• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sucked up every weed in Lake Erie

On #1 you are saying it overheats on the hose but not on the water? The only "valve" is the one right at the flushport that gets pushed in by the hose adapter dohicky to prevent backflow when the engine is running and in the water. Does water come out of your pissers and from the transom when on the hose?

#2 makes no sense, of course the pressure generated by the impeller is greater than when being towed, but the difference is that the engines are running so no water can backflow into the engine. Makes me question why he said its an issue for SeaDoo's. Not sure about the Rotax powered boats, but on the SeaDoo skis the engine cooling is closed loop. Only the exhaust cooling is fed from lake/ocean water.
1). I was told not to run the hose until replaced.
2). Ya good point. I’m just putting it out there for feedback like this. Thank you. .

Along the same line of this, I have a Yamaha AR210 with TR1 HO engines. Sucked up a ton of seagrass along the Anclote river in Tarpon Springs Fl., this weekend, got an overheat notification without any "CODES" displayed just "consult Yamaha Dealer". I cleaned out the intake, impeller/shaft and its still overheating on my port engine. Waterflow is minimal when doing flush. Could there be somewhere internally in the cooling system that it may have ground up some of the grass and its impeding the waterflow and if so, where and how do I find it. I had this occur with sucking up sand last summer and dealers mechanic got it cleared but wasn't too helpful in advising me should this happen again how I might do the fix myself. Help Please

Along the same line of this, I have a Yamaha AR210 with TR1 HO engines. Sucked up a ton of seagrass along the Anclote river in Tarpon Springs Fl., this weekend, got an overheat notification without any "CODES" displayed just "consult Yamaha Dealer". I cleaned out the intake, impeller/shaft and its still overheating on my port engine. Waterflow is minimal when doing flush. Could there be somewhere internally in the cooling system that it may have ground up some of the grass and its impeding the waterflow and if so, where and how do I find it. I had this occur with sucking up sand last summer and dealers mechanic got it cleared but wasn't too helpful in advising me should this happen again how I might do the fix myself. Help Please

Have you pulled the intake screen on the pump and checked it out? Could be something is in there that needs to be cleared. I think it is 4 8 or 10mm bolts and the whole screen assembly comes out in your hand.

If something is plugged in the engine most of the water is going to come out of the intake screen while on the hose. When you say that water flow is minimal when flushing, do you mean low flow out of the pisser? How was the flow out of the water outlet on the stern?

This is what he is @FSH 210 Sport is referring to....it is the intake screen. Inside you will find a white block with lots of holes....check to be sure it is clear. If it IS clear, then your blockage is further up the line (I'd check your t-stat next).

cleanout.JPG

Thanks so much for the info, I'll have to boat out of the water tomorrow and check the intake screen then, hope that is all it is.
RE: T-Stat, are you suggesting it could be clogged or that it may just need replaced...hope not as it only has 150 hrs on it. Love the COBRA JET'S. Like the name of your boat...nearly named ours the same.

Attachments

• Boatsetter Picture.jpg
    Boatsetter Picture.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 11
Thank you fellas, got it fixed. Checked both engines screens, no clog, did the hard reset and it cleared the hot engine warring after the 4th reset attempt, took it out and it ran great.

Back