• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drone footage Surfing Super Air Nautique

Brian Morris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Surfing behing 2002 Super Air Nautique team edition! factory tanks full and 540 Lb big bag filled port side. And swell surf system on starboard side.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Brian Morris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^ Thanks Julian!! They didn't want the buff guy (Alex) to rip the seems on the vest we had so he got stuck with the orange LOL!!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
That was a great video! @Ronnie would be a little jelly of the above the water drone skills! I think the best part is the orange life jacket! Priceless.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does it have a 'follow me' mode?

Brian Morris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh yeah. It's got "follow me" and a lot of other auto pilot functions, but I would never use any of that around the boat. Too dangerous!:dead: gotta stay manual and be very careful! @buckbuck

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice camera work! I need to get to where I don't even think about the controls and just fly instinctually.

Well done.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Brian Morris , great video. I appreciate how difficult it is to not only get the footage but also edit it. I am jealous that you have someone willing to drive the boat while you fly the quad copter.

I also find that I don't use the advanced flight features (like follow me or an object) very often on either my p3 advanced or p4. Not because I don't want to but because they won't engage at the distance or height I want from the subject and when they do engage they don't work very well. For instance, I set the p4 to follow my boat and it lost sight of it almost immediately even though it was the only object in the frame/water at the time. The point of interest (circle a point of interest) function does seem to work well on both .

Looking forward to seeing more boating videos from you.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are bursting my naïve little bubble. I was hoping that the drones were smart enough to follow without a lot of pilot input.

Brian Morris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Trevor Shipman. I like that "Fly instinctually". @Ronnie I feel the same way. Honestly I don't even know if I've even used "follow me" before. Too unpredictable for water sports behind a boat. I do like the point of interest feature though. Works really good for real estate showcase, but out there you gotta stay manual, anything can happen. The day we were filming this video my phone got knocked off the remote control. Which is okay, How,ever when the battery gets low the thing goes into 'return to home mode', and automatically fly's to the last set home point. So the phantom is headed for a destination 10 miles away because I forgot to reset it at the lake. :nailbiting: It went about a mile before I could get my phone hooked back up and stop it. Super Sketchy lesson learned. keep that phone strapped up tight! @buckbuck Thanks, and not trying to burst your bubble. You can still use the follow me it just wont be as close.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Brian Morris not to deviate from the string but I had a scary return to home incident the first time I flew over the water this year, I think I either had the voltage trigger set to high at 30% remaining or I accidentally hit the rth button on the remote. The things to know are one, when the low voltage trigger is reached you can set the quad copter to hover instead of rth in the advanced settings menu. Two, you can cancel the rth function by pushing the rth button on the remote , no phone or tablet needed.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw your other videos below and clicked on your July 4th video. I was looking for my boat when you did the flyover but couldn't see it. We were out there that day. I remember that blue tent you had set up. Small world.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice video. The guy in the orange life vest reminds me of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy. Lol!

Brian Morris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie I'm glad you told me I had no idea i could cancel return to home on the remote itself. Thank You. @Trevor Shipman Crazy you were out there. dont know if we will make it out again this year but you see us out there next summer come on over and say hello. @OperationROL Lol thank you. He is just as much of a character as Chris Farley!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Holy geez that is surfing close to the boat!! With that many people who needs ballast...lol

Great video!!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Must be nice to have a boat that creates a tsunami like that!