• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater lights on Yamaha 210 FSH?

ewassef

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
At first glance it doesnt seem like this is doable. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations?

At first glance it doesnt seem like this is doable. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations?

Seems like this is totally doable, it’s on my list of possible upgrades over the winter.

I don’t know of a member who has done this, lighting on these boats has been focused around spreader lights, which is going to be one of my upgrades over the winter. I’d also like to add a few more courtesy lights so the deck can be fully illuminated.

Did you do a search or go through all the center console posts?

I did a search here and came up with nothing. Extra courtesy lights would be nice.
When looking into the engine bay, it didn't seem like there was a good drill point that I could get to for the lights.

ewassef,

I've yet to receive my Yamaha, it's still on order. While waiting, I've been researching several things I'd like to do to it once it arrives. Underwater lighting is one of those items. Mine will be a 195S so, our hulls don't exactly match up. But, I did find this LINK about adding a drainplug light to an AR210. Perhaps that's close enough to what you have to help get you pointed in the right direction. Doing a search here, as well as Google, for 'underwater boat lighting", and "drainplug light" should flood you with stuff.

My plan so far is... to do the drainplugs on mine and tie them in to the courtesy light switch. That may change once I see the layout of the boat, first hand.

Good luck,

King

Yes. I have installed an underwater light above my drain plug area. It was a sea breeze round RGB light with a wire I ran to a dash switch. Will try and post some pics as well as how I did it later today.

Back