats continue to mature, they start allowing options like Regal does with custom colors and engine upgrades.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So a 160mm pump with the 1.8 shvo.
Does the new 1.9 come with a bigger pump?
Horsepower, torque curve, 1.8 shvo vs. the new 1.9....

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So a 160mm pump with the 1.8 shvo.
Does the new 1.9 come with a bigger pump?
Horsepower, torque curve, 1.8 shvo vs. the new 1.9....
The 1.9L comes with a 155mm pump per the brochure. Then again it also lists a 3-blade impeller not 4.......kinda like the color rendering we won't know until someone takes delivery and gets their hands on it and can confirm.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Variable "Geometry" impeller would be nice.
That sounds complex and complexity often brings cost and reliability issues along for the ride.

I am curious, however, do you have something specific in mind? Optimum hole shot PLUS optimum top speed would be awesome. Also would be attractive to those that would like to boat at several different elevations.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can't be that tough, you already have shaft to run wires through and a cone for other stuff.
Slip ring incorporated into the intermediate bearing, pressure plate, bearing pieces and a tiny electric motor.