• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

fsh 255 3-1 transducer mounting location

jdmpwrd1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
hello all, im new to the page and just bought a yamaha 255fhs. want to run a simrad 3-1 transducer with sidescan and looking for suggestion of mounting location with results. every thing i have read says there will be interference from jet was. any help would be appreciated

With my boat and transducer my view does get blocked when I'm in reverse.....otherwise its clear. You can look at the link in my signature under 242X to find all the threads on my mount. (if you don't see my signature-turn your phone on its side).

With my boat and transducer my view does get blocked when I'm in reverse.....otherwise its clear. You can look at the link in my signature under 242X to find all the threads on my mount. (if you don't see my signature-turn your phone on its side).
Your not running sidescan on your boat, correct? Also I don’t have a flat section of hull to mount there

Attachments

• IMG_6932.jpeg
    IMG_6932.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6934.jpeg
    IMG_6934.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Search (can be) your friend. There are 2 solutions that have been discussed here. Make a bracket to correct for the angle of the black plate and hang transducer from there. Or as discussed in this thread use 2 transducers. IMO this looks like the best but more complicated install

Pic of “Plan A”
1726794081150.png

I only have one transducer mounted on the starboard side. While the port side scan is impacted it is not that significant. If it was I would have added another transducer in the port side and run the cable up to the mfd and used a manufacturer made Y splice to tie it into the system. Remember it’s looking down and to the sides not just to the side.

And the only time I get interference is when I’m sitting stationary in neutral with the engines on or as @Julian mentioned in reverse.

Just install it on the back of the boat and see how it works. If it doesn’t measure up then add another transducer and tie it in as mentioned above.

IMG_6563.png

IMG_1494.jpeg

Look at post #18.

Back