• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hangtyte Support System Install - 2016 AR240 (Getting Rid Of The Poles)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if these would work even better on a 242 X? @swatski Attach it to the front of the bimini frame for the bow...might give it better lift?
I believe that would be the case, it should work better, w/less stress on the bow cover fabric.
In my case the “angle” of the front hangtyte pulley is pretty sharp - tiring off of the tower tow point - so more force is required to lift that part of the cover up over the bow, if it makes sense.

I must tell you, this system is great. With a little bit of practice it takes one person 2-3 min to have the cover up and tight over the boat, while on a lift!

When trailering, I just disconnect the two pulleys from the tow point and tether them up (w/ carabiners) so they wouldn’t thrash around in the wind.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you do that with the cover already on?
If in a driveway, I use a ladder. On/off ramp I do it while pulling the cover on.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A former member here never installed poles or any other anti pooling device with a new premium cover at all and just ratcheted tight. Apparently never had pooling with cover never being stretches from the poles. I am going to give that a try when I replace my cover next season. Anyone else tried that?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After just buying a new cover I almost threw up when I saw you cut that hole
I'm with you.
That was probably harder than drilling a through-hull, lol.

Holds up great though.

--

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They came in the mail last night. I purchased 2 for the 212x. Real nervous about cutting the holes, any other insight before I make the "surgical" cuts?
Its no lie when they say a boat is a hole in the water and you just keep throwing money into it...3 packages arrived yesterday in the garage and she the "Admiral" didn't even blink an eye... Thanks to @J-RAD for the Rope and Hydroslide, going to try out both next week on Keuka Lake.
New surf rope: O’BRIEN CORE SURF ROPE | Transom Watersports
O'Brien Hydroslide Versa 2: O'BRIEN HYDROSLIDE VERSA 2 | Transom Watersports
Hangtyte Support System..

Hangtyte System.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They came in the mail last night. I purchased 2 for the 212x. Real nervous about cutting the holes, any other insight before I make the "surgical" cuts?
Its no lie when they say a boat is a hole in the water and you just keep throwing money into it...3 packages arrived yesterday in the garage and she the "Admiral" didn't even blink an eye... Thanks to @J-RAD for the Rope and Hydroslide, going to try out both next week on Keuka Lake.
New surf rope: O’BRIEN CORE SURF ROPE | Transom Watersports
O'Brien Hydroslide Versa 2: O'BRIEN HYDROSLIDE VERSA 2 | Transom Watersports
Hangtyte Support System..

View attachment 101453
I'm glad it made it in time for your vacation. Have fun, be safe, and report back. 🤙

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Real nervous about cutting the holes, any other insight before I make the "surgical" cuts?
Use quality curved-bladed scissors, very sharp. Cut conservatively, can always enlarge the hole but hard to go the other way.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used a hot knife to cut flaps for my shore power through hulls on each side. Holding up well over a few years at this point.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I needed to use 3 hangtytes to get my cover secured. The first year I tried to use two hangtytes and my cover ripped because I didn't have the placement of the back one right and the weight of the water tore my cover near the hangtyte attachment. Fortunately I got the cover repaired by a good seamstress and I added a third hangtyte in the back. Placement is key when you have a reverse facing tower like on my 2010 212x. The bow hangtyte has a really big angle but just barely works to keep water from pooling when the cover is on tight. I find that with three hangtytes I dont' need to ratchet them as tight which means less stress on the cover. For towing long distances I disconnect the hangtytes and tuck the pully under the cover where the cover wraps around the tower mounts. The cover is designed to pull down tight by air suction. It's the same reason the poles are not supposed to be installed when towing (for my 2010 212x).

As I mentioned in my previous post I got all 3 from iboats.com for $39.99 plus $8 shipping. (they are now $49.99) For less than $100 it is an awesome mod that saves a ton of time and hassle. My boat sits on a floating lift and I would often have the poles fall over because of all the wave action. No more worries of that.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This is an old thread but want to get a hangtyte for my 19" Yamaha with tower. Do you guys think one is enough or would I need multiple suspension points?