• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You've got to stop posting pics of your boat and how shinny and polished it is, not fair. ;)
I could show you the graphics that are peeling up for no reason. LOL! Probably will need to eventually replace all the graphics if I can get a hold of them, or see if I can't get JBP to make some impact graphics.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While you were in there, did you do the light bar in the middle?

I replaced all of my lights with LEDs. I keep everything plugged in and working at the ramp, don't need the reverse pin falling out or anything making it harder on my wife. Center bar lined right up with the factory holes.

IMG_0263.jpeg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lost a trailer tire last year and lost another one yesterday. Executive decision to get rid of the piece of sh*t Carlisle tires and get some radials.... Goodyear Endurance tires all around now.
IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3672.JPG

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced all of my lights with LEDs. I keep everything plugged in and working at the ramp, don't need the reverse pin falling out or anything making it harder on my wife. Center bar lined right up with the factory holes.

View attachment 206989
Do you have links or part descriptions for what you used? Your left and right lamps look different than what I've seen, it's it's a nice look

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lost a trailer tire last year and lost another one yesterday. Executive decision to get rid of the piece of sh*t Carlisle tires and get some radials.... Goodyear Endurance tires all around now.
View attachment 206992

View attachment 206993
I have 4k miles on my original tires and they've been wearing pretty good. Likely plan to replace them before next season, though.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with these from a local tire shop for around $60 each. He didn't have them in stock but it only took one day for him to get them. I've had no issues and have 3.5 seasons on them trailering a majority of the time since we decided to not wet slip anymore. Been from ILto FL twice, once to northern MI and all over within a few hours of home almost every weekend. My guess is that I've got close to 8k miles on them and they still look new.
IMG_0695.jpeg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting everything ready for our trip up to Lake Martin had my kids take SOS pads to the rims and clean them up so I could put a coat of Rejex on. The salt water is slowly taking its toll IMG_0704.jpegIMG_0705.jpeg
After checking & greasing the wheel bearings I took a look at the date code on the tires. They’re from 2019 so this may be the last year for them even though they look like they’re holding up well.
While checking the trailer over I came across where the brake fluid is leaking from. The master cylinder where the pushrod goes in is the culprit. Doing some searching on the forum I found a complete inner replacement assembly. UFP Model A-75 Inner Member Slide Disc Brake Actuator (Single) #47723.IMG_0706.jpegIMG_0707.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I moved it from its oem 2010 MFI trailer to its 2017 shorelander trailer after I swithed the ramp n clamp for the stoltz roller on the 2017.
IMG_3279.jpegIMG_3282.jpeg

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Replaced the crooked generic registration numbers with something a little more aesthetically pleasing from Lettering.com

Dude must have been drunk…….
IMG_0618.jpeg

Much better…….
IMG_0612.jpeg

New name, another Rush song……
IMG_0614.jpeg

Jacob’s Ladder is my favorite Rush song and it’s biblical reference seems fitting - it’s a ladder to heaven:

“Jacob’s Ladder is a ladder leading to heaven that was featured in a dream the biblical Patriarch Jacob had during his flight from his brother Essau in the Book of Genesis.”

I’m not all that religious but my boat is my ladder to heaven on the weekends……

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any difference in loading the boat or trailering?
Not that I could tell. I have only trailered the boat on the 2017 a mile though so far and I walked it/winched it onto the trailer instead of power loading it. I’m just happy the bunks are positioned correctly, as are the guides and that the spare tire does not contact the bow.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Replaced the crooked generic registration numbers with something a little more aesthetically pleasing from Lettering.com

Dude must have been drunk…….
View attachment 207822

Much better…….
View attachment 207823

New name, another Rush song……
View attachment 207824

Jacob’s Ladder is my favorite Rush song and it’s biblical reference seems fitting - it’s a ladder to heaven:

“Jacob’s Ladder is a ladder leading to heaven that was featured in a dream the biblical Patriarch Jacob had during his flight from his brother Essau in the Book of Genesis.”

I’m not all that religious but my boat is my ladder to heaven on the weekends……
If I’m not mistaken Jacobs ladder is off the one Rush Album Permanent Waves, yes Album, that I had and is the album with all my favorite Rush songs, Spirit of Radio, Entre Nous, Free Will an Ayn Rand inspired song, Natural Science… great stuff!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Goodyear Endurance are Awesome. I have them and after 3500 miles give or take they look great.
Im not sure how many miles I’ve got on my Endurance radials now but I’m seconding your awesome rating.. super smooth and quiet, and the trailer never wanders around even at 75 mph.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After the Oahe trip, and many previous outings my boat definitely needed a field day cleaning… I spent two full days cleaning, removing water spots, waxing the entire boat, cleaning and dressing the vinyl, the juice was definitely worth the squeeze though, it looks great. I filled up with 87 octane non ethanol in Fort Pierre so shes ready to go on the next outing in a couple of days.

8D5C9510-85BE-42C7-B2D7-5767DCA6BB04.jpeg

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If I’m not mistaken Jacobs ladder is off the one Rush Album Permanent Waves, yes Album, that I had and is the album with all my favorite Rush songs, Spirit of Radio, Entre Nous, Free Will an Ayn Rand inspired song, Natural Science… great stuff!
You are correct, sir. :)

I saw Rush in concert 7-8 times and they finally played Jacob’s Ladder live on their last tour - R40. Went to the show at the United Center in Chicago and stood mesmerized as they played it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are correct, sir. :)

I saw Rush in concert 7-8 times and they finally played Jacob’s Ladder live on their last tour - R40. Went to the show at the United Center in Chicago and stood mesmerized as they played it.
Who’s drumming for them now?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Who’s drumming for them now?
Blasphemy!!! :)

Alex and Geddy both said that there will not be a replacement for Neil. They did play a few songs at the Taylor Hawkins memorial concert last year with Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) and Danny Carey (Tool) playing the drums but that‘s about all they plan on doing.