• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reliability of new voting machines questioned-Associated Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am moderating the forum. When he doesn't understand the purpose of a forum area - I'm forced to explain it. Do you need help too? Perhaps you could stick to the topic and provide some relevant input vs further stiring things up (your last 7 replies are off topic...perhaps I'm missing something?)
I need no help at all, do you? Exlpaining policy and inputting your 2 cents about the topic that you dont care to discuss are 2 different things. My last 7...now 8 have been in response to you bigshot forum moderators trashing someone for posting something that doesnt violate policy just because it has nothing to do with a boat

I am moderating the forum. When he doesn't understand the purpose of a forum area
Because apparently you do need the help...

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I need no help at all, do you? Exlpaining policy and inputting your 2 cents about the topic that you dont care to discuss are 2 different things. My last 7...now 8 have been in response to you bigshot forum moderators trashing someone for posting something that doesnt violate policy just because it has nothing to do with a boat
How about you follow your own guidance and go read another thread or get back on topic on this one? Thank you for making moderation such a joy.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How about you follow your own guidance and go read another thread or get back on topic on this one? Thank you for making moderation such a joy.
Because I like the information Im getting from this thread...minus all the whining you guys are doing so I will just stay here.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Paying for something doesn't make you automatically right nor does it give you the right to shit on someone else who has done nothing against the policy just because you don't want to talk about the subject they post about.
Hey I understand your thoughts, but you also have to play by the rules of the house that you are in. Personally I understand @Julian and @Bruce worries. They just do not want this to snowball.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is quite informative regarding the false pretext of this thread.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
This is quite informative regarding the false pretext of this thread.

1.State that you refute all the findings of the Associated Press Article I posted at the beginning of this thread..

2. State that your refute all the findings of the letter Senator Warren brought up, including the example she shared of votes being changed and her questions about who is funding these companies....yes she was wanting to raise awareness for funding, but she also gave reasons why they are concerned......she sure brought up some concerning issues and questions to me.

3. There is NO federal oversight of these systems. Did you know that before I started this thread??? Not concerning at all?? How can ANY government office claim ANYTHING when they are not even directly involved in the set-up, security or oversight of these systems, yet you think they just “magically” know everything, because they told you so???

4. State that you are refuting that (2) states have made the decision to NOT use these systems because of serious concerns.

If you are not willing to read what I posted, and refute what the article (s) stated, then please quit posting your nonsense......not one of your postings have any concrete facts, or forensic investigation results To counter what my topic is about.....they are just opinion, spin, and frankly the most Humerous part is that one of your post is from the group that will face serious consequences IF serious issues are found.....there is NOTHING in that statement other then them telling people to “move along people there is NOTHING to see here”.......and the other post is from the company involved saying “our systems are safe and accurate...honest, they really are”!!!!!

So next you are going to post a statement That “Japan says they didn’t bomb Pearl Harbor” and that is good enough for you?? Seriously, you post a statement from Dominion and you think that makes it acceptable to use these systems in the future why?????? Because they told you so??? Really??? So we should just continue to use these systems in future elections because they told you they are safe???? They can say there is “no evidence” because they won’t let a third party look......How about they stand behind their statement and invite a forensic study.....you know, the old “nothing to hide” come and look?????

I am a member in good standing, I haven’t broken any rules and I have shared information from “legitimate sources” that are concerning.......you are the one now highjacking my thread with one-sided propaganda.....no facts, no proof, no third party certifications.......

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1.State that you refute all the findings of the Associated Press Article I posted at the beginning of this thread..

2. State that your refute all the findings of the letter Senator Warren brought up, including the example she shared of votes being changed and her questions about who is funding these companies....yes she was wanting to raise awareness for funding, but she also gave reasons why they are concerned......she sure brought up some concerning issues and questions to me.

3. There is NO federal oversight of these systems. Did you know that before I started this thread??? Not concerning at all?? How can ANY government office claim ANYTHING when they are not even directly involved in the set-up, security or oversight of these systems, yet you think they just “magically” know everything, because they told you so???

4. State that you are refuting that (2) states have made the decision to NOT use these systems because of serious concerns.

If you are not willing to read what I posted, and refute what the article (s) stated, then please quit posting your nonsense......not one of your postings have any concrete facts, or forensic investigation results To counter what my topic is about.....they are just opinion, spin, and frankly the most Humerous part is that one of your post is from the group that will face serious consequences IF serious issues are found.....there is NOTHING in that statement other then them telling people to “move along people there is NOTHING to see here”.......and the other post is from the company involved saying “our systems are safe and accurate...honest, they really are”!!!!!

So next you are going to post a statement That “Japan says they didn’t bomb Pearl Harbor” and that is good enough for you?? Seriously, you post a statement from Dominion and you think that makes it acceptable to use these systems in the future why?????? Because they told you so??? Really??? So we should just continue to use these systems in future elections because they told you they are safe???? They can say there is “no evidence” because they won’t let a third party look......How about they stand behind their statement and invite a forensic study.....you know, the old “nothing to hide” come and look?????

I am a member in good standing, I haven’t broken any rules and I have shared information from “legitimate sources” that are concerning.......you are the one now highjacking my thread with one-sided propaganda.....no facts, no proof, no third party certifications.......
I know I will get reprimanded by admin for this... but this thread is BULLSHIT. Clearly this tag team is dancing on the edge of the forum rules and regulations, Coming here under the guise of looking for information about boats. You have just joined us in the last few months and have spewed the most dividing, I say again, Bullshit that I have read since I joined. I don't want to hear again about your "off topic" rights. I have PM'ed others about not responding to this thread and letting it die. I cannot believe you feel you can give the admin that kind of crap that you are giving. I tried to stay out of this by ignoring it until page 10. But this has a clearly political facet. Too bad, I have never felt the need for this in 4.5 years, But I am done now, I will not respond on this thread again. Stick a fork in it...

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would instead like to find where we have found common ground.

Experts claim the machines can be hacked...the challenge is the knowledge and control over the machines that is needed. Further, even IF the machines were hacked, the paper controls in place will show the machines counted accurately. (Or not)

We are so far apart because the article on how the machines are SO vulnerable, they still provide enough security that any suspect activity would be detectable. Don't get on the car because someone might have cut the brake lines...well, we have a light if the brake lines were cut, who tries to cut the brake line anyway? Most are not gravely concerned about this potential problem. Instead they see other problems that can cause accidents that you are not including in the scope (distracted driving, mechanical faults) that you exclude from the scope, (since you opened the thread you pick the topic right?)

Others are not getting great enjoyment of the discussion here, and I don't want to further contribute to what appears to be causing some great division and concern on this board. I enjoy using this board very much, and with the intent of not pooping where I eat, I will stop participating with this message.

I do think it's a shame it's taboo to have thoughtful high level discussion on uncomfortable topics (not just here, but in general discussing politics or religion is seen as bad form, so in the world of safe spaces we are losing platforms for actual interaction between opposing views that might actually lead to growth and opinion changing)

I leave you with my last question, which I asked in my previous reply and you did not answer. I will ask it again:

Loaded question:
Do you agree that for these machines the paper trail can be re-examined to re-create the count based on what humans could read at voting time in their ballot?

(I think the answer is yes, and thus the concern on the security of the machine is pretty much an non-issue in this go around. It's simple: Machine writes the name of the selection in a human readable form and the voter inspected it before depositing the paper in the box. These papers will be counted by a human, thus the machine was turned into a printer of the voters option, and can't possibly change the voter's choice. So, the machine has been turned into a glorified ballot printer that the user examines before depositing on the box, and no security would be needed or required, and any hacking would be pointless and fruitless.)

Have a great evening. I hope you continue your research with an open mind and find what you seek.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Enduro900 (Louis), why did you bring this discussion to a boating forum instead of posting it on the Turbo Dodge forum where you are a moderator?

Adding to that question why not find another boating forum to play your games?

Or perhaps there is a forum for voting machine obsession somewhere?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would instead like to find where we have found common ground.

Experts claim the machines can be hacked...the challenge is the knowledge and control over the machines that is needed. Further, even IF the machines were hacked, the paper controls in place will show the machines counted accurately. (Or not)

We are so far apart because the article on how the machines are SO vulnerable, they still provide enough security that any suspect activity would be detectable. Don't get on the car because someone might have cut the brake lines...well, we have a light if the brake lines were cut, who tries to cut the brake line anyway? Most are not gravely concerned about this potential problem. Instead they see other problems that can cause accidents that you are not including in the scope (distracted driving, mechanical faults) that you exclude from the scope, (since you opened the thread you pick the topic right?)

Others are not getting great enjoyment of the discussion here, and I don't want to further contribute to what appears to be causing some great division and concern on this board. I enjoy using this board very much, and with the intent of not pooping where I eat, I will stop participating with this message.

I do think it's a shame it's taboo to have thoughtful high level discussion on uncomfortable topics (not just here, but in general discussing politics or religion is seen as bad form, so in the world of safe spaces we are losing platforms for actual interaction between opposing views that might actually lead to growth and opinion changing)

I leave you with my last question, which I asked in my previous reply and you did not answer. I will ask it again:

Loaded question:
Do you agree that for these machines the paper trail can be re-examined to re-create the count based on what humans could read at voting time in their ballot?

(I think the answer is yes, and thus the concern on the security of the machine is pretty much an non-issue in this go around. It's simple: Machine writes the name of the selection in a human readable form and the voter inspected it before depositing the paper in the box. These papers will be counted by a human, thus the machine was turned into a printer of the voters option, and can't possibly change the voter's choice. So, the machine has been turned into a glorified ballot printer that the user examines before depositing on the box, and no security would be needed or required, and any hacking would be pointless and fruitless.)

Have a great evening. I hope you continue your research with an open mind and find what you seek.
Perhaps take an approach similar to Ohio? As you have said, it’s a multifaceted problem.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Enduro900 (Louis), why did you bring this discussion to a boating forum instead of posting it on the Turbo Dodge forum where you are a moderator?

Adding to that question why not find another boating forum to play your games?

Or perhaps there is a forum for voting machine obsession somewhere?
Who are you, detective Cousteau????

so I call you out for posting jibberish on MY thread, and you make some silly accusation that has no bearing on this discussion, and isn’t true? Feeling more foolish now aren’t you??

since you haven’t added anything worthwhile, how about you just move along .....no I am not a moderator on any sites.....my user name is a powersports product Einstein...........or should I call you peter (sellers)?

And I like this boating forum because none of the others have 500 threads on which steering fin to buy......

So how many more ‘tolerant’ people are going to tell me to leave just for posting a non-political story from the Associated press?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I know I will get reprimanded by admin for this... but this thread is BULLSHIT. Clearly this tag team is dancing on the edge of the forum rules and regulations, Coming here under the guise of looking for information about boats. You have just joined us in the last few months and have spewed the most dividing, I say again, Bullshit that I have read since I joined. I don't want to hear again about your "off topic" rights. I have PM'ed others about not responding to this thread and letting it die. I cannot believe you feel you can give the admin that kind of crap that you are giving. I tried to stay out of this by ignoring it. But this has a clearly political facet. Too bad, I have never felt the need for this in 4.5 years, But I am done now, I will not respond on this thread again. Stick a fork in it...
It is funny how you guys get so enraged, insulting, and condescending when the other 70% are having a respectful, non-partisan discussion.

your group attacked me, as if I am spreading ‘conspiracy theories”, and then so far you haven’t gotten your way, you come on here and insult me some more personally? Then some ‘block’ others for chiming in??

hey mods, are personal attacks ok on this site? So a questionable non-boating topic (apparently) makes it ok for numerous people to attack me personally???

good grief, grow up......

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I lied...Your attitude sucks. Voting machines are for what? Helping voters elect politicians. Thats politics. Not here, even on YOUR thread. Oh, and saying what you just did to @Bruce is unacceptable to me and I am sure most here. 70%? LOL.

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Loaded question:
Sorry, I thought I answered this earlier, but yes I do. It seems that was the main concern of the AP article, so yes, if the QR code/bar code had a way to confirm the correct vote somehow would be a better way.

If nothing else, lets hope there is a louder voice this time around to do something.....Again, for FUTURE elections (not directed at you, but some others)....

And no, I am not a Russian troll trying to spread disinformation on a boater forum...........

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I lied...Your attitude sucks. Voting machines are for what? Helping voters elect politicians. Thats politics. Not here, even on YOUR thread. Oh, and saying what you just to @Bruce is unacceptable to me an I am sure most here.
But Bruce insulting me is OK, right???

Its amazing how a few are stirring the pot....and really have no reason to even be involved.....now I’m waiting for you to stomp your feet some more......

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But Bruce insulting me is OK, right???

Its amazing how a few are stirring the pot....and really have no reason to even be involved.....now I’m waiting for you to stomp your feet some more......
I believe you have presented all the evidence that you can under this false pretense.

@Administrative has been quite lenient with you so far.

Do you want to use our forum for on topic discussion or is your sole purpose to pollute with this type of content and the negative discussion that ensues.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there some way to work being pedantic into the guidelines? I realize it may come to bite me in the ass, but I would be too far down the discussion to be able to fairly assess myself, so...

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I believe you have presented all the evidence that you can under this false pretense.

@Administrative has been quite lenient with you so far.

Do you want to use our forum for on topic discussion or is your sole purpose to pollute with this type of content and the negative discussion that ensues.
Bruce, you send me a private message, and then you come on here publicly to shame me?

Nice to see your character.....how about you apologize publicly for accusing me of being some mod you had problems with on another site, which is 100% untrue.........

There is no false pretense here.....apparently you and others are afraid of this topic and what it could uncover.......you guys are so afraid you don’t even what future true investigations of these systems......i for one hope there is serious senate hearings and governing laws introduced, with oversight of these companies.....

I asked you to refute all that i wrote, and instead you just continue to hurl insults.......

As i said in our pm exchange, i didn’t come on here to stir the pot, and said to prove it I’ll stop posting ......how about you prove your end and stop attacking my character over posting an Associated Press article, which i doubt you even read with an open mind.......

And for the 6,894th time, i do not believe this election will be overturned, my intentions were to post an interesting story about the risks of using certain types of voting machines......or of course maybe i am a Russian troll.......good grief.....

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce, you send me a private message, and then you come on here publicly to shame me?

Nice to see your character.....how about you apologize publicly for accusing me of being some mod you had problems with on another site, which is 100% untrue.........

There is no false pretense here.....apparently you and others are afraid of this topic and what it could uncover.......you guys are so afraid you don’t even what future true investigations of these systems......i for one hope there is serious senate hearings and governing laws introduced, with oversight of these companies.....

I asked you to refute all that i wrote, and instead you just continue to hurl insults.......

As i said in our pm exchange, i didn’t come on here to stir the pot, and said to prove it I’ll stop posting ......how about you prove your end and stop attacking my character over posting an Associated Press article, which i doubt you even read with an open mind.......

And for the 6,894th time, i do not believe this election will be overturned, my intentions were to post an interesting story about the risks of using certain types of voting machines......or of course maybe i am a Russian troll.......good grief.....
Hey bub, how about playing the long game. Take a step back and realize this is a boating forum. This boating forum is very helpful, and its impossible to get help when you need it if you have annoyed everyone on the forum and they have you on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.