• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 31th to August 2nd 2015

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We r booked. Lincoln log 5 again. May even make an earlier trip this year just because!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
- we're planning on being there this year. Looking at a houseboat rental for the weekend instead of the resort. Planning on bringing 10+ people again. We sure did miss it this year. We were in a wedding at Disney that same weekend. Looking forward to a great time.
We had the same idea and we tried to book one while we were there for next year and they were already booked :(

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So here we are again. It's cold outside. Some snow on the ground. Darkness sets much too early each day. There are no leaves on the trees. The grass is brown. Neighbors are in hibernation. The neighborhood streets are vacant except the occasional comings and goings.

While the previously discussed is extremely sad and depressing, there is a bright side..............We get to talk about and plan the Annual Gathering! So here we go!

Midwest Boaters and All forum members, please join us at Lake Shelbyville, IL (www.lakeshelbyville.com) for the 8th Annual Midwest Boaters Gathering! The official dates are Friday, July 31th to Sunday August 2nd, 2015. However, most people choose to come early and some even leave late. Last year, @Julian was our earliest arrival, arriving on Tuesday from North Carolina. Most of the St. Louis group stayed through Monday. We even had a surprise when @Scottintexas arrived with his daughters. It is amazing that this little weekend get together in 2008 with 4 boats has grown to such a wonderful event (last year 26 boats, 110 people).

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( http://www.lithiaresort.com/ ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (http://www.lithiamarina.com/ ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend. Below are the participants that have already commited to the trip and the ones that are tentative. Let us know by responding to this post, if you are planning on attending. We will keep this first post updated with each persons details:

Below is the list of confirmed and booked attendees that I can gather from posts. I am sure more have booked, so please let me know:

1. @OperationROL.....2015 242 LS Grey.........Lithia Main Cabin.....Wednesday - Sunday
2. @JCampbell.............2007 AR230 Orange.....Lithia Main Cabin....Wednesday - Sunday
3. @007.......................2015 Tige Z3 Orange.....Lithia Main Cabin....Wednesday - Sunday
4. @jcyamaharider.....2008 AR230 Orange...Lithia Motel #5..........Thursday - Monday
5. @mattschepker.......2011 SX210 Blue.........Lithia Motel #9.............Thursday - Sunday
6. @Steve & Heidi......2011 242L Blue.............Lithia Blue Spruce Log Cabin #3.........Wednesday - Sunday
7. @sstegh.................2014 Limited S Red...........Lithia Motel #7...........Wednesday - Monday
8. @jaybro72...............2013 SX190 Blue..........Lithia Motel ??? - cancelled
9. @Boat Crazy..............2010 AR240 Red..........Lithia Motel #12...........Thursday - Sunday
10. @sx210owner/wife...2008 SX210 Blue........Lithia Motel #8..........Thursday - Monday
11. @BAC.94...................2011 Limited S Black....Lithia Lincoln Log #6..........Wednesday - Sunday - cancelled
12. @Justin G................2013 SX230........ Lithia Motel #11...........Thursday - Sunday
13. @pumps and hose...2013 SX210..........Lincoln Log #5..........Thursday - Sunday
14. @Impelled.............2006 SX230 Red...........Lithia Motel #10........Thursday - Sunday
15. @Sheboat................2007 SX230 Tan...........Lithia Motel #1 .............Thursday - Sunday
16. @RampRage...........2011 SX210 Blue...........Lithia Duck Cabin...........Thursday - Sunday
17. @RxH2O ........Chap Sunesta 262 Black...Lithia Motel #3.........Wednesday - Sunday
18. @RiverRat..........2014 AR192 Blue..........Lithia Offsite Cabin........Thursday - Sunday
19. @Wake08...............2011 MCraft X25 Blue....Gregory's Motel..........Wednesday - Sunday
20. @MutherTucker......2004 AR230 Black........Her own House........Everyday!
21. @trace...................2015 Tige Z1 Blue.............Lithia Motel #4............Monday - Sunday
22. @bobbie ..................2014 212X ?????.............Lithia Motel #6.............Thursday - Sunday
23. @Speedling.............2008 212SS Red..........Lithia Springs Campground #116............Thursday - Sunday
24. @scot71.............2004 SX230 Blue..........Lithia Springs Campground #100............Friday - Sunday
25. @JC6275.................2001 LS2000...............Lithia Offsite Cabin #4..................Thursday - Sunday
26. @Nathan Bryant....2012 AR240 Red..........Deer Cabin............Thursday - Sunday
27. @buckbuck.............2008 212x Black........... Cedar Cabin.......Wednesday - Sunday
28. @ZIRB3L....2003 Super Air Nautique 210.......... Campground.........Friday - Sunday
29. Craig V.(Friend of Speedling)...?? Tige White..............Campground...............Friday - Sunday
30. @Aaron Stammet.......2011 AR210 Black..............Lithia Lincoln Log #6..........Thursday - Sunday
31. Nate Bavolek (Friend of MutherTucker)..2015 Tige white w/ black....Bed & Breakfast........Friday - Sunday
32. @GTBRMC .......2008 SX230 ...........................Lithia Offsite Cabin #3......................Friday - Sunday
33. Bill W (Brother of Sheboat).................????????????....................Lithia Motel #2..............Thursday - Sunday
34. @mariahz302 ..... 2000 Mariah Z302 White.......Campground #48 ...............Thursday - Sunday
35. Lee M. (Friend of MutherTucker)...2014 SX210......................Own House..................?????????
36. @Bruce Thurs - ? 2007 SX230
Neal, I will be attending this event too!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just curious about everyone's lodging situation here. It seems like all the previous years boaters are staying in the cabins and have been making reservations either after last years trip or by now. Does anyone go camping during this big gathering? The camp ground and Marina are closed and will not let you book/reserve until 6 months out or March 1st! Just trying to fit in and mingle with everybody!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I went camping last year. Actually pretty nice campgrounds and I say that after camping at LEAST once a year and have been all across the eastern half of the country. We had full hookups on our spot which was awesome as well. Only problem was that our air conditioning went out and it was a HOT week so we all really got burnt out and some of us had heat sickness. Ok, actually, I was the only one of my group that didn't get it at one point or another and i think that is due to me working outside all day every day. It was very frustrating for sure. We still do'nt know exactly what we are going to do and are looking at either a whole new AC unit (1200 just parts) when the camper is worth 2 grand, or buying a new camper. Those things just don't have the resale that a Yamaha does!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, I was looking at the different camp sites and trying to figure things out. I don't have a camper so I will be sleeping on the boat after I design a new tent cover and a camping site with a tent. Hopefully, not too hot out there!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If Lithia fills up, Gregory's motel is an option and is really close. Actually closer to the party then some of the cabins at Lithia.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@shane hric, we camped last year (actually right across from @Speedling). We tent camp and thought it was a very nice campground. There are plenty of opportunities for mingling so don't let that stop you from camping.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The group congregates at the resort, but it's within walking distance if you are mobile. I've camped at that campground a couple of time, it's a nice place!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We camped the first year we went and was great only draw back to tent camping was no frig for storing food so we packed simple and ate lunch at subway that was located right in the marina. Then went to town for all our dinners. But the campground is right down the road very very close to lithia.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The main reason I was asking about the camping situation was the swimming and boat anchor locations are across the lake at Possum Creek. They have the sites where you can anchor, sandy beach to swim and my dog can come too. I wasn't sure if I should look to camp there or where at so we would be close to all the events. Since it's my first Shelbyville event...I don't want to miss out!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Shane, are you gonna just be wife and daughter or are you bringing others? I would highly recommend the cabins at Lithia. Almost as close as the campground to the boat launch, and as soon as you are out the launch the beach is right across the way. We all raft up pretty quickly and while there may not be sandy beach in that area, the dog will have a fun time running around. I doubt any of the kids would mind having a dog in the water either! You do what you're most comfortable with, but unless you plan on anchoring next to the campground, both places are very close to the boat launch.
Also, you could get a slip at Lithia Marina and make it even easier on yourself as well.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, I was looking at the different camp sites and trying to figure things out. I don't have a camper so I will be sleeping on the boat after I design a new tent cover and a camping site with a tent. Hopefully, not too hot out there!
You're on the list! On January 1 or so, I will start the post for the 2016 event.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
TRYING to book something but they just aren't answering the phones over there!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@OperationROL, When are you guys going to create a 2016 thread so I can put it on the calendar?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I came across this video on YouTube, it looks like we may have actually gotten some drone footage of our gathering after all. Right about the 40 second mark, you can see what looks an awful lot like our big tie up!