• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

jetboaters.net Chicago Friends & Family Boaters Cruise

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone, in talking to my wife,@OperationROL's Wife, about attending the 2016 Chicago Loop Cruise, she expressed that she was not interested in attending the event as normally scheduled due to the usually inclement conditions. While I will probably still go to the annual event, my family will be doing the loop on June 11, 2016 as well. The weather should be more favorable and more predictable by then.

Therefore, we are inviting everyone to the 1st Annual, jetboaters.net Chicago Friends & Family Boaters Cruise! Who's in? @Chicago_Loop , @Shelbyville @007, @JCampbell , , [USER=136]@Wake08 , @RxH2O
, @Nathan Bryant , @Sheboat , @buckbuck , @YamahaForMe , @aarons1k ,@Speedling , @pumps and hose, @trace , @scot71 , @Impelled , @Steve & Heidi, @BAC.94 , @shane hric , @Justin G. , @RampRage, @GTBRMC, @swatski , @mattschepker , @ar240owner , @ar240owner's Wife , @jaybro72 , @Eric Popper , @MutherTucker , @Boat Crazy , @sstegh , @RiverRat , @ZIRB3L , @Tad Steinberg , @JC6275 , @upperdeck
@dan144k

1. @OperationROL & @OperationROL's Wife[/USER]
2. @scot71
3. @dan144k
4. @Tad Steinberg

Last edited:

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We did that loop on a tour boat last fall. It was a great way to see the downtown area of Chicago. If I didn't live so far away I'd love to do that. Good luck getting a crew of boats together to do that loop. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am definitely down for this! June should be a much better time to go. COUNT ME IN!! :winkingthumbsup"

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We did that loop on a tour boat last fall. It was a great way to see the downtown area of Chicago. If I didn't live so far away I'd love to do that. Good luck getting a crew of boats together to do that loop. I'm sure you'll have a blast.
Yeah, we do the Chicago Loop Cruise every year. It is always the last weekend in April. As you can imagine, in Chicago the weather in April is touchy so it is always a crap shoot. Last year, the Saturday event was cancelled and they ran the event on Sunday with very limited participation. In the last few years, the wives have decided to go shopping instead since the weather has not cooperated few more times than they care. For me it's like a ritual, so I cannot fathom not going, but I want my wife and family to go, so I definitely want to have this trip in June when the weather is a bit more reliable.

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Neil,
For those of us who haven't done this previously, could we get a little description of the event i.e... Where is launch and recovery? How long is the loop trip? Etc.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone, in talking to my wife,@OperationROL's Wife, about attending the 2016 Chicago Loop Cruise, she expressed that she was not interested in attending the event as normally scheduled due to the usually inclement conditions. While I will probably still go to the annual event, my family will be doing the loop on June 11, 2016 as well. The weather should be more favorable and more predictable by then.

Therefore, we are inviting everyone to the 1st Annual, jetboaters.net Chicago Friends & Family Boaters Cruise! Who's in? @Chicago_Loop , @Shelbyville @007, @JCampbell , , [USER=136]@Wake08 , @RxH2O
, @Nathan Bryant , @Sheboat , @buckbuck , @YamahaForMe , @aarons1k ,@Speedling , @pumps and hose, @trace , @scot71 , @Impelled , @Steve & Heidi, @BAC.94 , @shane hric , @Justin G. , @RampRage, @GTBRMC

1. @OperationROL & @OperationROL's Wife[/USER]
2. @scot71
Man no love !! Lol , just messing with yea :)

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the invite but I will be at Table Rock Lake. One of these days I will be on the loop cruise.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Neil,
For those of us who haven't done this previously, could we get a little description of the event i.e... Where is launch and recovery? How long is the loop trip? Etc.
I started putting a document together that explains everything, but most of the information will mirror that of the CLC, so you can go to www.chicagoloopcruise.com to view all the details. Our event would be similar. If we have enough people, I will even coordinate the Auxiliary Coast Guard safety checks as well.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man no love !! Lol , just messing with yea :)
Always love. I assumed you were in the Shelbyville group. I just looked through and did not see many STL folks. Matt is in there and so is Jerry, but not much more than that.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our family is gonna try and go. Always wanted to go thru the city.

Thank you for organizing. @OperationROL

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always love. I assumed you were in the Shelbyville group. I just looked through and did not see many STL folks. Matt is in there and so is Jerry, but not much more than that.
I'm just giving you trouble !! :)

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Man, I'll be headed to Orange Beach, AL that weekend. Neil, are you planning on doing the CLC at the end of April as well?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, I'll be headed to Orange Beach, AL that weekend. Neil, are you planning on doing the CLC at the end of April as well?
I believe I will. It's just a tradition at this point, but the wife will not join me for the April event.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I will be trying my best to come this year!
Nothing on the calendar so putting this on there now.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be trying my best to come this year!
Nothing on the calendar so putting this on there now.
Which one? April or the new jetboaters.net version?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will be at table rock lake. Would have loved to go though.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will be at table rock lake. Would have loved to go though.
That sucks. I did not think about that before setting the dates. Next year, we will coordinate to make sure the Table Rock crew can attend if they want to. I am sure you will have a blast there though.