• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help support a fellow boating family!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your vote helps a boating dad and mom potentially subsidize part of their baby girl's wedding and hopefully still be able to pay for boat gas next summer. :wideyed: Plus its just a darn cute photo if I do say so myself. :D

Please click the link, scroll down, and you should be able to vote! Have your spouse vote, your kids vote, and your dog vote (if they have an e-mail address). One vote per e-mail address, so you can vote multiple times if you have multiple addresses. 007 and Mrs. 007 way, way, way appreciate your support (and so do Grant and Bethany)!

http://stltoday.secondstreetapp.com/Cake-Dive-2017/gallery/66639993/

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Done!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your vote helps a boating dad and mom potentially subsidize part of their baby girl's wedding and hopefully still be able to pay for boat gas next summer. :wideyed: Plus its just a darn cute photo if I do say so myself. :D

Please click the link, scroll down, and you should be able to vote! Have your spouse vote, your kids vote, and your dog vote (if they have an e-mail address). One vote per e-mail address, so you can vote multiple times if you have multiple addresses. 007 and Mrs. 007 way, way, way appreciate your support (and so do Grant and Bethany)!

http://stltoday.secondstreetapp.com/Cake-Dive-2017/gallery/66639993/

Voted. Good luck to you and congrats!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I sat Kyle and Julie down 3-4 years ago and told them "$3000...that's it. That is your budget from this house"
It wasn't an extravagant wedding but it was nice. My suggestion is to create a limit. Make them feel the pain of compromise and value. It will be a good life experience for them.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sat Kyle and Julie down 3-4 years ago and told them "$3000...that's it. That is your budget from this house"
It wasn't an extravagant wedding but it was nice. My suggestion is to create a limit. Make them feel the pain of compromise and value. It will be a good life experience for them.
I agree, our youngest Daughter will be getting Married down the road, right now her and her boyfriend own a home together, they both make great money - so my Wife and I are going to say here is X Amount towards your wedding. I have a hard time paying for a wedding when they already live together, own a home, and make 100K a year between the two of them.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All good suggestions @buckbuck and @AZDANSX230HO , that is ground we have already covered as a family. The line about still paying for boat gas was tongue in cheek because we all have life events to pay for. I still would love to see them win! How fun would that be?

Thank you for your votes!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Voted via both of my emails, Good Luck!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Voted!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree, our youngest Daughter will be getting Married down the road, right now her and her boyfriend own a home together, they both make great money - so my Wife and I are going to say here is X Amount towards your wedding. I have a hard time paying for a wedding when they already live together, own a home, and make 100K a year between the two of them.
I told both my daughter's that if they decide to live with somebody before they marry, that was their choice because they were adults. And I would support them! However, if they were independent enough and old enough to play house before the marriage then they were independent enough and old enough to pay for their own weddings. As a result, I paid for 2 very expensive weddings. ..way more than enough to buy a new Yamaha 242! BUT, I am glad they waited, the weddings were wonderful, and I don't regret one penny that I spent!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Done

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I told both my daughter's that if they decide to live with somebody before they marry, that was their choice because they were adults. And I would support them! However, if they were independent enough and old enough to play house before the marriage then they were independent enough and old enough to pay for their own weddings. As a result, I paid for 2 very expensive weddings. ..way more than enough to buy a new Yamaha 242! BUT, I am glad they waited, the weddings were wonderful, and I don't regret one penny that I spent!
I had the same talk with both of my Daughters, unfortunately they both decided to not follow our rules and values, kids these days want to test drive for awhile before getting married. Our oldest Daughter had a courthouse get married quick wedding, so that cost us nothing - our youngest Daughter wants a big wedding, we have decided we will give them 5k towards it, but not paying for the whole thing.

My Wife and I were engaged for a year before we got married, our biggest dream after getting married was to wake up next to each other. What happened to traditional values?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had the same talk with both of my Daughters, unfortunately they both decided to not follow our rules and values, kids these days want to test drive for awhile before getting married. Our oldest Daughter had a courthouse get married quick wedding, so that cost us nothing - our youngest Daughter wants a big wedding, we have decided we will give them 5k towards it, but not paying for the whole thing.

My Wife and I were engaged for a year before we got married, our biggest dream after getting married was to wake up next to each other. What happened to traditional values?
I am still old school and so far they have lived up to it!

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make