• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, but plandemic has been repeatedly proven to be full of lies and debunked by multiple sources. But google plandemic debunked and read any of the top 10 returns!. A very cleverly shot show featuring a doctor who published flawed research she was forced to retract and was subsequently fired, and then arrested for theft.

Damn, I guess I'm one of the guys that fell victim to this. I did what you said. When I saw it it looked legit and she seemed credible. I'm not on social media, so I'm kinda in the dark from that perspective. This was texted to me by a good friend. I spent a good portion of this morning drinking my coffee and reading the debunking articles. I freakin hate media!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Maybe your doctor friends need to stand up to fraud (which misreporting is)
I would agree with that, but it’s not always that easy. Hospitals have become very political places (I’m sure I don’t have to tell you) especially in their upper levels of management. Even at non-lifesaving endeavors like stores and service companies, there is unfortunately a stigma associated with speaking out or going against the grain. We have a lot of self preservation built into our psyches, it’s probably not very easy to do so. I could be wrong though, I only see the administrative side through my hetero life-partner‘s perspective.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, there is a very profound political climate at the hospitals in my neck of the woods unfortunately. I couldn't go more into detail I am not in the know, just what I have heard.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would agree with that, but it’s not always that easy. Hospitals have become very political places (I’m sure I don’t have to tell you) especially in their upper levels of management. Even at non-lifesaving endeavors like stores and service companies, there is unfortunately a stigma associated with speaking out or going against the grain. We have a lot of self preservation built into our psyches, it’s probably not very easy to do so. I could be wrong though, I only see the administrative side through my hetero life-partner‘s perspective.
@tabbibus I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, there is a very profound political climate at the hospitals in my neck of the woods unfortunately. I couldn't go more into detail I am not in the know, just what I have heard.
I get that hospitals can be political, but I keep hearing about this "people are being forced/encouraged/bribed/incented to call deaths Covid deaths when they are not", and I have yet to find a shred of truth to it. I keep asking all my healthcare friends, coworkers etc (I work in Healthcare IT-many of my coworkers are practicing physicians) if they have seen or felt this push at all, and ALL have said EMPHATICALLY "NO". They typically follow it with:
"Would you lie on an official government document with the risk of losing your license because your boss asked you to?"

The closest thing I can come to a shred of truth around this topic is the very real fact that hospitals get paid more for a covid death than non-covid death. But this again "sounds" alarming, but it is simply a matter of billing and cost realities. Covid deaths are EXPENSIVE. Typically they result from a person on a ventilator for a prolonged period - which is very expensive. But again, the billing happens as a result of the heathcare team documenting Covid in the patient's chart. No doctor is going to diagnose a patient with covid that doesn't have covid. He is not incented in any way to do that. If he did that in order to defraud medicare or insurance, that is insurance fraud - a crime for which he/she would lose their license and be fined/jailed.

Whenever I see on FB someone post "I know someone who is being forced to list covid as a cause of death", I ask - "really - you realize that's a crime right? Can you give me their name so I can get paid on the whistleblower claim?" And then I hear nothing.....crickets. Methinks this is internet BS.

As someone who works on the systems that track all this data (electronic health records) - it has become quite easy for the insurance companies to track fraud and see artificial spikes in data.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was a Director of IT for a major hospital and have on boarded EMR's/EHR' and Ambulator systems, not too mention lab software and clinical trials applications, As well as designed and integrated most of the major EMR/EHR providers. I have seen a lot of things that I was not happy with including practices and billing. Politics, especially in billings and drug played a very large roll. Dictations not lining up and timings off. That is one of the major reasons I left Medical IT after a decade about 10 years ago. Now I am a CITO for a SaaS Vertical Technology company that specializes in the Manufacturing Vend and Food channels and the politics are virtually non-existent and I am much happier. I actually enjoy going to work. Now I get to remotely work from the new boat, which isn't to bad, at least for the next few weeks till people in power in this state decides what they want to do.

@Julian Crimes are being committed everyday in Health Care. The task force is over whelmed whether it is fraudulent billing, made up dictations, over billing, wrong diagnosis etc., etc. Especially in areas such as Cancer treatment where the costs of the drug are astronomical. I just caught a piece on the news just a few days ago about a couple of doctors in another state that submitted thousands of fraudulent claims to Medicare. Unfortunately this occurs on a regular basis. From my own experience I believe that whether it is Politically motivated or financially driven, some individuals believe it is ok and are beyond the reach of the law.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now to be fair, the Doctors in the article probably didn't submit the billings, someone in their office did or a billing provider for them. Whether or not they know about it or directly authorized it I guess the court will figure determine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m seeing a lot of disparity in how the social distancing guidelines are being implemented, if at all, within CA. For instance I went to Scal last week we were at Costco, they wiped down the shopping carts after every use and the places that were open had new and used pen Cups. Everyone was wearing a mask. At Costco in Ncal no cart cleaning happens after each use and I see a lot less masks being worn by people outside.

In my area, I had a hard time finding a boat ramp open yesterday all the state and county ramps are closed but some of the private ramps/marinas are not. When I called to ask them about Covid 19 precautions and caveats all they said was “Their ramps are open, the launch fee is $xx.” Out on The water it was as if Covid 19 didn’t exist. No masks and no social distancing,

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out here all ramps are open, state/metropark/private, but couldn't find a spot on 4 lakes till we went further out on Saturday. People tied up in huge parties walking from boat to boat, tons of people on the sandbar, albeit in 60 degree water. We finally ended going to a more remote lake on Sunday away from everyone in the suburbs, which made us feel a bit better. The launch only had 12 spots total, so there were not as many boaters, albeit a smaller lake. Saw a lot of uncool social distancing.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a simple way to burn through all the noise (and politics) around COVID-19 scorekeeping: Look at "excess deaths" statistics. Basic idea is measuring total deaths in any area for a given time and compare it to both historical mean deaths and the standard deviation of trailing years' means for total deaths in same location and time period.

The UK's Office of National Statisticsis doing this and publishing weekly:Screenshot_20200526-102936.png

The Financial Times are using similar analysis methods (from various data sources) across many more locations:
Screenshot_20200526-103047.png

Of course, scorekeeping will still be required to split out actual COVID-19 disease deaths vs increases in fatality totals from suicides, heart attacks, cancer, etc. as well as possible reductions in certain death types (car accidents?) during the pandemic and associates lockdowns. Historians will fight over the details (as will politicians, of course) but not only the total impacts but also the trends of the impacts are available in near real time.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get that hospitals can be political, but I keep hearing about this "people are being forced/encouraged/bribed/incented to call deaths Covid deaths when they are not", and I have yet to find a shred of truth to it. I keep asking all my healthcare friends, coworkers etc (I work in Healthcare IT-many of my coworkers are practicing physicians) if they have seen or felt this push at all, and ALL have said EMPHATICALLY "NO". They typically follow it with:
"Would you lie on an official government document with the risk of losing your license because your boss asked you to?"

The closest thing I can come to a shred of truth around this topic is the very real fact that hospitals get paid more for a covid death than non-covid death. But this again "sounds" alarming, but it is simply a matter of billing and cost realities. Covid deaths are EXPENSIVE. Typically they result from a person on a ventilator for a prolonged period - which is very expensive. But again, the billing happens as a result of the heathcare team documenting Covid in the patient's chart. No doctor is going to diagnose a patient with covid that doesn't have covid. He is not incented in any way to do that. If he did that in order to defraud medicare or insurance, that is insurance fraud - a crime for which he/she would lose their license and be fined/jailed.

Whenever I see on FB someone post "I know someone who is being forced to list covid as a cause of death", I ask - "really - you realize that's a crime right? Can you give me their name so I can get paid on the whistleblower claim?" And then I hear nothing.....crickets. Methinks this is internet BS.

As someone who works on the systems that track all this data (electronic health records) - it has become quite easy for the insurance companies to track fraud and see artificial spikes in data.
I keep hearing from guys that one way to validate this is look at deaths from major illnesses from last year and compare them to this year, ie. flu, pneumonia, etc. Those numbers are down this year over last year and Covid numbers keep escalating. They say this is evidence that they are taking someone who died of pneumonia or other lung illness and just diagnosing the death as Covid even when they tested negative. Again, don't shoot the messenger, and I'm not savy enough to find this kind of data online.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@BigN8 Yes....this is what @GTBRMC posted about above. Look at excess deaths (if there are any--and there are)

Looking at the numbers is always challenging. This research took a different approach to the death rates in NY and is quite interesting. In short, they took the average death rates for NY over the last 5 years 2015-2020 and looked to see if there was an excess number of deaths. There was. Then they overlayed the confirmed and probable Covid deaths on the excess deaths and got the chart below. They do point out that there COULD be some other underlying reason for the excess deaths and don't draw any conclusions about it, but this seems like a pretty good way of estimating the "uncounted" or not diagnosed Covid deaths (for example - people who died at home who weren't tested).

This is, by the way, the opposite of "people are lying about Covid deaths", and is saying we have undercounted covid deaths (unless there is some other spike we haven't realized yet).

1590508831266.png

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian Crimes are being committed everyday in Health Care.
Very true. But crime are being committed in every sector every day. Since Healthcare is a massive part of our spend as a country, it will have a large % of the overall fraud. Yes, there will always be bad apples, but they aren't the majority, and represent a small percentage of the overall system (but still shocking how many think they can get away with it). But with the forcing of electronic health records it is becoming easier and easier to spot abnormal trends in the data, and we are often asked for data for the long list of lawsuits against these bad apples!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian Totally agree with you on EMR's and EHR's. When they became mandatory that was one of the best things to happen, both for Fraud as well as maintaining proper patient records, confidentiality and security and hopefully better patient care.

I think that it may not so much being an overtly fraud reporting thing all the time, but if a patient dies from a heart attack and also has Covid-19 did they die of the heart attack or was it due to Covid-19 and how is it being reported. Did they have Covid or did they get it in the hospital. This can be extrapolated to any type of death. At the cancer center there are those that have rapid advancing cancer that their mortality is weeks and/or months. They got Covid-19 and died. They were going to die regardless, did the Covid accelerate that or was it a non issue. There is a big Gray area there. Of course there will be those who report one way or the complete opposite way or somewhere in between. The standards for such have been not well defined as a multitude of information has come to light.

I guess as time goes on and more scrutiny and numbers are reported, and people far smarter than I, look at the data more will come to light. For me, personally, I see conflicting data at times and similiar data. It's difficult to determine what to believe in. At the end of the day I just want to make sure that I am making the right decisions for my family as well as my staff, which is foundated in good information and not media hype, erroneous reporting and political justification.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting point-counterpoint discussion of lockdown effectiveness (or lack thereof). I don't agree or disagree with either entirely. It is refreshing to see two media types of opposing viewpoints stick to the issue instead of attacking each other (well, other than good-natured teasing). It is also refreshing to see some in-depth discussion that isn't designed to maximize three second sound bites.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think that it may not so much being an overtly fraud reporting thing all the time, but if a patient dies from a heart attack and also has Covid-19 did they die of the heart attack or was it due to Covid-19 and how is it being reported. Did they have Covid or did they get it in the hospital. This can be extrapolated to any type of death. At the cancer center there are those that have rapid advancing cancer that their mortality is weeks and/or months. They got Covid-19 and died.
Which is why Cause of Death is tracked on multiple lines and is not the Mode of death, but the underlying cause of death. The example below shows exactly what you said @HangOutdoors a patient who dies of a covid that had underlying conditions would have them all listed. Died of Pneumonia (12 days), due to Covid-19 (15 days), Due to Lung Cancer (3 Years).

1590517157146.png

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

As a counterpoint to this, I have seen with my own eyes the hospital directive stating to the physicians "if there is a doubt, include Covid". Again, I'm not an M.D. so I can't say for sure if that was being used or not. But be very clear, hospital admins are quite often less concerned with accuracy than they are with the bottom line. Typically admins of ANY type are much closer to politicians and lobbyists than they are doctors and nurses. Again, I fall back to the math since in my mind that is the ultimate truth given accurate data. 5% of the population with 30% of the cases/deaths? Makes me suspicious, time will tell I suppose.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting point-counterpoint discussion of lockdown effectiveness (or lack thereof). I don't agree or disagree with either entirely. It is refreshing to see two media types of opposing viewpoints stick to the issue instead of attacking each other (well, other than good-natured teasing). It is also refreshing to see some in-depth discussion that isn't designed to maximize three second sound bites.
The problem with the debate is it is going on AFTER the event....which makes it so much easier! In reality, I don't think anyone would argue that quarantine with a deadly disease is the best way to prevent spread. So the question is....when do you implement a quarantine? How deadly is deadly enough to quarantine, and how long do you wait to make the call?

5% of the population with 30% of the cases/deaths? Makes me suspicious, time will tell I suppose.
The US isn't exactly full of healthy, fit people with healthcare.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Valid point! It is easier to quarterback when you are able to see everything in hindsight and you are sitting on the sidelines critiquing.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The problem with the debate is it is going on AFTER the event....which makes it so much easier! In reality, I don't think anyone would argue that quarantine with a deadly disease is the best way to prevent spread. So the question is....when do you implement a quarantine? How deadly is deadly enough to quarantine, and how long do you wait to make the call?

The US isn't exactly full of healthy, fit people with healthcare.
All valid, of course. Except I would disagree with the thought that this is in hindsight. We are in the middle of this pandemic and will be until we get to herd immunity through comprehensive vaccinations or otherwise. Seems very likely at least some parts of the world will have to make "to lockdown or not to lockdown" decisions again. Possibly, more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.