• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carolina Get Together

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
A couple of months back there was a short post/thread about a possible Carolina get together.
I did a search but couldn't find it.
Is there still l a desire and or discussion about trying to get a group together for a long weekend this summer?
We would be in for outing in late July of August.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We live in GA just north of Atlanta, our hone lake is Lake Lanier. Open to suggestions regarding lakes. You have Wylie near Charlotte, you have Falls Lake in the Raleigh- Durham area and many others.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was wondering about a lake that has a place like Stone House Timber Lodge on Lake Gaston. This works great when we can all be at the same place, negotiate a discount, have docks so boats stay in over night.

I'm not set on that particular resort (it works though)....anyone got another place like it???

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Love Lake Gaston! It's my favorite lake. They have restaurants, fuel, snacks, ice cream, etc right on the lake. Big deep lake too, so the water is still cool even in late July/August. Also if you stay towards the eastern side of the lake the water is clear and clean. The western side closer to Kerr lake can get muddy as it comes in from the dam.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Love Lake Gaston! It's my favorite lake. They have restaurants, fuel, snacks, ice cream, etc right on the lake. Big deep lake too, so the water is still cool even in late July/August. Also if you stay towards the eastern side of the lake the water is clear and clean. The western side closer to Kerr lake can get muddy as it comes in from the dam.
Sounds like it has all the amenities for a good time. I would be on for that.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds like it has all the amenities for a good time. I would be on for that.
Lots of AirBnB's to rent as well on the water. Downside is not many will let you use their lifts, but will let you tie up to the dock at the house's. There are definitely some. I have a buddy who has a house on the lake and so lately I just go to his place and use a lift in his boat house.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Lots of AirBnB's to rent as well on the water. Downside is not many will let you use their lifts, but will let you tie up to the dock at the house's. There are definitely some. I have a buddy who has a house on the lake and so lately I just go to his place and use a lift in his boat house.
I'm good with tying the boat up and leaving it in the water for the week.

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We are tentatively looking at August 24 - 28 at Lake Gaston for a long weekend.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm good with tying the boat up and leaving it in the water for the week.
Sounds good! My recommendation is to find a house well in a cove. The main lake can get super busy and don't want your boat banging against the dock. Also be careful where you rent as there are some houses where the bridge to the main lake is too low to get out if you have a boat with a tower. Even lowering it might not be tall or wide enough. Most hosts will tell you the height of the bridge to the main lake.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Sounds good! My recommendation is to find a house well in a cove. The main lake can get super busy and don't want your boat banging against the dock. Also be careful where you rent as there are some houses where the bridge to the main lake is too low to get out if you have a boat with a tower. Even lowering it might not be tall or wide enough. Most hosts will tell you the height of the bridge to the main lake.
That's great information.

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a house on Gaston so I’d definitely be interested if the group chooses that lake. I know a family who rents their lake house in our cove (including the use of the boathouse and lift) so I’ve posted the link for that in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I’m down! That’s only a couple hours from me. @Julian do we need to move this thread to the Regional Forum?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have a house on Gaston so I’d definitely be interested if the group chooses that lake. I know a family who rents their lake house in our cove (including the use of the boathouse and lift) so I’ve posted the link for that in case anyone is interested.

DUDE! Don't know the exact location of that house, but that's basically one cove over from my buddies place. Absolute PRIME location and my favorite side of the lake. Right across the way from Washburn's to get gas/snacks/hot dogs/ice cream. Not far from Watersview Restaurant or The Pointe!

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, we just cross the lake to head to Washburn's. Cannot wait for boating season ... but definitely hating on what I gotta do to clean up after the yellow pollen invasion.

DUDE! Don't know the exact location of that house, but that's basically one cove over from my buddies place. Absolute PRIME location and my favorite side of the lake. Right across the way from Washburn's to get gas/snacks/hot dogs/ice cream. Not far from Watersview Restaurant or The Pointe!