• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Disco Volante

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They are called jack up rigs, drilling platforms and other rigs like it to do the job, they are everywhere down here in south louisiana, there are something of the magnitude of 1000 abandoned in the gulf here. We fish around them. Here are some in the background

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 214952

Then, dessert for me, before retiring for an "early" night for me. Gotta be up early for Bloody Mary's before I consider a test walk onto the ice tomorrow.

There was an Argo out on the ice when we rolled up, but there likely won't be any cars risking the trip out from our launch. Absolute crap ice since it's been in the 50's,with overnight rain for the past few days. We're taking the road over to the weigh-in location tomorrow. It seems to be a path of open water in the creek, and soft spots near shore, but there's a few shacks out on the ice.

3 folks in our neighborhood with tags, and since it's a lottery, the 7+ year wait list will have people out, whether they should be, or not. 2 water rescues just before we arrived, all are safe, and hopefully that luck holds through the weekend.

The only safe ice is the stuff in your glass.
So…still alive then?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Record high temps. here for mid February. A new high of 56°F yesterday smashed the old record high of 46°F. Sap has been running for a couple of days straight, with no nighttime freeze up.
I am only about half tapped at this point, due to some wind damage, but I have walked a few miles, looking for vacuum leaks and that paid off.

27A45653-C67C-4BEE-B0F0-597E36DE3FB8.jpeg

Sap collected overnight.

D98976D6-A0C2-4DEF-AEA5-BD2ED5A6C7C7.jpeg

An example of a vacuum leak that I find. Rodents.

5BC7DB00-8C81-4BD9-B0F8-4C321EBA7FCE.jpeg

Yes, those two little knicks on a 5/16” section of tubing. They all add up.
Anyway, shipped 2400 gallons yesterday. First of the season.

Balmy here. Almost time to open the pool. ;) People are fishing/trolling on the Lake and catching Salmon and Lake Trout. Many ramps stayed open this Winter.

0F71B715-7B26-4F65-A5B6-FB959A38E40F.jpeg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My friend on his way home from Catalina Island off the So Cal coast. He and his brother were over there painting some of the Boy Scout facilities… and they pulled an almost all nighter on the first day and got four limits of lobsters.

7F64EEB8-A8FC-4470-ABB1-9FF9A6FA36AE.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Record high temps. here for mid February. A new high of 56°F yesterday smashed the old record high of 46°F. Sap has been running for a couple of days straight, with no nighttime freeze up.
I am only about half tapped at this point, due to some wind damage, but I have walked a few miles, looking for vacuum leaks and that paid off.

View attachment 215006

Sap collected overnight.

View attachment 215007

An example of a vacuum leak that I find. Rodents.

View attachment 215008

Yes, those two little knicks on a 5/16” section of tubing. They all add up.
Anyway, shipped 2400 gallons yesterday. First of the season.

Balmy here. Almost time to open the pool. ;) People are fishing/trolling on the Lake and catching Salmon and Lake Trout. Many ramps stayed open this Winter.

View attachment 215009
How long did it take to collect 2400 gallons?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How long did it take to collect 2400 gallons?
It took around 2000 taps, 24 hours to produce 2400 gallons of 1.2 % sugar @ 25”Hg. I increased the vacuum to 27.5 later in the day by plugging leaks.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My friend on his way home from Catalina Island off the So Cal coast. He and his brother were over there painting some of the Boy Scout facilities… and they pulled an almost all nighter on the first day and got four limits of lobsters.

View attachment 215023
Camp cherry valley! Used to go there as a kid. Good for those guys!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Camp cherry valley! Used to go there as a kid. Good for those guys!
IMG_2313.jpegIMG_2314.jpegIMG_2315.jpegIMG_2317.jpegIMG_2318.jpegIMG_2319.jpegIMG_2321.jpegIMG_2323.jpegIMG_2320.jpeg72921345411__755F228D-9A65-479F-BA71-309868392B11.jpegIMG_2482.jpegIMG_2483.jpeg

As you can see the painting contractor didn’t prime the wood. Looks good now. You can see the airless in my friends boat.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My father in law passed away Friday. We've had my MIL's car at our house for a couple weeks while he was in the ICU until he eventually passed. I noticed quite a few things that needed taken care of on her car, so I knocked those out before taking it back to her yesterday. This is a 2014 equinox that has 181k on it! Anyone knows these ecotec motors knows that's super rare. I told her to let the dust settle and when she knows how much money she has left every month to pick up a 2017-2018 CRV with low miles. That will last her forever the little she drives around town.

That oil filter location sucks.
20240211_112408.jpg
Had to replace the rear brakes, and replaced/bled the brake fluid. Love a nice firm pedal. It could use a good cleaning, but it was raining and ran out of time. Also needs the transmission fluid changed. So hopefully next time I'll do that and give it a good detail. Maybe a one step polish to clean up the paint some. That should last her until it comes time to trade it in.
20240211_102051.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What lake is that inlaid into the bar?
Lake Butte des Morts in Oshkosh. It's really more of an artist's rendition. The bar top has survived 3 different changes in ownership, I think it was built so well, nobody wants to mess with it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lake Butte des Morts in Oshkosh. It's really more of an artist's rendition. The bar top has survived 3 different changes in ownership, I think it was built so well, nobody wants to mess with it.
Okay… Butte des morts=mound of the dead…Where did that name come from?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay… Butte des morts=mound of the dead…Where did that name come from?
Dunno, but there's quite the mix of Injun and Frenchie names in Wisconsin. I'm guessing French trappers from way back in the day.

Also in WI off the top of my head, Lac du Flambeau, Prairie du Chien, Fond du Lac, Portage,... supposedly, "Wisconsin" is an English spelling, of a French word, for an Indian river (Meskonsing).

And we had one of the largest numbers of German immigrants, go figure!

So, no real answer. The folks over at Marquette University may have a better idea 😀

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My father in law passed away Friday. We've had my MIL's car at our house for a couple weeks while he was in the ICU until he eventually passed. I noticed quite a few things that needed taken care of on her car, so I knocked those out before taking it back to her yesterday. This is a 2014 equinox that has 181k on it! Anyone knows these ecotec motors knows that's super rare. I told her to let the dust settle and when she knows how much money she has left every month to pick up a 2017-2018 CRV with low miles. That will last her forever the little she drives around town.

That oil filter location sucks.
View attachment 215068
Had to replace the rear brakes, and replaced/bled the brake fluid. Love a nice firm pedal. It could use a good cleaning, but it was raining and ran out of time. Also needs the transmission fluid changed. So hopefully next time I'll do that and give it a good detail. Maybe a one step polish to clean up the paint some. That should last her until it comes time to trade it in.
View attachment 215069
Sorry for your loss! I have been there and it is great when you can do things to help as they go through all this.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View from the Owls Nest tonight.