• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While it’s always best to have an Advance Care Directive in place, it is blatantly false to say that a doctor won’t consult an adult’s parents as a surrogate decision maker for an incapacitated patient.
I never stated the above, please don’t attribute the statement too me. Thinking about it from the adult child’s or just an adult’s perspective, an advanced directive gives them / me the power to make the care decision in advance of it ever being needed. If I’m in a situation that I don’t want to survive but my parents or next of kin do, I want my decision to be honored not theirs.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Briefly stated, this “shelter in place” order in 8 (of 35) California Counties is not going to work.

Day 2, I went to work as ordered. Only six people there including myself, who didn’t see the email permitting us to start working from home that came out the night before. We all kept away from each other. One was from a county not under the order. She went home to that county as usual.

Day 3, I worked from home with my i wife and son. I walked to the convenience store and was the third person in line, 6 feet or more behind the guy in front of me. By the time I got to the front of the line there were 10 people , and counting, right behind me. Nobody wearing a mask or gloves but the clerk. Only God knows how many are leaving the county for a county not under the order or how many times the same thing is happening throughout the counties under the order. What about the counties and states that are not under similar orders?

I was planning to visit my mom, in a county not under a shelter order this weekend. I’ve since changed my mind but what about the hundreds, thousands or more who aren’t changing their plans.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Holy $hit, the Governor of California just declared a shelter in place order is now effect for the entire state. Good but if they don’t enforce it more stringently than they are now( see my post of a few minutes ago) this is not going to work or work well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Speaking of ammunition have y'all seen the droves of people trying to buy guns and ammo lol? Likely the same fence riding gun grabber hypocrites that now feel worried and need protection for their family. The same people that a month ago screamed why do you need 100 rounds for your “AR14 assassin slayer baby killer if you look at it wrong” rifle? It's funny to hear the gun shop owners say these people get upset when they can’t get their gun right away....as if it were ever that easy for us law-abiding 2A supporters. What do they think this is.....Amazon Prime?? :D

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taken from another website (I only verified a few of them, so please don't shoot the messenger!)

Some Good News:#Coronavirus

-The first US clinical trial of a Covid-19 vaccine candidate, which is Moderna’s mRNA-1273, has started at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle.

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in #Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all. Hi @swatski

Not much I can say without breaking HIPAA. My hospital is not overwhelmed yet. Some other hospitals in the region are. My hospital was not ready for anything at the beginning of the week. Admin not taking it seriously. Doctors rose up and things are changing. We have no good way to test. Turnaround is over 4 days. Many people are scared, many are stressed. But we keep showing up.

It has been taxing for me mentally. I am afraid to bring it back home. Lastly, I'll share my fb post below. I was pissed and needed to vent. But it reflects the level of stress we are dealing with. All I ask, is that everyone please do their part.

Screenshot_20200319-200036.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got a text and a voice message from my employer reminding me, every employee really, that all company physicians and staff are essential personnel and must continue to work their shifts, have their employee id ready if asked to prove employment. I’ve never received a message like this from the company, it’s great that the noticatoon system works but so surreal that it had to be used at all and in real life not a drill.

One of my friends lives in Idaho, his wife is anRN at a local hospital there. They don’t have enough protective gear so my friend told his wife to quit her high paying job. He is the last person in the world I would expect to tell his wife to quit her job. This is all bad and seems to be getting worse.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Holy $hit, the Governor of California just declared a shelter in place order is now effect for the entire state. Good but if they don’t enforce it more stringently than they are now( see my post of a few minutes ago) this is not going to work or work well.
The problem with enforcing the order is there is no legal basis for doing so. They can say you’d be “endangering the public” or some other vague violation, but in reality without having martial law in the state there is little legal recourse. Likely any arrest during that period for violating the order would be thrown out by a judge, most would see it as unconstitutional. In addition, there are so many exceptions it really is a worthless act anyways. They are considering everything from banks to biotech to hardware stores as essential, so I don’t know what the purpose is.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Local young girl got it. This town is right next to us. Stay safe y’all and be careful if you go out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all. Hi @swatski

Not much I can say without breaking HIPAA. My hospital is not overwhelmed yet. Some other hospitals in the region are. My hospital was not ready for anything at the beginning of the week. Admin not taking it seriously. Doctors rose up and things are changing. We have no good way to test. Turnaround is over 4 days. Many people are scared, many are stressed. But we keep showing up.

It has been taxing for me mentally. I am afraid to bring it back home. Lastly, I'll share my fb post below. I was pissed and needed to vent. But it reflects the level of stress we are dealing with. All I ask, is that everyone please do their part.

View attachment 113932
So restaurant owners should:

1) Follow the guidance of their government officials
2) Follow the guidance of random Facebook/Forum members

Don't blame the restaurant owners for following the government's rules!!! Are we supposed to assume our government is full of idiots that don't know what they are doing, and Facebook is what we should all listen to?????

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taken from another website (I only verified a few of them, so please don't shoot the messenger!)

Some Good News:#Coronavirus

-The first US clinical trial of a Covid-19 vaccine candidate, which is Moderna’s mRNA-1273, has started at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle.

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in #Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I'll add to this list with what I've witnessed during these times
- Many more couples walking in the neighborhood together

- Many families walking with their kids throughout the neighborhood

- kids riding bikes and playing in the streets again

- Families cooking dinner and eating together, doing the dishes together, having discussions

- My kiddo reading books, my other one doing puzzles and reading books at her house

- People out doing yard work and enjoying it

- And a really noticeable benefit.....My Capital One Credit card bill is like 80% less than what it normally is. This is going to be a really good financial Fast for my family

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We have now cut off all physical ties with anyone we were planning on seeing in the next couple of weeks. Wife's job stated that they're good to work from home until the 17th as of now. I'm still at mine, but the drive in this morning was very lonely. Everyone is on edge waiting to be told that WI is going into a shelter in place. I have my doubts that this will happen.

We did have our first two deaths in WI reported last night. One was a 90 year old male, the other was a 50ish male. Both were from the areas that first saw infections in our state. I hope this is a grim wake up call to my fellow 'Sconnies, as we STILL don't seem to be taking this virus seriously.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just heard from a reliable source that PA will be under a shelter in place order this weekend, they are waiting to mobilize the national guard before the announcement. We will be told to shelter in place for 1 week, but have enough supplies to last a month.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just heard from a reliable source that PA will be under a shelter in place order this weekend, they are waiting to mobilize the national guard before the announcement. We will be told to shelter in place for 1 week, but have enough supplies to last a month.
I think a lot of states will do that over this weekend. It gives people a little buffer between the mandate and reality. Personally, I'm pretty pissed that it has come to infringing on the rights of all because of the mistakes of a few. But it'll give the entire country a feel of what it's like to be a gun owner.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know what would it imply, in practical terms, for local and out of state travelers? Can you still access highways? cross the state?

--

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I agree too many don't seem to take this serious. I can remember the polio epidemic of the early 50's , yeah I'm that old-73 [hell I predate television let alone the internet] I was in about the 2nd or 3rd grade but I can still remember how terrified all the parents were. A little of that fear would be a good thing for some of these clowns.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So restaurant owners should:

1) Follow the guidance of their government officials
2) Follow the guidance of random Facebook/Forum members

Don't blame the restaurant owners for following the government's rules!!! Are we supposed to assume our government is full of idiots that don't know what they are doing, and Facebook is what we should all listen to?????
No they should use common sense. I don’t look to any government for common sense advice. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this virus is to be taken very seriously. As in value your life and the lives of those in your family. Sorry but no amount of business needs to be open to public sitting and gathering. If you want to keep your business alive come up with creative ways such as carry-out or other means to limit interaction with people. Think smart, don’t rely on anyone thinking for you.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you know what would it imply, in practical terms, for local and out of state travelers? Can you still access highways? cross the state?

--
From what I've been told we won't be allowed to leave the house unless it to get food, medicine or the need for medical care. Sorry, I don't know all of the details since I'm getting this second hand and it seems like they are still making plans. I find it odd that just last night the governor announced that all non-life sustaining businesses were to close last night and now he's going to order a shelter in place.

If you get stuck travelling across PA you can stay at our house, since I'll be at our townhome in the mountains away from the madness. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.