• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 31th to August 2nd 2015

Yes thanks! Reminded me to get a flag holder ordered. Kept forgetting that.

After reading, Illinois is slightly different from Missouri. Illinois: flag is up from the time the skier gets out of the boat until the time skier gets back in the boat. In Missouri : the flag is displayed only when the skier is actually in the water but not when the skier is up on the skis. Thus skier down flag.

What do you guys buy for the flag?
Guess there's one more thing to add to the list!

In Mo you can buy them anywhere boating supplies are sold to include Walmart. With it being something new to Illinois, suspect it may be harder to find till all businesses catch up on the new requirements. Online is also a good place to buy.

Overtons. Way too expensive if you ask me, but I'm not going to be holding a flag...

Overtons items
13746 Deluxe Watersports Flag
13748 Watersports Flag Holder For Wakeboard Towers

I'm new to the forum and picking up my new used boat next weekend . I have a few buddy's that want to come also and bring there boat's . I'm not sure on what accomindations for a place to stay ? I saw preciously that people booked a year in advance ......

I'm new to the forum and picking up my new used boat next weekend . I have a few buddy's that want to come also and bring there boat's . I'm not sure on what accomindations for a place to stay ? I saw preciously that people booked a year in advance ......

Hey @Aaron Stammet ! We would be delighted to have you join. This event has grown tremendously over the years and every year we are all ready to welcome more boaters! Yes, bring your buddies and their boats. In Shelbyville there are tons of places to stay. Most book a spot at Lithia Resort because that is where the nightly action takes place, but there are many other places within minutes, so hanging out at night will not be an issue. If you have a larger group, it may be advantageous to call Nancy at Lithia Resort (http://www.lithiaresort.com/) and see what they have left. I know they have some lodging a few minutes down the street that are houses that you can rent. I believe they still have a few available. If that is not available, check out @MutherTucker 's site for other lodging options.

For slips you can call Lithia Springs Marina (http://www.lithiamarina.com/). Let them know you are with our group. You will not get a discount but they will try to fit you in, event if you share a house boat spot with another from our group.

Let us know how it goes. If you end up booking, let us know about each boat in your party so we can add it to the list. In a few months, I will be sending out the registration from to gather boat registration information for the raft up as well as other things. You will also be able to get event shirts and more. This is a great event and we certainly hope you and your crews can make it! Keep us posted!

Check page 1 for links to Lithia Resort and Gregory's. Phone #'s should be in those links. Also check page#8. @MutherTucker Posted a link for all other places to stay besides Lithia or Gregory"s. Welcome to a fantastic forum. Not only is this forum a great source of information, it also is a great way to meet friends with the same interests. Congrats on getting your new Toy.

And there will be a bunch of us camping, cmon down!

How do you do a flag without a tower?
Bimini trip stole my tower fund.

Suction cup on side glass of windshield

Lithia Camp ground. We stayed there the first year we went. Very nice and close to everyone else.

Lithia Camp ground. We stayed there the first year we went. Very nice and close to everyone else.[/QUOTE

Awesome ! We are coming ! Just getting a total head count and looking at camping and lodging ... Depending on how many of our group ends up coming . If we camp we will stay at lithia! Haven't been to shelbyville since I was a tike !

Sweet! I added you to the list. Are the other boats still coming?

Sweet! I added you to the list. Are the other boats still coming?
Thank u :) , depending on how big of a group ends up going down w us my buddy might bring his pontoon also . Still working on a head count . I will let you know when I know , which will
Hopefully be soon.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend the Gathering this year due to schedule conflicts. I called Nancy last night to cancel our reservation in Lincoln Log cabin #6, so it is open as of now for anyone looking for a place to stay. Have fun and see you in 2016!

Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend the Gathering this year due to schedule conflicts. I called Nancy last night to cancel our reservation in Lincoln Log cabin #6, so it is open as of now for anyone looking for a place to stay. Have fun and see you in 2016!
Sorry to hear I am actually looking for a place to stay ! I'll call her today , did you have a slip reserved also ?

Sorry to hear that, you guys will be missed.

Back