• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Merry Christmas! What did you get?

I’m looking forward to gifting all of my friends later today! Hopefully I will put a few surprised and delighted looks on those faces!

Merry Christmas to you all! Thank you for a wonderful year of Yamaha jet boating!

I got WetSounds...

attachment - 2022-12-23T203055.635.jpg

Striker Vivid 7SV and Transducer with the Garmin Cover (optional). Also got my first RAM mount. Shocked at how heavy and well built the RAM mount is built. Need to do my oil change and spark plug change, hopefully can get everything mounted and Active Captain set up at the same time.C45D406A-6447-4D35-9B0D-F281B6A44A66.jpeg

One year pass to Regal Theaters for my wife and me! (Regal Unlimited)

Adding the family gift along side my Garmin. Our 9wk old German Shepherd Stella.
3D2A32A3-21FD-4571-8C43-2054E465EA48.jpeg

Officially got the wakemakers ballast kit for the 212. Install starts Wednesday. I don't think we'll get it finished in a day, but we shall see. The guinea pig, unfortunately. I don't wanna wait until spring as we have pollen season from March-May. If I keep the boat out longer than 5 mins I'll have to clean the whole interior as it'll be covered in pollen.
IMG_20221225_183211446.jpg

The only thing that is boat related that I got was a class to design/build my own wake surf board. There is a company in MN that holds DIY classes for SUPs, skateboards and surfboards, it's 4 nights in their shop to build the board and at the end I come home with it. Really excited to design and build it, now I have a few months come up with some sort of cool design!

Last edited:
Our gifts to each other were fishing centric. She recieved a Garmin castable sonar and a Garmin striker vivid 5 ice bundle. I recieved a shanty, 8” auger, heater and other fishing stuff.

CADC49CA-3F3E-4F19-AE10-BD24B5BC81B5.jpeg

The Garmin striker 5 will also be used while dinghy fishing, with a different transducer.

Last edited:
Have not pulled the trigger but this $7500 discount on Tesla Model 3 has my trigger finger feeling good. Hmmmmm......

Our gifts to each other were fishing centric. She recieved a Garmin castable sonar and a Garmin striker vivid 5 ice bundle. I recieved a shanty, 8” auger, heater and other fishing stuff.

View attachment 192312
View attachment 192313
The Garmin striker 5 will also be used while dinghy fishing, with a different transducer.
Love it! But if I ever give my wife a fish-related gift, it had better look like this...

1672075869287.jpeg

Love it! But if I ever give my wife a fish-related gift, it had better look like this...

View attachment 192314

I get it, but I try not to talk her out of what she put on her list. Worked well for her last 35 lists. The Whaler came about due to her wanting to fish on something bigger than the dinghy. Now all that can change if she crosses the line and asks for a Big Mouth Billy Bass. ;)

Last edited:
Gave all the guys a set of three Gerber knives, and gave all the women $50 gift certificates to Ulta.. gave the 20 somethings $50 gift certificates to Scheels…and I gave my main fishing partner a set of Frogg Togg insulated rain gear. Everyone was stoked! So I’d call that a huge win! I did receive a small box of see’s candy, a freaking heavy duty folding knife from True that has a pair of burly scissors that will live on the dash of the boat, and a nice assortment of all of the Headbanger smaller crank baits.

This was the dessert spread after a fillet mignon dinner. There was also baked potatoes, and toasted bread with a homemade version of Clearman’s Steak House garlic butter spread, baked beans, hors d’oeuvres galore…my favorite being roast beef on toasted crackers with horseradish, I brought a case of preseco as well.. just a fantastic holiday meal with lots of great conversation and laughter. Wish I would have had room to try those cup cakes! I did bring home a big bag of ginger cookies and fudge though…

3E0AE4DB-3C13-432A-AD12-A34175E13628.jpeg

Breaking in the new grill/ griddle with some dogs and brats.
7947F6C6-E9D6-4A47-AE92-B419E1BEDB46.jpeg

Back