• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on 255 FSH Sport E

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s called sea glass. It’s kinda grey/brown. I’d post a photo but they asked me not too until the official release later this month… but I could privately send it lol
Same as mine!
Congrats.
I'm driving 2800 miles one way to pick mine up on Friday.
No picture request from my dealer too.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oops, fat fingers, only 1800 miles, lol.

Messina919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s called sea glass. It’s kinda grey/brown. I’d post a photo but they asked me not too until the official release later this month… but I could privately send it lol
Please send me pictures as I am told I am getting a 2022 but my dealer is awful and isn't giving at details. Do you know if there are any changes to the boat from the 21's

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So 4 people on board today and a hard port side lean… any suggestions on this

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very interested in the 252/255, never owned a jet boat so a little Leary. Can anyone ease my fears about sea weed and running in skinny water? I will be using this boat in the Florida Keys,trolling weed lines, fishing bridges,flats etc.
Didn't see if this was answered...but this is not a good match. Jets and weeds don't match

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So 4 people on board today and a hard port side lean… any suggestions on this
Did you have the rear starboard live well full? It goes without saying that the placement of the people makes a difference, but, on my 210 FSH I had a similar thing happen one day with three people onboard.

After I dropped them at the dock I went back out to a fave cove and went swimming. I could see the boat was listing to port, one of the transom tie down points was out of the water and the other was almost totally submersed. Then I realized I had not filled the live well. I got back in and filled the live well, jumped back in the-water and the boat was perfectly balanced.

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
what color is the interior upholstery?

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Did you have the rear starboard live well full? It goes without saying that the placement of the people makes a difference, but, on my 210 FSH I had a similar thing happen one day with three people onboard.

After I dropped them at the dock I went back out to a fave cove and went swimming. I could see the boat was listing to port, one of the transom tie down points was out of the water and the other was almost totally submersed. Then I realized I had not filled the live well. I got back in and filled the live well, jumped back in the-water and the boat was perfectly balanced.
Also don’t forget about the freshwater tank. I keep mine full and haven’t had any leaning issues

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also don’t forget about the freshwater tank. I keep mine full and haven’t had any leaning issues
Is the fresh water tank located on the starboard side as well?

I personally thought it was some great engineering on Yamaha’s part to design the live well needing to be full to ride even side to side. Filling it is part of my launch ritual.

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'm wondering if anyone on here has installed a trolling motor on your FSH and connected it to the Simrad Go system. I've been trying to read everything out there on the subject, as I know I'm going to get one eventually (when they are back in stock) and will probably be using it for SpotLock/Anchor Lock and maybe do some routing. I've heard that the MG Xi5 can be linked up to the Simrad. Anyone done it? What features do you like/use the most? I've heard Rhodan is coming out with one that will link up, but I don't think it's out yet. Anyway, I'd love any feedback anyone has on this. Thanks!

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm wondering if anyone on here has installed a trolling motor on your FSH and connected it to the Simrad Go system.
I haven't... yet.

I'm adding Ethernet and NMEA networking to all of the electronics on my boat.

I have all the components (including the NMEA Gateway kit for my MotorGuide Xi5) staged in my living room. My wife reminds me every day that I need to finish that project so she can have her living room back.

JValle83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how well this boat handles the open seas?? I fish out of Alabama and pretty regularly 2-3ft seas. Is the 255 going to be able to handle that or am I going to get beat up going 15-20 miles out?
It will handle it without any problems, unless you like run it hard. I have the 210 and will run mines all day long in 2-3ft. I run mines about 10-15 miles outside of Venice without any issues. Currently had it in 4-5 and was impressed with how it handled it. Hardest part is trying to keep the throttles in sync while controlling speed in between bigger waves but the 255 will eliminate that issue.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It will handle it without any problems, unless you like run it hard. I have the 210 and will run mines all day long in 2-3ft. I run mines about 10-15 miles outside of Venice without any issues. Currently had it in 4-5 and was impressed with how it handled it. Hardest part is trying to keep the throttles in sync while controlling speed in between bigger waves but the 255 will eliminate that issue.
Just tossing this out there.. I realize that throttle position changes may need to be done very quickly in bigger water. Have you tried using the cruise assist to handle the throttling duties? I get the engines synched up around 6000 rpm and then use the cruise assist most of the time for throttle changes unless I need immediate action.

Just a thought.

Ranger3rd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Considering no one has one yet, not sure how accurate any opinions will be.

However, I also am on the Gulf Coast and plan on going that far out with my FSH 252, hopefully this summer.
I have 2022 255 fsh..in the keys..3 to 4 ft sometimes with strong winds..handles great ..no problems..

cubiche2312

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Other
Can anyone tell me how well this boat handles the open seas?? I fish out of Alabama and pretty regularly 2-3ft seas. Is the 255 going to be able to handle that or am I going to get beat up going 15-20 miles out?
I have a FSH 255 Sport OVH, after 12 hours of use it broke down cause of transom cable tripped and made a short apparently . Boat at the dealer for 3 months now , not because of supply chain or any covid related , but because Yamaha Warranty wants to figure out what happen before approving the claim, in the mean time , no boat after paying 100K USD . I call the and they say the dealer(Riva Miami) is at fault, Dealer say Yamaha warranty at fault. This boat have insurance and extended warranty , but the problem seems to be is a Yamaha . Called Yamaha customer service the guy was even sarcastic about it " the faster we figure it out what happened the faster you will be on the water". Buying a new Yamaha boat is not warranty that you will be on the water , that is a fact.

Attachments