• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pickup date set. Looking for advice

Jetboat_Johnny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi all,

I held my new 195s at the dealership over the winter as it wasn’t delivered until December. Anyways, I scheduled my pickup for 3/31 and the dealer is getting ready to prep my boat for me. I asked for an upgraded bow roller and trailer guides, thanks to what I read on this forum. I got my cobra jet steering system. I just wanted to know, os there any extras you all would recommend that the dealer could just do while he preps the boat so I don’t have to deal with it later?
As always thanks for any advice.

Dual batteries with switch! Then you’ll be ready for that nice sound system upgrade eventually! ?

Dual batteries with switch! Then you’ll be ready for that nice sound system upgrade eventually! ?
If you go this route, make sure you are very specific about what you want and where you want it placed. Otherwise I guarantee it won't be exactly what you expected

Also I would double check the installs and everything else on the boat when you pick it up. They are about to get busy and you noticing something in a few weeks will most likely not get a quick service call.

Last edited:
In the FAQ section there is a list of things to check for when picking up a new boat or a used one.

As far as a second battery goes my suggestion would be to have your dealer use the OEM BEP marine battery switch that’s used in the boats that come with two batteries. The install should be clean as well.

Make sure you get the shipping cover and haggle on getting a premium mooring cover if you want one. My dealer wanted like $900 for one. I told him I could get it online for like $650 and they matched the price.

Go over EVERYTHING with a fine tooth comb. And don’t be shy…They left off my driver side foot seadeck - still waiting that was may 2020. Check for frayed cable on the trailer emergency breakaway cable. Several of us had that issue.

and full tank gas :)

Back