• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

jetboaters.net Chicago Friends & Family Boaters Cruise

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just booked a Boatcation at Dale Hallow lake in Tennessee that weekend, so we are bummed that we can't make it. Put us down for 2017.

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I know! I want that too but i may only do the piping or skip it all together. Budgets...
I did the math and it is about a wash between a heated floor and running a heater of enough size to do the trick. Infrared heaters are about the same. I wanted to have it mostly hidden. Boiler and most of the equipment will be out of site.
Here are a few more pics of the heated floor going in.
Because of the PEX in the floor we had a pumper truck come in which was a bit more expensive as well.

For those that are interested, here are some additional pictures of the workshop build.

Here is the CAD layout with the house
IMG_0283.JPG

Prepping the foundation
DSC_0289.jpg

Progress of the build
DSC_0347.jpg
DSC_0377.jpg
IMG_0649.JPG
I don't have a good pic of the house and the workshop in the current condition. Stay tuned....

Just before the Pour - My daughter standing just in front of the area where the Lift is going. All the PEX is down.
IMG_1745.JPG

Second floor beam going in. I wanted to span 30 feet without a support post in the middle.
Got the beam for scrap. Some quick calculations it will hold 22,000 pounds at the center point. Yeah a bit overkill. I could put 3 242 Limited's up there!!!

IMG_4702.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

What it looks like today.
IMG_2003.JPG

I build it all myself except for the framing/roof - had the Amish come in and frame it up and put on the roof.

Attachments

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @OperationROL, I realize we're still a few weeks off for this but wanted to see if you were still planning to do it.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, we are still planning to do this.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I guess i should get the boat outta the garage eh?
Currently working on the tree...
20160509_100459.jpg
Just a 65' red oak...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
C'mon Lee! Aren't there more important things to think about! lol!
Actually have one last thing coming in mail tomorrow to finish wiring up the some 1000 watts rms of amp to two new sub boxes and two new type 27 batteries.

We had lightning strike a couple weeks ago and apparently needing a new washing also qualifies my wife for a laundry room makeover! Also took out a router and a couple phone chargers. On top of all that i have been out of town for work for a month now. Just home for weekends.

So today is a rain day and we stayed home instead of traveling down by you, @scot71 . Purdue Lafayette football stadium upgrades.

The tree isn't due to lightning. It's in the way of my ultimate boat mod! 36x40 garage go time!

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I guess i should get the boat outta the garage eh?
Currently working on the tree...
View attachment 36908
Just a 65' red oak...
I definitely understand about the tree thing. Mine was about the same size, but was an Elm tree. It was way dead and needed to come down.

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a business trip that might get in the way of the loop cruise in June. May have to go overseas at that time. Unfortunately most of my summer might be on the road.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are still planning on doing this trip. Who's in for sure?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I really really hope to!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nearly sure. Does that count? Have one last calendar check...should know by midweek this week,

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Getting mad at boat wiring but had a great thought while sleeping... i think i crossed wires from one sub to the other on the monoblock amp.
Then it's pull boat out, finish the snap on cover, clean it up and start my season! Hopefully very soon!

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I think I'm in as well.... You guys know that it's the same weekend they are running the first ever America's Cup race on the Great Lakes in Chicago right? It's probably gonna make getting to the river entrance pretty tough

http://acws-chicago.americascup.com/

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think I'm in as well.... You guys know that it's the same weekend they are running the first ever America's Cup race on the Great Lakes in Chicago right? It's probably gonna make getting to the river entrance pretty tough

http://acws-chicago.americascup.com/
Well then.

Half loop?
Go up to Chicago and turn around?
Put in at Hammond and watch some blow boaters?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Orrrr we go out and watch the air show at 11ish then watch the boat races?
Or we take Cedar Lake by storm?
Portage boaters beach?

I am going to assume due to the course being around navy pier the locks will stay closed other than essential craft.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BryanW
Thanks for the update on the busy weekend. My family is probably not gonna do the loop cruise with the Americas cups race.

@Speedling
Would like to meet up at portage beach at some point, have some friends who live in portage I need to get out on the boat this year