• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LOOK OUT YAMAHA, HERE COMES SCARAB

Yeah....not sure I'd ever pay 175K for an open bow runabout. I just don't need that kind of space. If I was in that price point, I'd be moving my boating type to a 30' used cabin cruiser and changing the plan entirely.

Nice looking boat for sure....but not something I need.

And yes, I too hate too many screens (lack of hard buttons) and lack of clean out ports.

Yeah... nice looking and all. But for $175k, you have a lot of boating options to consider.

$175k for a trailerable jetboat! I think not! Cool looking boat though, but not that cool. Isn't that more then a really nice wakeboat? Like @Julian said already, at that price point you have a ton of options for a used cabin cruiser with a/c, heat, a head, and sleeping space.

$175k for a trailerable jetboat! I think not! Cool looking boat though, but not that cool. Isn't that more then a really nice wakeboat? Like @Julian said already, at that price point you have a ton of options for a used cabin cruiser with a/c, heat, a head, and sleeping space.
All depends on what you wanna do for fun. Look at go fast boats, big center consoles, big money wake boats, etc. All well into 6 digits and no sleeping abilities, or really any amenities. Different strokes for different folks. If I was to win the lottery tomorrow I'd be shopping for one of those 200k wake boats, but not a cabin cruiser. I could get my wife on a wake boat to tow me around and surf easily. Not so much cruise to the bahamas and float around for several days. I'd love it, but not her thing.

Am I the only one that doesnt' want touchscreen controls for everything? Am I a luddite in that regard? I feel like some "non-screen" buttons are important to have to operate mission critical devices like bilge pumps, and lights. Sure the stereo and the LED's are no big deal, but it feels like some of that stuff should be on physical switches. Dunno. Maybe it's just me.

Same here. Tbh I don't even want a touch screen for the stereo. Give me a volume knob please.

Also, that doesn't look like a 28' boat. It looks way smaller than that, like 23'.

Smart of them to try to move upmarket relative to Yamaha in jets. Its a niche right sized for them and affords the margin a smaller player needs.
Competent competition is going to be good for all of us if they can execute well.

Someone please buy Vance a thesaurus for Christmas.

Smart of them to try to move upmarket relative to Yamaha in jets. Its a niche right sized for them and affords the margin a smaller player needs.
Competent competition is going to be good for all of us if they can execute well.

Someone please buy Vance a thesaurus for Christmas.

A thesaurus and perhaps the owners manual to read.. its kind of an important deal that the engines are fresh water cooled, and the flush ports are only for the exhaust system.

Have a problem with your boat, all you need to do is hit Ctrl-Alt-Del. (Sorry old tech guy bad joke)

"No keyboard detected, press F1 to continue". - old PC BIOS boot warning

When the Manufacturers, including Yamaha, can make their electronics waterproof like my Samsung Note 9 and 20, which can function in and under water (even salt), I'll be 100% sold on the electronic touch stuff. As for the Scarab, it will only make Yamaha continue to improve and innovate.

All the marine touchscreen gps/chartplotter/fish finders dont fail. My simrad is high quality compared to the factory touch screens. So it can be done but like a lot of crap produced these days there is a thing called "planned obsolescence "

All the marine touchscreen gps/chartplotter/fish finders dont fail. My simrad is high quality compared to the factory touch screens. So it can be done but like a lot of crap produced these days there is a thing called "planned obsolescence "

This, and they're stupid cheap compared to what the manufacturers charge. My simrad dies and I can go pick up a new one 20 minutes away for a few hundred bucks. Aren't the Yamaha screens something stupid like $4-5K?

Everything should be NMEA standard, IMO.

Back