• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep. Sun is setting and its 71F. Crazy thing is when I check the weather channel app it says, " special weather statement, chance of a wintery mix Sunday through Tuesday". Crazy, but might as well take advantage while it lasts. I've got a good fire, grey goose, and Jäger. Fajitas going on grill shortly!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This what I see right now. Picture quality not too good from the iPad.

NOC1.jpg
NOC2.jpg

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I see I am not alone. Now I know who to contact on the forum when I am bored at work.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I am on night 6 of 6. A little over two more hours and done for three days. I am on a regular midnight shift. Is this something you rotate through or normal work schedule?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I am on night 6 of 6. A little over two more hours and done for three days. I am on a regular midnight shift. Is this something you rotate through or normal work schedule?
Our shift schedule is on a 6 week rotation which includes 7 consecutive night shifts. Here's our shift rotation, each day/night is 12 hours 6;30 to 6:30 either am or pm. Over the 6 weeks we will average 40 hours per week.

Week 1 - Mon-Thurs, Days
Week 2 - Tues-Fri, Days
Week 3 - Thurs-Sun, Nights
Week 4 - Mon-Wed, Nights
Week 5 - Thurs-Sun, Days
Week 6 - Mon, Days

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho That will mess with your body clock! I work a rotation of 6 on, 3 off, 6 on, 3 off, 6 on, 6 off. All 10pm to 6am.
I used to work the same rotation without the 6 day off break (6 on, 3 off all the time) and it was a combination of 6-2pm, 2-10pm, and 10-6am. Happy I don't do that anymore.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BravoMike our shift isn't that bad, we have plenty of time before night shift (5.5 days) and after night shift (6.5 days) to get ready for or recover from nights. I guess it all depends on what you get use to, I've been doing this shift for 13 years so I'm in the groove.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BravoMike our shift isn't that bad, we have plenty of time before night shift (5.5 days) and after night shift (6.5 days) to get ready for or recover from nights. I guess it all depends on what you get use to, I've been doing this shift for 13 years so I'm in the groove.
That is not too bad. And, you are correct, it is whatever you get used to doing. You will be going home soon and I have to get ready for turnover. Catch you next time!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BravoMike @andy07sx230ho I'm right there with you guys. I work a straight night shift, 11:30-7:30. Been working these kind of hour for nearly 20 years now. You never really get used to it. You just deal with it. I cannot wait to be on days. But that's probably still 2 or 3 years away at least.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know the feeling, I was going over that bridge a couple weeks ago and dreaming of summer. Definitely getting a group of us together to make a run through the intercoastal to come over for the day as soon as it's warm enough.

Definitely let me know when y'all plan that. I know last years got cancelled.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Georgia Dome. Home to the Atlanta Falcons.

What's the significance of this you ask? I'm a HUGE Falcons (and Braves) fan. But I'm up here in Atlanta for my daughter's Cheer Competition next door to the Georgia Dome. Wish it was Baseball and Football Season.

20150214_141615.jpg

Attachments

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nothing better than a Braves fan. With what they have (Frank Wren et. al.) have done to the team, we need all the supporters we can get !
Gonna be a long season, until we start the 2016 season.
B13.jpg Braves Win 1.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1) They are ("were" ???) talking about a "wintry mix" coming in tonight and for tomorrow. And the next "nice" day being a week from today, next Sunday, Daytona 500 Sunday, Feb 22.
BUT ! .... We walk outside today, off to church, and what greets us ?

P1010857 - sm.jpg

2) For those of y'all with forecasts of like MINUS 43 degrees in Minnesota, and Boston in like a "breaking point," I really have not a lot to offer.
Stay warm. Better days are acomin' !
Good Luck - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's right @MikeyL ! Grew up on Braves Baseball. Completely baffled by who we let go this off season. BAFFLED!

New stadiums for Braves and Falcons in 2017. Hope both are back to prime!