• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok well I guess we will be switching from La Toc. I'm glad I found this out before we went. Has anyone stayed at Emerald Bay in Great Exuma? Pros and cons please.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok well I guess we will be switching from La Toc. I'm glad I found this out before we went. Has anyone stayed at Emerald Bay in Great Exuma? Pros and cons please.
I suggest you start a new thread with that title...more people will see it that way, so you'll have a better chance of finding someone who has info on it. I've not been there.....but if you go we'll want photos and your opinion!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Pros: Emerald Bay used to be a Four Seasons before it was bought by Sandals, so there is that high end feel & thought that went into the design. It's very colonial and almost looks like this was a place James Bond used to stay, so there is the coolness factor. The beach is absolutely incredible.

The Cons: Do you like golf? Yes, great you can play alot. No, well there is plenty of eating and drinking and some snorkeling and that's about it. Unlike some other islands, there isn't that much to do outside the resort.

My opinion: You should very much consider this place if you just want to stay on property and have a little seclusion while at it. But overall it's gorgeous.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been to both locations and wow... enjoy. My Turks trip was work related, but we enjoyed the Sandals "format" as much as we could...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I saw the nurse shark in 30' of water and have 4 other videos of it very close up with my GoPro on a stick. Ended up herding it into shallower water where a bunch of snorkelers were. Was very cool. Good size shark too. I'll have to edit it all together once I get home!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can see your getting your moneys worth out there! Glad to see your having a great time!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the information. Now I can't wait to get there! Keep the videos coming!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went to Sandals once and said I was going to go back, but then having a little one changed that since it is for couples only. Stayed at the Grand Bahamian in Nassau with our room overlooking the beach. Absolutely beautiful and the service was impeccable. For what it's worth, an all inclusive is the way to go. Funny my wife was just talking about Beaches two days ago. Any suggestions on a particular property?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is our 5th trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos....it is a HUGE property and we love it....bummed that we are going home tomorrow...but we'll have been here 9 night by the time we leave....so we've had a GREAT time!

We haven't stayed at a Beaches in Jamaica....so can't comment....but love this resort!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian ; It's more like you're havin' more fun with your "GO PRO ON A STICK" than anyone oughta be allowed to have !

Best Wishes ........ and keep postin' ....... We are thoroughly enjoying all of these !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats and Happy 20th Julian! Great pics and videos!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A GoPro on a stick is lots of fun! Fish treat it differently than a camera in your hand...so you can get much closer to them. It also allows you to get in shots that would normally be just landscapes.

But alas we are home now.... :-(

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We love Turks and Caicos (provo) !

Caicos adventures has an amazing catamaran for diving if you guys are divers. We've been there twice in the last two years and hope to keep the streak alive! Did you guys try Chinson's little bar/meat pocket place on the main drag? It's kind of fun if the weather is tolerable since it is inland. They do smoked meat pretty well.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We stayed at Beaches and never left the resort (except to dive and snorkel). We've been there 5 times now and have done most of the tourist stuff on the island....this was a diving, snorkeling, sailing, water park and sit by the pool/swim up bar trip! Totally relaxing! :winkingthumbsup"
And we had AWESOME weather!