• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While eating at Costco I started window shopping for a new rv for my soon to be new home. I know bigger isn’t always better but this is the first one I saw, and thought “F Yeah, I’m buying it.”

37E599D4-D26D-4DC5-BE36-293340CC4521.jpeg
when I walked into the next aisle I saw this one and thought “triple F yeah, I’m buying this one instead, an inch bigger for a third of the price”. I plan to mount it in the backyard near my soon to be above ground pool.
C7183697-9C5F-403A-9430-237A7EFD81C8.jpeg
a few minutes ago my wife woke up and whispered in my ear, “happy anniversary, 22 years” before falling back asleep. Now I’m thinking “oh F, I totally forgot about that, what should I get her? Should I get us something since it’s our anniversary?”

after 22 years I’m not dumb enough to buy her a tv or sup so now I’m trying to figure out a way to surprise her with one of these later today.
FDD00D6D-CC89-4BD0-86C9-6CDAE0E0C196.png
B7A85EAB-FD45-497E-B5B1-9329F1B79E35.png
fyi I know she would rather have the silver one but I like the black one, why is God always testing me?

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One is QLED and the other is just basic LED. There is a HUGE difference in PQ and that is why there is a big price difference. If you want good PQ it’s either OLED, QLED or Plasma. I would not waste my money on that LED. The bigger the screen the more important it is to understand the differences because it will be apparent and jarring how bad the PQ would be. I have a 77” Sony OLED that has been a great replacement to my old but tried and true Panny Plasma.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Narrowly avoided this truck tumbling into me from the other side of the highway today. Rolled 5-6 times at 70+mph as I was driving 70+mph towards it. Father and daughter inside were ok, at least externally. Dad was unconscious initially, which was terrifying.

0FA3C147-98D9-4C38-A58E-61A0C9E1FE66.jpeg

This shook me up pretty bad for the rest of the day and made me think about a few things:
- New vehicles are unbelievable despite them seeming rather flimsy and disposable. We had to force the door open to get the driver out and I really expected the worst inside. If they didn’t have the curtain airbags they’d be dead, zero doubt in my mind.
- People are better than I have been giving them credit for. Without being told what to do a bunch of people that were driving up immediately sprung into action and started helping and comforting the injured, directing traffic, cleaning up a truckload of tools that was all over the highway, etc. The scene was basically handled 15 minutes before police ever got there. It was amazing.
- Slow down. I’ve never seen anything so violent in my life and I’ve been in two crashes that totaled vehicles. That truck was flipping over like a beer can in a windstorm. If I saw it in a movie I would think it was ridiculously exaggerated.
- Always watch. If I’d been on my phone or messing with the radio for a second I probably would have hit him where he rolled into my lane. If I was towing the boat there’d have been no chance.
- Secure your cargo no matter what it is. Several power tools that were in the bed ended up inside the cab from the initial impact and were flipping around in the cab with them as they rolled.
- Carry a fire extinguisher. I didn’t have one and I regretted it before I even got out of my car. I don’t even want to think about what would have happened if it caught fire.

I’ll be driving a little more carefully after this one.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
While eating at Costco I started window shopping for a new rv for my soon to be new home. I know bigger isn’t always better but this is the first one I saw, and thought “F Yeah, I’m buying it.”

View attachment 178350
when I walked into the next aisle I saw this one and thought “triple F yeah, I’m buying this one instead, an inch bigger for a third of the price”. I plan to mount it in the backyard near my soon to be above ground pool.
View attachment 178351
a few minutes ago my wife woke up and whispered in my ear, “happy anniversary, 22 years” before falling back asleep. Now I’m thinking “oh F, I totally forgot about that, what should I get her? Should I get us something since it’s our anniversary?”

after 22 years I’m not dumb enough to buy her a tv or sup so now I’m trying to figure out a way to surprise her with one of these later today.
View attachment 178352
View attachment 178353
fyi I know she would rather have the silver one but I like the black one, why is God always testing me?
My wife and I went to BJ's yesterday. I marvelled at the size of the 86" TV on display. I then looked at the relatively small TV's next to it and they were 75"s! Our largest TV is a 65". Realistically, I don't think we could display a TV larger than 75" anywhere in our home.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Narrowly avoided this truck tumbling into me from the other side of the highway today. Rolled 5-6 times at 70+mph as I was driving 70+mph towards it. Father and daughter inside were ok, at least externally. Dad was unconscious initially, which was terrifying.

View attachment 178392

This shook me up pretty bad for the rest of the day and made me think about a few things:
- New vehicles are unbelievable despite them seeming rather flimsy and disposable. We had to force the door open to get the driver out and I really expected the worst inside. If they didn’t have the curtain airbags they’d be dead, zero doubt in my mind.
- People are better than I have been giving them credit for. Without being told what to do a bunch of people that were driving up immediately sprung into action and started helping and comforting the injured, directing traffic, cleaning up a truckload of tools that was all over the highway, etc. The scene was basically handled 15 minutes before police ever got there. It was amazing.
- Slow down. I’ve never seen anything so violent in my life and I’ve been in two crashes that totaled vehicles. That truck was flipping over like a beer can in a windstorm. If I saw it in a movie I would think it was ridiculously exaggerated.
- Always watch. If I’d been on my phone or messing with the radio for a second I probably would have hit him where he rolled into my lane. If I was towing the boat there’d have been no chance.
- Secure your cargo no matter what it is. Several power tools that were in the bed ended up inside the cab from the initial impact and were flipping around in the cab with them as they rolled.
- Carry a fire extinguisher. I didn’t have one and I regretted it before I even got out of my car. I don’t even want to think about what would have happened if it caught fire.

I’ll be driving a little more carefully after this one.
I am glad to hear that everyone appears to be okay.

You give some great advice in the bullets above.

I gotta say that I am really surprised how good that truck looks after rolling 5 or 6 times at such a high speed! The roofline still seems pretty straight and several of the windows are still intact.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Picked up some new wheels yesterday:

jd1.jpeg

It's an entry level mower, but it checks off all the boxes for my 1 acre yard.

Could of got one at the big box home improvement store, but decided to wait the 5 weeks (took a bit longer than expected when I ordered it) for delivery at the local John Deere dealership. Great service at the dealership and the same price as the big box store. Purchased here mostly in case it ever need servicing. Bonus was 9 month 0% financing, free hat and a tank full of gas.

Jim

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm almost done "baselining" the new boat. It was more work than I'd planned for, as she was pretty neglected over three short seasons before becoming mine. But, most heavy lifting has been done.

One of the best mods so far - a reflash of my twin F250s, I used a nizpro tune that claims 332hp. That claim is of course exaggerated when real life results are considered, nevertheless the bump is quite impressive, across the range. First time out today in 95deg heat I was hitting 54mph easily with full tanks, gain of about 4mph, and about 300-400RPM at WOT. Very impressive, but not surprising given the ONLY difference between the new 4.2L F250 and F300s is the ECU programming.
1653167810982.jpeg

I can tell you, riding a 30ft boat with 10ft beam that easily tops 10,000lbs at 50+ mph is something else...

I don't always ride at 50+ but when I do... it feels pretty crazy.
1653167824629.jpeg

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We were at the boat yesterday giving her a good scrub. Cleaning the non skid on deck with Starbrite.

20220521_202529.jpg

While we were there, the unofficial Mayor of Burlington Harbor Marina arrived from a Winter stay in Florida and the Bahamas in his Sabre, up the Canal and Lake from the Hudson. Here he paused in the marina to put on his fenders with the help of Skyhook GPS Anchor .
At that time the wind was blowing 12kts from his starboard quarter. He was single handed. Pretty impressive. No, I did not ask him what it cost to bring the boat up this year. I know what he spent last year coming up.

I also chased down a non working bilge pump issue. The auto pump with a float switch was not working. It ended up being something as simple as the switch had been accidently knocked to the OFF position. :banghead:

20220522_070609.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Started a project for the dinghy yesterday afternoon. Adding a flat floor and a bilge to the dinghy. Makes it easier to stand in versus the pitched hull. There are parallel 16” spaced hull chines that accepts 3/4” plywood very nicely. A couple coats of white Marine paint and some grey anti skid tape and we are in business. The gas tank will also sit flat.

View attachment 177750

View attachment 177753

View attachment 177751

View attachment 177752
Painting the sole (floor) for the dinghy last night.
2F741326-1753-45E4-B3F3-2694A1335F8F.jpeg

And still painting the sole this morning.

E0CE3B7D-D24C-46F1-88E4-A24B24CE8D3D.jpeg

The only difference is time and choice of beverage.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dear @zipper,
You must live in a different "time zone": I've become quite convinced a day in your life equals ~two weeks of mine, adjusted for productivity, lol.
Very Funny. Just makin hay while the sun shines. Wife has a long list of home projects for me this Summer, so I fit in the boat stuff in when I can. You are too kind sir. Back at you with that reflash and more ponies in the water. Lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very Funny. Just makin hay while the sun shines. Wife has a long list of home projects for me this Summer, so I fit in the boat stuff in when I can. You are too kind sir. Back at you with that reflash and more ponies in the water. Lol
Today was a perfect day for a ride in NYC harbor! 90deg and smooth water, beautiful.
1653258788939.jpeg

1653258652051.jpeg

1653258667208.jpeg

1653258735002.jpeg

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am glad to hear that everyone appears to be okay.

You give some great advice in the bullets above.

I gotta say that I am really surprised how good that truck looks after rolling 5 or 6 times at such a high speed! The roofline still seems pretty straight and several of the windows are still intact.

Jim
It was in the air a lot. The other side was gone but I only took the 1 pic. Thats the whole passenger side of the bed that’s pinned under the driver side cab.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Farm chores in the morning. Moving the horses to a different pasture. The gypsy picked up a couple of burdock in her mane that I will have to cut out. The black flies are pestering the quarter horse.

IMG_0814_exported_stabilized_6585013898953897564.gif

IMG_0811_exported_stabilized_8414200722602948467.gif

And then things get a little Dinghy. We went out to the boat, but the wind died. So I finished setting up her reefing lines for big wind. We went for a ride around the Burlington waterfront and ended up at North Beach. Found a section of dog friendly beach to bring them to play and whatever business they might have.

20220523_070137.jpg

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For her upcoming birthday I took my wife to see The Dave Matthews Band on Saturday at The Lakewood Amphitheatre in Atlanta, GA.

Was able to score some pretty decent seats for a somewhat last minute purchase. The second part of her loud birthday experience happens later on in June with Blues Traveler, Jewel, & Train.

🎤 🎼 🎹 🥁 🎷

IMG-0495.jpgIMG-0484.jpgIMG-0478.jpg

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On Friday, my son and his friends hiked to the top of Stone Mountain on the east side of the Atlanta metro just in time to catch a pretty cool looking sunset.

IMG-6469.jpg67478679641--AD8176D6-9DF3-4464-B951-BF62DF4398E1.fullsizerender.jpg