• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Watertight Yammy So Far

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
After reading about all the leaks Yammies are having, I was nervous AF to wet slip my boat for 3 days. Spent the last 3 days at Don Pedro in CA and happy to report boat is bone dry. 2 tanks of gas on the lake, and 3 nights in a slip and no leaks. Amazing considering I have a Covid boat. Love this machine!

Attachments

• 1853F4C5-4EFC-4914-A9D6-CB0106AB4749.jpeg
    1853F4C5-4EFC-4914-A9D6-CB0106AB4749.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 72
2 tanks of gas sounds like a fun couple of days on the lake! :)

I think for anyone wet slipping a boat its important to make sure the automatic bilge pump works and there is adequate power in the battery(ies). I seem to read too many threads 'that I had water in the bilge..."

Jim

2 tanks of gas sounds like a fun couple of days on the lake! :)

I think for anyone wet slipping a boat its important to make sure the automatic bilge pump works and there is adequate power in the battery(ies). I seem to read too many threads 'that I had water in the bilge..."

Jim
Agreed….bilge was on automatic, never came on…bone dry. I consider myself fortunate!

5 years and never had a leak problem!

I hate wet slipping without shore power! Even when my boat is on its lift, it is plugged in!

I must say, however, I have never wet slipped it! Could be a difference.

I hate wet slipping without shore power! Even when my boat is on its lift, it is plugged in!
According to my owners manual, my bilge pump will automatically run even with the batteries off, and cycle every 2 minutes. I left my house battery on anyway.
Before I left on my trip, I tried to test the pump. I need to be on a steep incline. My ski locker started filling up and there was still no water in the bilge. I had all the plugs in. My pump is mounted below the engine compartment whick seems to be the inner liner?

According to my owners manual, my bilge pump will automatically run even with the batteries off, and cycle every 2 minutes. I left my house battery on anyway.
Before I left on my trip, I tried to test the pump. I need to be on a steep incline. My ski locker started filling up and there was still no water in the bilge. I had all the plugs in. My pump is mounted below the engine compartment whick seems to be the inner liner?
Sounds strange. My bilge will kick in fairly quickly. You can test it by unclipping it and dropping it in a small bucket.

Sounds strange. My bilge will kick in fairly quickly. You can test it by unclipping it and dropping it in a small bucket.
That will tell me the pump is good, but I want to test the control system as well.

That will tell me the pump is good, but I want to test the control system as well.
Dont unplug it from the wiring harness, only from the "strainer" its clipped to on the bottom. Small bucket with a few inches of water to test while in the boat.

How will that not also test the control system?
LOL...You're right...I was thinking bench test for some reason....

This was the result of my testing in May

This is why this forum is second to none.....the best

Further context on my situation - our boat is on the water for 5 months between May and October every year and does not get hauled out until the end of the season. By and large, the boat is dry. The bilge keeps up and the solar panel (my "shore" power) ensures the batteries stay topped up. Fairly good arrangement overall.

This was the result of my testing in May
And keep in mind....Yamaha switches the Make/Model of these pumps that they install, and also changes the way they wire them. So just because one person gets one result does not (unfortunately) mean you will get the same result. Quad's pump is one of the nicer ones. The older boats have simple back pressure bilge pumps (my 2016 for example). When I installed my pump on the angled edge in the bilge, the one in the engine compartment kicked on BEFORE the one I installed in the bilge!

Back