• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Titanic claims more people

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bummer

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No matter what happens I can’t imagine a more horrible way to go. Listening to the audio of the Thresher (US Navy sub) in the seconds before they lost contact was one of the most chilling things I have ever heard and literally broke my heart.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am convinced it is one of three things.

1. Aliens
2. The Meg
3. Business Sabotage

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I am convinced it is one of three things.

1. Aliens
2. The Meg
3. Business Sabotage
Somehow my Florida car insurance will be impacted with this.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1/4 million dollar ticket! I will die one day but it sure won't be from a $250k site seeing trip. Wow.
Would it be worth it if they found the portal to a new virgin universe with habitat to sustain life? Sign me up!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There not been any sound from the sub is not good. If they simply lost communication, they could bang on the hull to make sounds....but nothing is being picked up....which points towards (catastrophic) failure of the hull.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm going with a full implosion at this point. They haven't found anything and the O2 has got to be nearly gone.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Not a steel hull so not sure how effective the banging would be. Horrible situation.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
one could tap ... --- ... on a coffee cup inside the vessel and the sonars dropped from the CG C-130 would hear it,
O2 runs out tomorrow. (per the talking head on da tv)

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like they have hear some banging but have not located the sub yet.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Biggest question is, if they do locate it using some type of technology and can put eyes on it, how do they connect/retrieve at the depths they think it could be at in time before the air supply runs out? From what I’m reading, there is not many vehicles that can go to the depth, and if there is a vehicle available, how fast can it get there?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
they have submersible (unmanned) scanning the wreck perimeter, im assuming those with robotic arm. I hope they already brought a rescue rope to attach in the event they find it cause by the time they arrange that it would be too late. In my opinion, it is now a recovery mission, even if they survived, at those depth they probably frozen by now if the claim is true that it lost power.

For the banging, some expert on some news said, Titanic make banging noise all the time, metal rubbing due to current.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
0600 tomorrow morning (Thursday) is when they run out of O2, from what I'm reading. My ignorant brain would think that, once found, simply connecting a rope to a fast moving winch could get them up pretty quickly.

Other concerning items on Twitter about this "sub." (Unverified data)
- Used a modify game controller for it's controls?
- View window was only rated by manufacture to 1/3 of depth needed to get to the Titanic?
- No way to exit the sub even if it was on the surface as the sub is bolted closed from the outside?
- Sub relied on an external device to guide it down to the Titanic, but was basically blind as it descended. There's speculation it could have descended directly into the wreckage and become stuck.
- A whistleblower was fired from the company in the last five years due to him expressing concerns about the safety of the sub.
- Carbon fiber structure not extensively tested against repeat compression and decompression cycles.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
0600 tomorrow morning (Thursday) is when they run out of O2, from what I'm reading. My ignorant brain would think that, once found, simply connecting a rope to a fast moving winch could get them up pretty quickly.
It is hard to comprehend. But that comprehension, for me, starts with some numbers.

13,000' of rope is nearly impossible, so it has to be self propelled.
13,000' of depth, a human could not survive the pressure or distance even if there were a way to get out.
13,000' of depth, there is no quick way up. Even if it were tethered, slow controlled surfacing is required no matter what for decompression/depressurization.

Last edited: