• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wash hose quick connect totally stuck - FSH190

leftcoasterfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello from Eyewall City - aka Pine Island FL.

My hose is totally stuck. We made a couple of runs from the island to the Cape for supplies in the last few days and we plugged in the hose.
To start - the hose works great. It really sprays out like a normal garden hose. Now, I cannot get it out of the quick connect. It is totally stuck. It is so stuck that I can unscrew the center brass fitting, but that is no help :) So we did a run with it connected and the nozzle worked well enough to keep the water from spraying. So, now the hose is just lying on the deck.

I have sprayed it with WD40 and even have tried channel locks. It wont come out? Any ideas on what to do next?

Glad to be alive ;)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you try pushing in on the fitting then push the release collar on the outside of the fitting?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like a piece of debris might have been inside the female side of the fitting and it got jammed in there.
Had you used the wash down hose before?

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any luck rotating the collar on the female half with channel locks while pushing in the male half?

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I feel your pain.
2004 was the worst year.
Charley
Frances
Jeanne

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you are unable to get the hose out, go and look at freshwater systems web page as they are the supplier of these parts to Yamaha and sourcing those replacement parts at freshwater systems will be cheaper than buying through Yamaha. If you need assistance let me know. Long story short, I lost the male quick connector late last summer and found it at freshwater systems.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you are unable to get the hose out, go and look at freshwater systems web page as they are the supplier of these parts to Yamaha and sourcing those replacement parts at freshwater systems will be cheaper than buying through Yamaha. If you need assistance let me know. Long story short, I lost the male quick connector late last summer and found it at freshwater systems.
Pretty sure you can buy them on Amazon really cheap too.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on…

Due to the supply chain issues it took some time before they got their stock replenished… I looked everywhere and no one had them at that time. I’d have to go back through my emails with them and look for the part number. I know that freshwater systems sells the female and male sides as a kit. If memory serves, freshwater systems bought the company whose name is embossed on the parts, I’m pretty sure it was @lazergeek who pointed me in the right direction.

Last summer when we rented the houseboat at Lake Powell we were using my wash down hose to keep the water slide wet and the male fitting was removed from the hose and the hose was attached to the outdoor shower of the houseboat. On the second to last night there was a huge wind storm and things were rapidly stowed at 2 in the morning and that was the last time it was seen.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here’s the kit with a plastic male connector

This is the better brass / plastic male connector.

More expensive on Amazon…

A quick search didn’t turn up the female side on amazon…

Pretty sure Yamaha wants close to $200 for these pieces…

leftcoasterfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The hurricane totally trashed my front door so I took all day to hang a new door. :)

Ill be able to check it out tomorrow. I thank everyone for the advice. Ill let you know. Cheers!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The hurricane totally trashed my front door so I took all day to hang a new door. :)

Ill be able to check it out tomorrow. I thank everyone for the advice. Ill let you know. Cheers!
Any progress?

leftcoasterfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well - looks like this is going to work.
I just got rid of the quick connect. It actually broke when I tried getting it out again...so I bought this
Solid Brass Hex Pipe Coupling 3/8" Female NPT Air Fuel Gas Water | eBay
And it worked and adapted both sides. I rarely use the hose so having to screw it on when I need it is no big deal. Ill just cap it and take it off as needed.
I am happy this was a cheap fix :)

IMG_20221118_145439019.jpg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great!

You know there is a sea cock shut off valve right under the mechanical access hatch in the clean out tray? Unless you want the hose totally out of the way you could just turn off the supply valve when you don’t want to use it.