• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Injector Cleaning

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone routinely pull their fuel injectors and send them to someone like Injector RX for testing and cleaning? A friend just pulled them from his older Yamaha jet ski with about 100 hours on it. They were tested to be fair to poor, but were able to be cleaned to like-new specs. It was about $90 including shipping for the four of them.

Just curious if anyone else does this on a routine basis.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have done it before with my boat I think it was less than 200 for all 8 with enough insurance to cover me to by new ones if something happened I could a difference when I did mine

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're having some issues you may want to try a can of Sea Foam first.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone routinely pull their fuel injectors and send them to someone like Injector RX for testing and cleaning? A friend just pulled them from his older Yamaha jet ski with about 100 hours on it. They were tested to be fair to poor, but were able to be cleaned to like-new specs. It was about $90 including shipping for the four of them.

Of course they would say they are fair to poor. If they said they were mint you would never send to them again. At 100 hours seems way to early.
Good fuel, some additives and no worries.
No need to send out unless there was an issue narrowed down to restricted injectors.
Think about how long automotive injectors go. 100k, 200k, 300k, hell ive seen 500k on a sienna and its never seen an injector issue

These injectors are just like automobile ones.
Save your 90 bucks for something needed

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
He was having issues with rough starts, loss of power, etc.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I built a crude injector flow tester with an adjustable pulse driver and 40psi pressure tank for feeding cleaning solution. They all looked perfect, even the test injectors i got from an 80s mustang. I don't think it was worth the effort. I've tested 8 mr1 injectors and some 21lb Ford injectors and they all looked great as far as the flow pattern. None leaked at 40psi.
20170919_213833.jpg

The tank
20170918_213426.jpg

Sonicator bath cleaning too
20170919_202728.jpg

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can that be used to inject cream into a cannoli?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!

I
  • Injector Masters Welcome to JETBOATERS.net! We are delighted you decided to join the forum and look forward to your contributions! We hope that you will enjoy the features the forum offers, and enjoy the collaboration with all the members. Some things you might want to check out as a new member are linked below. Also, this message will disappear after you've posted 5 messages, or if you click the "X" to dismiss it to the right. Don't forget to add your location (you'll be added to the map automatically!)Forum FAQ

Order Forum SWAG Here--Stickers, flags, Tire Covers, and more!

Forum Features and how to use them

Member Tips and Tricks forum--lots of member ideas here!

Forum Rules, Financials and more

Tips on how to use the forum: On your phone, the Lightning bolt at the top shows you the same as "What's New" on a larger screen-this is a list of the active topics being discussed right now. Click on the hamburger Menu on your phone (3 Lines in the upper left) to see a list of ways to get around the forum. The "Forums" menu item at the top of that list would, for example, allow you to navigate to the "Member Tips and Ideas" which has a sticky (post that always stays at the top) for how to diagnose why your engine won't start. Hope this helps get you aquainted with the basics! We look forward to your contributions/questions/input!
  • As the forum gets bigger and bigger having a consistent approach with members regarding the Code of Conduct becomes harder and harder. Fortunately our forum software has a feature that can help us all. It is called "Warnings". The purpose of the feature is to give a member a "nudge" from a moderator that they've crossed a line, and gives the member an opportunity to change course. Please be sure you read this postto ensure you understand how this works. Admins/Moderators will begin using the Warning feature April 13th.
    You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>>
New guy not very good at this...
Unwatch
•••
I
Injector Masters

5 minutes ago
Hi all!
I was invited to join the blog because someone saw what I do and thought it might be valuable and of interest here.
My name is Wayne and I'm an alc... oops. Wrong group.
My name is Wayne and I'm a gasoline fuel injector test/clean/rebuild guy. I have 11 years experience and the newest and best equipment designed for this purpose. My company is Injector Masters, and we service all 4 stroke and 2 stroke gas injectors from marine and land based applications. We use the ASNU equipment which is unmatched in the industry.
I've built this company based on friendly, quick and professional service with proven results. We diagnose, then treat and ultrasonically backflush, then retest every set. Upon passing final tests for leaks, flow rates at varying rpm (balance) and spray patterns we assemble each injector with new filters/seals/grommets/spacers etc as applicable. Most are included with a few part numbers being a few extra bucks each. Injector service is far less expensive than replacing yours, and we don't believe in cheap aftermarket replacements. Most injectors perform ASNU 😉 upon final analysis and replacements are seldom needed.
We typically just take 1 day for service then have your supplied set on its way back to you. We are able to work with Etec and Ficht injectors as well for those Johnson and Evinrude fans.

I'm no good at this blog stuff. I will do my best. We can be found on Facebook @ injectormastersllc with the black and white logo, or on the web page Www.injectormasters.com that has email and phone information and lots more.

Happy boating season if that's a thing for you. Some of you get to play all year-round. Lucky you!

Attachments
Quote Reply
Report •••

Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesInsert

Gallery embed

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

Toggle BB code

Write your reply...